• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from Denmark!

People living in extreme poverty in Denmark 0.30%, in USA 1.75 percent, thats about the population of Denmark that is living for less than 5 bucks, less than 10 is 0.57% for Denmark, 2.75% USA, overall poverty rate 17.8% for US Denmark 12.5%,

source https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SI.POV.NAHC?locations=CO&view=map&year_high_desc=true

Child poverty 11.8 % in the US, and a mere 1.9 % in Denmark:

How else do you think the US can have so many billionaires? The more people there are who are poor, the more people there are who are rich. Capitalism at its extreme.

I can sorta agree with that, good point, loved the wings part, where did you get it from?

The wings thing might have been about angels, I'm not sure. Birds seems more accessible in today's world.

It was from a philosophical debate regarding this general topic of rights, responsibilities, duties and privileges.

Life is always a series of trade-offs. If you're gong to dance to the music, you need to pay to the piper.

Lately, it seems like everyone wants to dance and nobody wants to pay.

its pretty dope!

I had a wonderful Christmas Eve there early 2000s. I lived in Helsingborg and Lund for a couple years.

I had a wonderful Christmas Eve there early 2000s. I lived in Helsingborg and Lund for a couple years.
there is just something about the øresund region.. it feels like a hub of scandinavian culture

The wings thing might have been about angels, I'm not sure. Birds seems more accessible in today's world.

It was from a philosophical debate regarding this general topic of rights, responsibilities, duties and privileges.

Life is always a series of trade-offs. If you're gong to dance to the music, you need to pay to the piper.

Lately, it seems like everyone wants to dance and nobody wants to pay.
I guess it is different in the US than in Denmark, little surprise there, but deep down the reason I am a social liberal is because I just want to help people, and dont mind being doomed to middle class life to pay for it.

For others: that's irredentist ribbing.

I guess it is different in the US than in Denmark, little surprise there, but deep down the reason I am a social liberal is because I just want to help people, and dont mind being doomed to middle class life to pay for it.

Being prone to helping people is in general a good thing as far as I can tell.

I prefer charity to be a voluntary choice rather than a mandated duty.

Also, I prefer that charity be very focused and very directed so that it benefits those in need.

The greater the distance away from the contributor, the greater the likelihood that the money will be stolen before it ever reaches those who need it.

I was amused once to see and hear an interview with a grossly overweight person in their living room in front of their big screen TV complaining that they felt that the Federal Government didn't even seem to know they were alive.

The base complaint was that the Federal Government was not giving them enough money.

A few thoughts occurred to me watching the plea:

1. They did not look like a person who missed many meals.
2. Their TV was nicer than mine.
3. I often wished that the Federal Government did not know I was alive.

Being prone to helping people is in general a good thing as far as I can tell.

I prefer charity to be a voluntary choice rather than a mandated duty.

Also, I prefer that charity be very focused and very directed so that it benefits those in need.

The greater the distance away from the contributor, the greater the likelihood that the money will be stolen before it ever reaches those who need it.

I was amused once to see and hear an interview with a grossly overweight person in their living room in front of their big screen TV complaining that they felt that the Federal Government didn't even seem to know they were alive.

The base complaint was that the Federal Government was not giving them enough money.

A few thoughts occurred to me watching the plea:

1. They did not look like a person who missed many meals.
2. Their TV was nicer than mine.
3. I often wished that the Federal Government did not know I was alive.
its a common complaint, and one we hear in denmark too, yes there will be some who abuse the system, but honestly, its worth it, just to level the playingfield just a bit, so people can go to university if they want too, and not have to worry about how to get a meal the next day, and yes, it gets complicated if a country is as large as the US is, but I think on a state level you could build a welfare state that could level the playingfield for you too. Anyway not likely to happen, the demonisation of socialdemocratic and socialliberal ideas is far to ingrained in the US way of thinking

read the rules closely. it's illegal to disagree with me.

that's also in the Bible.

Last edited:
its a common complaint, and one we hear in denmark too, yes there will be some who abuse the system, but honestly, its worth it, just to level the playingfield just a bit, so people can go to university if they want too, and not have to worry about how to get a meal the next day, and yes, it gets complicated if a country is as large as the US is, but I think on a state level you could build a welfare state that could level the playingfield for you too. Anyway not likely to happen, the demonisation of socialdemocratic and socialliberal ideas is far to ingrained in the US way of thinking

The creep away from personal responsibility toward nanny state control and dominance is well under way.

We are frogs in steadily warming water.

There are two purposes of welfare as imagined by the lying thieves who execute the programs:

1. Creating and expanding a stream of money that can be accessed easily for theft by the lying thieves.
2. Quieting the poor so they don't riot in the streets.

The first goal is being achieved with ever increasing success.

The second goal, as evidenced by the riots of the Sumer of 2020, is not being achieved.

Last edited:
The creep away from personal responsibility toward nanny state control and dominance is well under way.

There are two purposes of welfare as imagined by the lying thieves who execute the programs:

1. Creating and expanding a stream of money that can be accessed easily for theft by the lying thieves.

The second goal, as evidenced by the riots of the Sumer of 2020, is not being achieved.
wow... welfare in Denmark has no subversive goals like that, I frankly take offence to the idea of the welfare state being perverted into a demon by conservatives, it works, it gives a safety net that has kept Denmark going for a long time now, it gives a platform from which people can rise. As for the voluntary donations to charity, that didnt work in the 1890's it dosnt work now, the 1 in 6 children that goes to bed hungry in the USA, could use a hand, and since they exist, your idea of voluntary welfare isnt working.

The state is far more effective than charities, and quite frankly, if you want to be part of the state, then you should pay to it, growth needs to be on all levels or the state fails, the state grows far more strong and far more stable if it enables a method for the poor to rise out of poverty.

wow... welfare in Denmark has no subversive goals like that, I frankly take offence to the idea of the welfare state being perverted into a demon by conservatives, it works, it gives a safety net that has kept Denmark going for a long time now, it gives a platform from which people can rise. As for the voluntary donations to charity, that didnt work in the 1890's it dosnt work now, the 1 in 6 children that goes to bed hungry in the USA, could use a hand, and since they exist, your idea of voluntary welfare isnt working.

The state is far more effective than charities, and quite frankly, if you want to be part of the state, then you should pay to it, growth needs to be on all levels or the state fails, the state grows far more strong and far more stable if it enables a method for the poor to rise out of poverty.

The facts, statistics, science of what you say cannot be trusted because of the Deep State Dem/lib control of the MSM, the FBI, the govt... That the US is so far at the bottom of the many measures of well-being within developed nations/advanced societies doesn't matter, though defying the very definition of developed/advanced. We are Amerika!

I pay taxes and have paid taxes for decades.

I also observe that the inflation rate, AS DEFINED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, is only a fraction of the spending increases by the Federal Government.

The $1.00 of 1999 inflated through 2021 (as defined by the Feds) bought what a today's $1.50 buys today. The dollar spent by the Feds in 1999 grew to $4.00 in 2021.

The difference, 37 TRILLION DOLLARS across 20 years, is theft by our lying thieves that we elect and those lying thieves that they appoint or hire.

In 2021, the amount they stole was greater than the inflated value of what they spent in 1999.

If a person is not eating well in the US, it is because they choose to not eat well.

I volunteer at a food pantry, only one day each week, but we give out on that day a week's worth of groceries to about 500 families. Free.

Your government may be less dishonest than the US government. I certainly hope so. The US government is a money wasting and thieving cess pool of corruption, greed, favoritism and dishonesty.

What happened in the Summer of 2021?

Back
Top Bottom