• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from Austria (Vienna)

Almdudler

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
As over here in continental Europe culture of debate and discussion has completely vanished (lot's people became aggressive, a deep gap goes throug our society), I thought I could try a virtual place in the USA, the Land of the Free. Im not left and not right or conservative, I love a free society, that's all. 50+ and male. That should be enough for the first post. Glad to be here...

PS.: English is not my mother tongue, so hopefully you forgive some mistakes or clumsy expressions...

As over here in continental Europe culture of debate and discussion has completely vanished (lot's people became aggressive, a deep gap goes throug our society), I thought I could try a virtual place in the USA, the Land of the Free. Im not left and not right or conservative, I love a free society, that's all. 50+ and male. That should be enough for the first post. Glad to be here...

Greetings. Your fellow countrymen have been great additions to the forum.

PS.: English is not my mother tongue, so hopefully you forgive some mistakes or clumsy expressions...
Greetings Pilgrim. Welcome to the 'hood.

Bi scho ewig neama in Wean gwen, sicha seit a boo Joa.

Is eh a nette Stodt, owa mia taugs sowiaso ba ins mea, an Pinzgau. Geila Dialekt.

Frische Luft, mitn Radl auffe aufn Berg 🏔 und nette Leit.

Mei Englesch is recht guad - kust mi gean frogn wonnst wüst.

😉😄

Hey, fellow countryman.

Wo genau bist du her ? Where are you from ?

I live in Zell am See.

It's good to see so many austrians stand with us nazis against Russia. Going to back to your roots? good. We must create a good future for white, ukrainian children, free from the russian commies!

I glab mia sand de oazegn zwoa Hawara aus Österreich do herinna.

Ah bo Deitsche sand ma scho untakemma, vo do ba ins owa sist no koana.

Bi scho ewig neama in Wean gwen, sicha seit a boo Joa.

Is eh a nette Stodt, owa mia taugs sowiaso ba ins mea, an Pinzgau. Geila Dialekt.

Frische Luft, mitn Radl auffe aufn Berg 🏔 und nette Leit.

Mei Englesch is recht guad - kust mi gean frogn wonnst wüst.

😉😄
All dialects are charming. I'm more the urban type of person. I like Salzburg very much, which I consider the most elegant city of Austria in terms of "flair" and its predominantly baroque architecture is in complete harmony with the landscape and the Salzach river.

And „Prost“ !

(Cheers)

229186782_10158507351618719_5730983604382589460_n.jpg

I glab mia sand de oazegn zwoa Hawara aus Österreich do herinna.

Ah bo Deitsche sand ma scho untakemma, vo do ba ins owa sist no koana.
Na jo, is jo a ameriganisches Forum!! :)

All dialects are charming. I'm more the urban type of person. I like Salzburg very much, which I consider the most elegant city of Austria in terms of "flair" and its predominantly baroque architecture is in complete harmony with the landscape and the Salzach river.

I of course have a fondness for Innsbruck and Salzburg, living in between both of them.

When it comes to dialects, most Americans probably don’t know that Austria has a lot of different dialects, basically each of the 9 states having their own and you can easily tell by the dialect where the speaker is from.

And even in between, there are several different dialects in each valley.

I have some words that you, from Vienna, won’t even know and vice-versa … 😆

As over here in continental Europe culture of debate and discussion has completely vanished (lot's people became aggressive, a deep gap goes throug our society), I thought I could try a virtual place in the USA, the Land of the Free.
I think you'll find a similar gap exists here, unfortunately.

Regardless, welcome to the forum!

Du bist üwa 50, oda ?

Scho in da Pension ?

I bi erst 34, hob no a Zeidl zum arbeitn … 😋

Dei Englisch is eigndlich eh nit so schlecht, wo host es gelernt ?

Welcome to DP!

I of course have a fondness for Innsbruck and Salzburg, living in between both of them.

When it comes to dialects, most Americans probably don’t know that Austria has a lot of different dialects, basically each of the 9 states having their own and you can easily tell by the dialect where the speaker is from.

And even in between, there are several different dialects in each valley.

I have some words that you, from Vienna, won’t even know and vice-versa … 😆
Innsbruck is also one of my favorite cities in Austria. Yes, you have words, I never would understand and viceversa, and even here in Vienna you recognize the part of the city a person lives in by her or his dialect.

Du bist üwa 50, oda ?

Scho in da Pension ?

I bi erst 34, hob no a Zeidl zum arbeitn … 😋

Dei Englisch is eigndlich eh nit so schlecht, wo host es gelernt ?
Pension at 50?

Back
Top Bottom