• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from Austria (Vienna)

As over here in continental Europe culture of debate and discussion has completely vanished (lot's people became aggressive, a deep gap goes throug our society), I thought I could try a virtual place in the USA, the Land of the Free. Im not left and not right or conservative, I love a free society, that's all. 50+ and male. That should be enough for the first post. Glad to be here...

PS.: English is not my mother tongue, so hopefully you forgive some mistakes or clumsy expressions...

You might find this becomes an observation post for the extreme. Canada's wave of a Truck Convoy that had nothing to protest backfired on the evil right. After 21 days of their horseshit 57% of Canadians want the assholes jailed. Instead, the full force of Canadian law is taking away all their money & toys. Canadians have seen what they can do, the damage they can wreak and as long as prosecutions continue we so polite people will continue to put hockey ahead of politics, as long as they're behaved.

Du bist üwa 50, oda ?

Scho in da Pension ?

I bi erst 34, hob no a Zeidl zum arbeitn … 😋

Dei Englisch is eigndlich eh nit so schlecht, wo host es gelernt ?
Jo, üwa 50 (over 50). I am self-employed and actually I'm "crashing middle class" thank's to Corona. But this is another story. I learned English in Southern England, for I had/ have realtives there. And a very long timeago I spent sometime in Canada.

In Austria this might happen in special cases. Complicated issue.

Mostly if you are disabled, have a sickness or work accident.

But generally, 60 is the pension age for women and 65 for men.

You can apply a few years earlier already if you have 45 years in contributions, but get less pension as a result.

By 2035, women will also have to retire at 65.

Mostly if you are disabled, have a sickness or work accident.

But generally, 60 is the pension age for women and 65 for men.

You can apply a few years earlier already if you have 45 years in contributions, but get less pension as a result.

By 2035, women will also have to retire at 65.
Some public servants retired at that age because state-owned institutions or enterprises were privatized or half-privatized and the new managements cut costs of labor.

As over here in continental Europe culture of debate and discussion has completely vanished (lot's people became aggressive, a deep gap goes throug our society), I thought I could try a virtual place in the USA, the Land of the Free. Im not left and not right or conservative, I love a free society, that's all. 50+ and male. That should be enough for the first post. Glad to be here...

PS.: English is not my mother tongue, so hopefully you forgive some mistakes or clumsy expressions...

Welcome to our forum.
I've been to your lovely country twice. Once to Innisbrook while on an EU tour, and another time we self-toured, and went by train from Prague to Vienna for a day trip.

Not left or right, but you identify yourself as a liberal.

Du bist üwa 50, oda ?

Scho in da Pension ?

I bi erst 34, hob no a Zeidl zum arbeitn … 😋

Dei Englisch is eigndlich eh nit so schlecht, wo host es gelernt ?
That's some interesting German. Wo haben sie die rechtschreibung gelernt? Ist es eine verscheidener dialekt?

Back
Top Bottom