• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hello from an American Soldier

Quid Pro Quo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hello, Greetings, Bienvenito!

Am new to the forums here, but loving it already. I've been in the Army since 1998, got out in 2002, and just got back in last November. Just returned from Iraq for medical reasons, and look to be going back sometime next fall.

So...with the brief biography stated, lemme say this: Finally! An intelligent place to share intelligent ideas with semi-intelligent people! Just kidding. Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks for the service to our country.:2wave:

Welcome, welcome.
Glad to have you.

Hi Quid Pro Quo. You probably aren't a native Kansan but your Ft. Riley location made me homesick anyway. I lived a lot of years just up the road at Salna. Bienvenidos from all us!

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks for your service to the country.

Beware the evil here!
That is all.

Like the others, thank you for your service and welcome to Debate Politics!

Thank you for serving our country. Politics aside, you are part of a noble profession.

If it's not to personal, may I ask, what was the medical trouble that sent you back? also, since this is a rare opprotunity for me to talk to someone from current millitary service, I'd like to ask other questions. Don't feel obligated to answer them, but, if you can, please do.

1) What do you do in the millitary?
2) Where are you stationed?
3) How old are you?
4) (obligatory question) do you support the war in Iraq?
5) (another obligatory question) What side of the political spectrum are you? are you a moderate? Liberal? Conservative? A moderate liberal with conservative views?
6) If you could have any job you wanted, besides one in the millitary, what would it be?

Answer all, or none, or some. Feel free.

I don't mind answering questions at all. The reason I was sent back is due to three tumors in my esophagus and lesions on my intestines. They are unsure what has caused them as I have no ulcers in my stomach, but have been having wicked heartburn. It isn't believed to be cancer, but the docs and I didn't want to take the chance...so I am back to get more tests and get treated.

On to your other questions:

1) What do you do in the millitary? I'm an 88m, Transportation Operations and Logistics. I drive a vehicle called a PLS.

2) Where are you stationed? My first enlistment (98-02) was at Fort Bragg, NC....I got back into the military last November and am stationed at Fort Riley, KS

3) How old are you? 26

4) (obligatory question) do you support the war in Iraq? Yes, I do. If you read my first post in the polls section under the thread "Bush is a war criminal", I lay out why I believe in the war in conjunction with things that I saw while over there.

5) (another obligatory question) What side of the political spectrum are you? are you a moderate? Liberal? Conservative? A moderate liberal with conservative views? I consider myself a moderate to conservative Republican.

6) If you could have any job you wanted, besides one in the millitary, what would it be? If I could have any job I wanted. Never really thought about it. I grew up in a very military family, though my father was out before I was old enough to understand. I just began classes using my GI Bill and am majoring in PoliSci, so maybe something in that field. Political Analyst...maybe try to run some campaigns. Hell, I wouldn't throw out running for an office one day myself.

Also, thank you...each of you for posting your thanks and support. I know we may not all agree on why we are there, but atleast we can respect our soldiers and their families while they endure such hardships.

cool, thanks for the answers. um. . . w00t. . . anyway, thanks again!

Welcome,

You're all heros in my book.

I'm a polisci major too, it's funny listening to someone like Hannity when he talks about his experiences as a poly sci major in a liberal dominated academia, because I know exactly what he's talking about, I mostly take his advice now and smile and nod my head politely, "whatever you say comrade just give me my A."

Last edited:
that's what I do when my mom talks. "yeah. yeah.". just smile and nod, and they'll always be happy.

Quid Pro Quo said:
Also, thank you...each of you for posting your thanks and support. I know we may not all agree on why we are there, but atleast we can respect our soldiers and their families while they endure such hardships.

Even if we disagree on the war, it is never too much to send a care package out once in a while to show support for those who are in the trenches. :)

Back
Top Bottom