• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello everybody

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I am a free market advocate. Despite all of the times I espouse nonaggression, I cannot consider myself a libertarian because the history of libertarianism began with anarcho-communism and it wasn't until Murray Rothbard, another anarchist, applied the free market to libertarianism. Because of this history, anarchists will continue flock to libertarian causes, no matter how counter intuitive or hypocritical their involvement is. While I am not an objectivist or even a fan of Ayn Rand's literature, I agree that even today, Libertarian candidates are merely seeking publicity and doing nothing proactive for free society.

I believe that if a free society that wants their right to life, liberty and property to be preserved, there must be an established democratic representative state with a constitution that legally protects these rights in the states jurisdiction.

Two things worth mentioning that I believe make me different from others who hold views similar to mine.

1) I reject the notion of intellectual property being used for things other than a record of attribution and a recorded documentation or possible copy of the developed product to be used in causes against fraud. Patents and Copyright are state licensed monopolies that dictate what others can and cannot do with property that a 3rd party supposedly owns and the infringing on one's intellectual property rights are severely draconian and costly on society. I also don't believe that patents and copyrights create wealth or encourage innovation.

2) In a country as big as ours, I support bottom-top federalism that gives a certain sovereignty to incorporated communities, cities, counties and states within the union.

I am also an apatheist; the existence of god or lack their off does not impact me at all and therefor I do not care to develop or express any religious or atheist or agnostic views than this one.

I'm pretty much your exact opposite. Welcome to Debate Politics! :kitty:

I am a free market advocate. Despite all of the times I espouse nonaggression, I cannot consider myself a libertarian because the history of libertarianism began with anarcho-communism and it wasn't until Murray Rothbard, another anarchist, applied the free market to libertarianism. Because of this history, anarchists will continue flock to libertarian causes, no matter how counter intuitive or hypocritical their involvement is. While I am not an objectivist or even a fan of Ayn Rand's literature, I agree that even today, Libertarian candidates are merely seeking publicity and doing nothing proactive for free society.

I believe that if a free society that wants their right to life, liberty and property to be preserved, there must be an established democratic representative state with a constitution that legally protects these rights in the states jurisdiction.

Two things worth mentioning that I believe make me different from others who hold views similar to mine.

1) I reject the notion of intellectual property being used for things other than a record of attribution and a recorded documentation or possible copy of the developed product to be used in causes against fraud. Patents and Copyright are state licensed monopolies that dictate what others can and cannot do with property that a 3rd party supposedly owns and the infringing on one's intellectual property rights are severely draconian and costly on society. I also don't believe that patents and copyrights create wealth or encourage innovation.

2) In a country as big as ours, I support bottom-top federalism that gives a certain sovereignty to incorporated communities, cities, counties and states within the union.

I am also an apatheist; the existence of god or lack their off does not impact me at all and therefor I do not care to develop or express any religious or atheist or agnostic views than this one.

The problem with your post is that you confuse French Libertarianism with the Austrian economic Libertarianism, as practiced in the US. They are 2 different ideologies entirely.

I'm do not believe I'm confused. Ludwig Von Mises is as much an anarchist and a libertarian as Ayn Rand was. Murray Rothbard on the other hand, was an anarchist and adhered to Austrian economics and it's because of him that Libertarianism has modernized itself as a theory compatible with a free market. The Libertarian party platform says, "where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual" to appease the anarchist roots of Libertarianism that still exists today.

Back
Top Bottom