• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello. Does anyone know why there is a flag of Canada on my profile? How is it removed/changed? TY!

Your Internet server is in Canada. The flag is a technological thing, not based on your actual location.

The same thing happens to me in reverse. I was told hope to change the info in my profile but darned if I recall how. I think it was Red who provided me the info.

The flag represents the IP address you are using. If you were using a German IP through a VPN, then you would have a German flag, even if you were physically located in Schenectady, NY, for example.

The flag represents the IP address you are using. If you were using a German IP through a VPN, then you would have a German flag, even if you were physically located in Schenectady, NY, for example.
Red l recall you explaining that to me but I think you also helped me with how to supress the flag.

I grew up in Schenectady!!!

I turned on my VPN that's built into my browser (Opera GX) lately and it had a Ukraine flag here. And my Ip is not in Ukraine, so I think that you are mistaken?

I turned on my VPN that's built into my browser (Opera GX) lately and it had a Ukraine flag here. And my Ip is not in Ukraine, so I think that you are mistaken?
No, I am not. There is a master table that reflects where each IP resides. This table is not 100% up-to-date. I was at work in SWFL but my mobile IP reflected that I was in Puerto Rico for the longest time. The table hadn't been updated, so the table, and this the flag, was wrong.

I was recently in Indiana for my youngest daughter's wedding. While at my dad's house, his IP address was coming up as Chicago, even though he was 150 miles away. Comcast had purchased another ISP and their IP's still reflected Chicago in the table. Eventually, this will get straightened out. It is out of our hands as we have nothing to do with the table being updated.

No, I am not. There is a master table that reflects where each IP resides. This table is not 100% up-to-date. I was at work in SWFL but my mobile IP reflected that I was in Puerto Rico for the longest time. The table hadn't been updated, so the table, and this the flag, was wrong.

I was recently in Indiana for my youngest daughter's wedding. While at my dad's house, his IP address was coming up as Chicago, even though he was 150 miles away. Comcast had purchased another ISP and their IP's still reflected Chicago in the table. Eventually, this will get straightened out. It is out of our hands as we have nothing to do with the table being updated.
Ok, I stand corrected thanks. And gratz btw.

Back
Top Bottom