• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello all...

Whovian

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just thougth I'd introduce myself. I'm in the Philadelphia area, and currently a registered Republican (after a lifetime as an Independent).

I consider myself a fiscal conservative, and mildly socially liberal. I'm ok with certain social programs, as long as the funding is there and it doesn't wreak havoc with the deficit and debt.

I left my last board because I wasn't happy with the tone of most of the conversations. This one had the most active members of the ones I looked at, so I thought the conversations might be more interesting and diverse.

I am not supportive of President Obama or many of his policies. you'll see that in my posts. However, I am not so partisdan as to say everything the Democrats do is bad, and everything the GOP does is great. Also, I don't look to Rush, Beck, Hannity or whomever to 'get' my opinion on an issue. I research (liberal leaning and conservative leaning sites, any and all major news outlets) and decide for myself.

Welcome. :peace

Welcome good sir. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Welcome, and see you on the battle field. :sword:

Welcome aboard. Enjoy!

Hate to use your thread to say Good-Bye, but Good-Bye.

I have really enjoyed some of you from multiple political stripes, but I've given up on this system.

I just don't think America can hold up any more. I think it's over. I think that this system can't have a middle any more. I consider myself a part of the middle - granted, coming to it from the left - but, the middle is now shut out.

I'm done. I'm done with politics. I'll still vote. I have every election since I was allowed. But I can't stand the anger any more. It's foolish, misdirected, and I'm just done.

I hope you all have great lives. Regardless of who wins office over the next few years. I just want normalcy. The closest thing I can do to achieve it, though, is to stop debating politics.

Again, best to you.

But I'm done.

Cheers,
Brian

Hate to use your thread to say Good-Bye, but Good-Bye.

I have really enjoyed some of you from multiple political stripes, but I've given up on this system.

I just don't think America can hold up any more. I think it's over. I think that this system can't have a middle any more. I consider myself a part of the middle - granted, coming to it from the left - but, the middle is now shut out.

I'm done. I'm done with politics. I'll still vote. I have every election since I was allowed. But I can't stand the anger any more. It's foolish, misdirected, and I'm just done.

I hope you all have great lives. Regardless of who wins office over the next few years. I just want normalcy. The closest thing I can do to achieve it, though, is to stop debating politics.

Again, best to you.

But I'm done.

Cheers,
Brian

I suggest you take a break, instead of outright leaving.

It can be overwhelming sometimes, with all the information and conflicts in ideas, but largely the middle is what decides, what happens.

[Hey this is sad news, what do you mean , you are really giving up on any changes being made to better the lives of the ordinary people,???? Are you telling us you are ready to let the Super Rich and those running the Power Machines dictate our lives and drive us down a road that leads to Poverty and worse ,even Suicide for some of the weaker ones who can't bare the Pain or Shame of not being able to feed, house and take decent care of their families and themselves ????
OOH NO !!! Please hang in there and believe a change will come when the people decide they are tired of going hungry, sick and homeless, and also tired of watching the Fat Cats and Crooks, Stealing the Tax-
Payer Money as they get big taxs breaks, bail-out ect. etc. After robbing the people and sending their Jobs to Foreign Lands, They then run with the money to any place and where ever they can hide it, Taxs Free, Duty Free and the beat goes on...
OOH YES !!! The Middle Class and Ordinary People have got to suffer some more, cry some more, plead some more, before they will rise up against these Wall Street Gangsters and stop the Greed... that will be the day when the Partisan in Washington will stop the bickering and DO SOMETHING !!!!
It want matter if you are Democrats or Republicans, All Hungry stomachs feel the same way.... Let the belly cry a bit and you will see the CHANGE that Obama is singing about!!! Believe it, a CHANGE WILL COME !!!

QUOTE=FilmFestGuy;1059024617]Hate to use your thread to say Good-Bye, but Good-Bye.

Again, best to you.

But I'm done.

Cheers,
Brian[/QUOTE]

Welcome to DP.

Back
Top Bottom