• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello all

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What to say about myself... My screen name is kinda weird, I know lol It reflects my interest in the supernatural/occult stuff, and in horror movies, especially slashers.

I am from Richmond, British Columbia, in Canada. Been here since Christmas of 2002, since Grade 8, went to high school and college here.

Before that, grew up in Moscow, in Russia. My mom is Russian and Moscow native. Dad is originally from Ukraine (ethnic Ukrainian from Crimea, to be exact). After 2014, and all the brouhaha with Crimea and such, I have relatives on both sides of my family who are bitterly split on it all... You may be surprised, but it is actually my father's family (many of them ex-Soviet military, mostly Navy) who SUPPORT Crimea returning to Russia. Mom's relations, mostly Russian liberals and opposition supporters, who hate Putin, do NOT, at all :D

I myself don't really know where I stand on the issue. I've never even been there, Crimea, except once, when I was 4 years old, we went down to Yalta to visit my paternal grandparents (grandpa is dead now, grandma is still around and still lives over there). I was almost a baby, barely remember any of it...

What else... I am not exactly sure what I am, politically. Labels like "liberal" or "conservative" don't really describe me. I do support the right of all people to marry those they love and whatnot, regardless of gender or orientation (which makes me somewhat a pariah among my Russian relatives... lol); and also the right of women to abortion services when they need it. I don't know if I like undocumented immigration, as I feel such immigrants jump unfairly ahead of those like my family, who go through the proper channels. I remember the hoops we had to jump through, to come to Canada.

It's wrong that some can just walk across the border from US and be put up in hotels for free, as happens now... But, then again, I suppose some people are in situations in their life where they don't have time to properly file paperwork and wait for approval. I don't think it's a question of money, those who can afford to pay thousands of dollars to traffickers and smugglers to covertly get them across a border can also afford a plane ticket, no?

But, again, not sure...

Anyway, what else? I like hockey (more watching on TV than playing myself haha), all kinds of loud music (again, more listening than performing myself, though I am not so bad with the guitar, actually, even, for a time, joined a band in high school :D), and I collect exotic blade weapons (I have a Japanese katana sword; a cane from China which has a hidden blade in it; and lots of cool knives, most of them collected by my dad before me).

Anything else you want to know about me, ask. :)

Thanks for having me.

What to say about myself... My screen name is kinda weird, I know lol It reflects my interest in the supernatural/occult stuff, and in horror movies, especially slashers.

I am from Richmond, British Columbia, in Canada. Been here since Christmas of 2002, since Grade 8, went to high school and college here.

Before that, grew up in Moscow, in Russia. My mom is Russian and Moscow native. Dad is originally from Ukraine (ethnic Ukrainian from Crimea, to be exact). After 2014, and all the brouhaha with Crimea and such, I have relatives on both sides of my family who are bitterly split on it all... You may be surprised, but it is actually my father's family (many of them ex-Soviet military, mostly Navy) who SUPPORT Crimea returning to Russia. Mom's relations, mostly Russian liberals and opposition supporters, who hate Putin, do NOT, at all :D

I myself don't really know where I stand on the issue. I've never even been there, Crimea, except once, when I was 4 years old, we went down to Yalta to visit my paternal grandparents (grandpa is dead now, grandma is still around and still lives over there). I was almost a baby, barely remember any of it...

What else... I am not exactly sure what I am, politically. Labels like "liberal" or "conservative" don't really describe me. I do support the right of all people to marry those they love and whatnot, regardless of gender or orientation (which makes me somewhat a pariah among my Russian relatives... lol); and also the right of women to abortion services when they need it. I don't know if I like undocumented immigration, as I feel such immigrants jump unfairly ahead of those like my family, who go through the proper channels. I remember the hoops we had to jump through, to come to Canada.

It's wrong that some can just walk across the border from US and be put up in hotels for free, as happens now... But, then again, I suppose some people are in situations in their life where they don't have time to properly file paperwork and wait for approval. I don't think it's a question of money, those who can afford to pay thousands of dollars to traffickers and smugglers to covertly get them across a border can also afford a plane ticket, no?

But, again, not sure...

Anyway, what else? I like hockey (more watching on TV than playing myself haha), all kinds of loud music (again, more listening than performing myself, though I am not so bad with the guitar, actually, even, for a time, joined a band in high school :D), and I collect exotic blade weapons (I have a Japanese katana sword; a cane from China which has a hidden blade in it; and lots of cool knives, most of them collected by my dad before me).

Anything else you want to know about me, ask. :)

Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the group! Always nice to have new folks around. Also, it's very nice of you to take the time to really introduce yourself. You'll forgive if we don't all do the same in this thread as we've made ourselves reasonably known through thousands of other posts and you won't be able to hang our long without learning more.

Sounds like you've got a very interesting mix of people and places in your background. I'll be interested to read your input. It's also helpful that you don't pick a label for yourself. You'll find it makes it easier to avoid the partisan stuff that can overwhelm sometimes.

Pick a topic and dive right in! Shy doesn't do you any good here :) Welcome again

Welcome aboard DarkSpirit2019 :peace

Lemme just get this right out of the way so I never have to post it again going forward...Eat me! Hi folks, interesting times were in. I never understood how in history people would fight brother against brother, father against son...until now. Damn shame we just can’t talk, so that’s why I’m here, talk, and blow off some steam.

dang, i feel like i was too lazy with my intro now lol

looking forward to seeing you around the forums

Back
Top Bottom