• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hell just froze over and pigs a flying.

Da Mole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Both CNN and MSNBC are actually ripping Biden a new one concerning his dumbass moves in Afghanistan. Doesn't matter though as he will continue to get all the support he needs right here.

Both CNN and MSNBC are actually ripping Biden a new one concerning his dumbass moves in Afghanistan. Doesn't matter though as he will continue to get all the support he needs right here.
Perhaps this is part of Nancy's plan. Perhaps she thinks now is a good time to move Biden out of the WH.

24/7's "news" is entertainment television. Pay attention to it at your own peril. I enjoy it for .....entertainment.....other than that....not so much regardless of whether its Faux, CNN or MSNBC

Oh my God, not...............Kammy? Ahhhhhhhhhhh........:eek::poop:o_O😡

Unlike Trumpist Cultists, many people who are more liberal minded are more able to criticize people on their own side.
Because we don't work from the totalitarian playbook in which the Dear Leader is always right.

Or, maybe, Trumpist media lied to Trumpists about what "liberal" media allegedly says and does, and Trumpists who wanted to make Master proud made up their own lies as supplement.

Maybe that.

I know it won't occur to any of them, or if it does they'll instead pretend to be pleasantly surprised. But yeah... we knew they were lying all along. It was as we said: they, like all media, are biased in a particular direction.

Not fake news, which is apparently what Trumpists get.

So Trump lied when he called the media fake news and the enemy of the people?

Unlike the ongoing border mess, this will likely be a short lived disaster. They need to show some ‘breaking news’ even if it is bad. They will soon be back to their far left cheerleading as the huge omnibus spending bills make their way through congress.

In fact, this is yet another example of the 4th estate and the Congress being totally missing in action for most of the years of the Afghani conflict.

This Civil War became known as "the forgotten war" here in this country and that is what it is most of the time....forgotten....utterly forgotten.
- why wasn't the 4th estate offering more coverage of what was going on while Afghani government officials pocketed large amounts of greenbacks
- why wasn't there an honest rendering of how many Afghani Army were actually being trained. I suspect we are going to find that the number falls far short of 300,000
- why was there no coverage of congressional hearings. Worse was there only occasional Congressional interest in reviewing the circumstances? Did they pull their usual bullshit of looking like they were interested when they were not actually interested?

I know where the 24/7's went. No dog pile on the carpet angle that they could easily identify. As for the rest of journalism, no idea where they were on this.

Congress is the same story and has been for virtually all of this century. If it generates sound bit sized political advertising, they are into it. If not.....NOT SO MUCH!

By next month, voters will have forgotten all about this.

Unless the Taliban starts doing really stupid things.

Come on man! The left lied to the people on Trump/Russian collusion, on the Meuller report, on the Steele Dossier, on the Ukrainian claims, on the Kavanaugh claims, on who started the "kids in cages" at the border. The left isn't honest by any stretch of the imagination.
Even now the criticism of Biden and the botched withdrawal of Afghanistan isn't honest. The border, the rising inflation, the vaccine and covid cases, all have been misrepresented by the left and the left media have largely ignored it.

Unlike Trumpist Cultists, many people who are more liberal minded are more able to criticize people on their own side.
Either that or someone in an upstairs office finally realized that they've been facilitating this for the past 5 years and decided to throw a Hail Mary in hope that their dwindling viewership doesn't completely abandon them.

Either that or someone in an upstairs office finally realized that they've been facilitating this for the past 5 years and decided to throw a Hail Mary in hope that their dwindling viewership doesn't completely abandon them.

Considering you sympathize with the lynching of lawmakers in support of a wannabe dictator, I wouldn't think you talking about facilitating things in the past 5 years would be a subject you want to bring up.

GOP quietly removes webpage praising Trump's "historic deal" with the Taliban.

Yes, he got the hot potato that is known as pulling out of Afghanistan dropped in his lap. He'll get the blame but anyone with two cents knows Biden has nothing to do with the cluster known as Afghanistan. That disaster was sealed the moment we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan was put on the backburner and forgotten.

Considering you sympathize with the lynching of lawmakers in support of a wannabe dictator, I wouldn't think you talking about facilitating things in the past 5 years would be a subject you want to bring up.
Continuing to spread lies about what I have said about 1/6 may not be the best way to engage in meaningful conversation but it does serve well to distract from the topic of the thread. I mean, when all else fails, get personal, right?

I guess the honeymoon's over.

Posting this recently-deleted page from the GOP should be enough to get their viewership:

GOPtalibanpage.jpg

How is this possible? Trump is automatically the victim not sleepy Joe.

How is this possible? Trump is automatically the victim not sleepy Joe.
Trump isn't a victim. Trump leaves victims strewn in his wake.

There is no good way to end this 20 debacle.

Posting this recently-deleted page from the GOP should be enough to get their viewership:
Probably. Lots of people just want their political ideology to be validated. I might note, however, that the document you post cites certain contingencies upon which the withdrawal of troops will be made. Biden didn't follow those guidelines or hold off withdrawal until those contingent steps were met. He abandoned Bagram Air Base in the dead of night without even telling the Afghans thus sending a loud and clear message to the ANA and the Afghan government that they were on their own. The "deal" didn't matter because the US didn't care enough to bother enforcing it, was the message that Biden sent. Now we see the results.

Back
Top Bottom