• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Height Preference?[W:43]

What Height Do You Prefer?

• 4'11" or Less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5' - 5'5"

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 5'5" - 6'

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 6' or More

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No Preference

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Does anyone here have a preference in the height of their partners? I personally prefer girls who around 6' or taller.

Re: Height Preference?

Does anyone here have a preference in the height of their partners? I personally prefer girls who around 6' or taller.

Are you under 5'10" tall? It's been my very unscientific observation that shorter-than-average men like tall gals.

Are you under 5'10" tall? It's been my very unscientific observation that shorter-than-average men like tall gals.

No I'm close to 6'3".

She better be short, that way I can overpower her.

I'm partial to petite women myself. However, I don't mind the slightly larger (5'7" to 5'10") variety either. I feel less liable to break them by accident. :mrgreen:

I'd frankly be kind of frightened by a woman who was my height (6'1") or taller. That'd very likely be more woman than I could handle. lol

Last edited:

My wife is a couple inches shorter than me so that works well for me. We are in the ballpark whether she is wearing heels or not. Now one of my brothers is around 6'7" and his wife is around 5' 5" or so. They make an awkward looking couple when standing together when she is looking up at him with her head tilted all the way back. Even more ironic is that among their kids, the daughter got all the height and the boys are shorter than average, so she is taller than them and she is also the youngest.

What difference does height/weight make unless you are most concerned about the genetic engineering of your potential offspring. What I look for (and found) was a caring individual, reasonably intelligent that has the same, or reasonably close, attitudes about our future and life together. You will both grow, both emotionally and spiritually, as you age. Physical attributes will fade (often rapidly) in importance over time. It is best to be sure that you share common goals and interests - not merely be physically attracted to each other. Finding a better looking partner (later in life) is very likely for both of you. If physical appearance was the primary basis for the "hook up" then you both were not ready for the "long haul" in the first place.

What difference does height/weight make unless you are most concerned about the genetic engineering of your potential offspring. What I look for (and found) was a caring individual, reasonably intelligent that has the same, or reasonably close, attitudes about our future and life together. You will both grow, both emotionally and spiritually, as you age. Physical attributes will fade (often rapidly) in importance over time. It is best to be sure that you share common goals and interests - not merely be physically attracted to each other. Finding a better looking partner (later in life) is very likely for both of you. If physical appearance was the primary basis for the "hook up" then you both were not ready for the "long haul" in the first place.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh, what?

I'm 5'6" and prefer taller men. :shrug:

Your kinda short.

And "you're " kinda not.

So what.

I'm actually closer to 5'7", but I didn't feel like being persnickety.

What I lack in height, I make up for in attitude.

And "you're " kinda not.

So what.

I'm actually closer to 5'7", but I didn't feel like being persnickety.

What I lack in height, I make up for in attitude.

Your the reason no one can make a doorway the right height in North America or ceilings for that matter.

Your the reason no one can make a doorway the right height in North America or ceilings for that matter.

Well goddamn.. I didn't realize I was a ****ing midget. :roll:

Actually being that I've been sort of dabbling in dating again,... I've noticed that men under 5'8" have a complex. Now they won't admit having one, but they seem to be unusually aggressive toward virtually everyone, besides me anyway. Cashiers, waitpersons, cars/drivers, even the stories they tell about their lives are full of truly ridiculous bravado of the mean and "I'm better than him/them" attitude.

As for concern about general physicality, I care in that an obese person for example shows no respect for themselves, imo. People like the men mentioned above, have no respect for anyone except themselves, even though it's pretty clearly rooted in height insecurity. So I typically will no longer consider dating anyone under 5"8" nor obese. Plump, glasses, bald, none of that is an issue, but those traits that can either be directly determined a lack of respect for himself or others in such a way as to be obviously chronic and not situational.... yeah, no more.

I can't pick a poll response cuz I am 5'11" but like my women 5'3" to 5'8." I also prefer them slender and height weight proportioned.

So 8 foot ceilings aren't high enough for you?

So 8 foot ceilings aren't high enough for you?

I prefer 9 foot with 8 foot doorways, it also makes moving furniture must easier especially longer than normal beds.

Countries that are home to large numbers of big tall scary German-ish blonde people, in any case. :lol:

The Dutch are big tall scary German-ish brown-haired people.

You really are, I recommend always wearing high heels.

I recommend you stop before I mash your testicles with my stilettos.

Back
Top Bottom