• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Height Preference?[W:43]

What Height Do You Prefer?

• 4'11" or Less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5' - 5'5"

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 5'5" - 6'

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 6' or More

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No Preference

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Re: Height Preference?

I prefer 9 foot with 8 foot doorways, it also makes moving furniture must easier especially longer than normal beds.

Sorry but I have never had a problem moving furniture with 8ft ceilings and going after someone because of their size shows a lack of class.

I recommend you stop before I mash your testicles with my stilettos.

This another reason I don't like short women, they are incredibly violent when you point out their height. I'm going to stop now.

Sorry but I have never had a problem moving furniture with 8ft ceilings and going after someone because of their size shows a lack of class.

No one can take jokes around here.

I prefer short women.

Most of the women in my family are taller than average though.

Well, I'm 1.82m tall, that's about 6 feet... so I guess... the same or smaller? Most girls are around 5.5feet if I'm not mistaken. so that's ok.

I never really had a height preference... never really thought about it either.

This another reason I don't like short women, they are incredibly violent when you point out their height. I'm going to stop now.

Listen, you start a poll asking what a persons preference is, and then you go after someone because of their height?

A person has no control over what height they are.

They can, however, control how they treat others.

I'm 5'9". I like women as close to my height as possible, though a couple inches shorter is better than a couple inches taller.

The Dutch are big tall scary German-ish brown-haired people.
---------------

Well, yeah.....but the Dutch don't have a history of invading their neighbors.
The Dutch are all passive, tulip growing stoners..

---------------

Well, yeah.....but the Dutch don't have a history of invading their neighbors.
The Dutch are all passive, tulip growing stoners..

They like to buy their neighbours then get kicked out by guys with guns.

Actually being that I've been sort of dabbling in dating again,... I've noticed that men under 5'8" have a complex. Now they won't admit having one, but they seem to be unusually aggressive toward virtually everyone, besides me anyway. Cashiers, waitpersons, cars/drivers, even the stories they tell about their lives are full of truly ridiculous bravado of the mean and "I'm better than him/them" attitude.

As for concern about general physicality, I care in that an obese person for example shows no respect for themselves, imo. People like the men mentioned above, have no respect for anyone except themselves, even though it's pretty clearly rooted in height insecurity. So I typically will no longer consider dating anyone under 5"8" nor obese. Plump, glasses, bald, none of that is an issue, but those traits that can either be directly determined a lack of respect for himself or others in such a way as to be obviously chronic and not situational.... yeah, no more.

I am 59 years old, 5' 8" tall, 185 lbs., have a 32" waist/40" chest, long hair/beard, work construction and do not care what anyone, but my girlfreind, thinks of me for dating prospects. My girlfriend is 61 years old, 5' 3" tall, heavier than me and cares about/for me. We have lived together for over 6 years and love/respect each other. If you choose to limit your dating possibilities based on physical appearance alone then that is your choice (and likely your loss).

I am 59 years old, 5' 8" tall, 185 lbs., have a 32" waist/40" chest, long hair/beard, work construction and do not care what anyone, but my girlfreind, thinks of me for dating prospects. My girlfriend is 61 years old, 5' 3" tall, heavier than me and cares about/for me. We have lived together for over 6 years and love/respect each other. If you choose to limit your dating possibilities based on physical appearance alone then that is your choice (and likely your loss).
As usual you exaggerate what's been typed and conveniently excluded any reference to what doesn't fit into your exaggerations. I never said anything about basing my choices "on physical appearance alone" and simply explained that their are some limits that I've learned tend to have certain personality traits, and from what I'm reading in general on DP what you type, I'd likely judge you similarly to those under 5'9" I've met to date. You seem a bit hyper-macho to me, as evidenced if nowhere else, just in the fact that you intentionally misconstrued what I typed with a broad black/white POV that wasn't expressed in my post so you could rant about how cool you are.

Don't really care. I'm usually the tall one in the relationship being 5'9", so it would be interesting dating someone taller, but only for a bit.

I find around 3 to 6 inches taller to be the most comfortable and least prone to awkward mismatches in *ahem* physical situations.

Although I will say, if we're pretending for a moment that height is that important, I'd rather have a short guy than a super tall guy. I'm 5'4 and dated a guy who was 6'6. Super awkward at times.

Also dated a guy who was 5'3. Kinda weird to be taller than my man, but a lot more physically manageable.

Does anyone here have a preference in the height of their partners? I personally prefer girls who around 6' or taller.

I like my men built, but heightwise I typically go for guys who aren't too much taller then me. For some reason the height thing is a bit more intimidating if they're really hovering over me. I'm 5'4'' so right around 5'10'' would be perfect (gotta make a little room for heels) :cool:

Moderator's Warning:
Please stop with the personal comments and return to the topic.

As usual you exaggerate what's been typed and conveniently excluded any reference to what doesn't fit into your exaggerations. I never said anything about basing my choices "on physical appearance alone" and simply explained that their are some limits that I've learned tend to have certain personality traits, and from what I'm reading in general on DP what you type, I'd likely judge you similarly to those under 5'9" I've met to date. You seem a bit hyper-macho to me, as evidenced if nowhere else, just in the fact that you intentionally misconstrued what I typed with a broad black/white POV that wasn't expressed in my post so you could rant about how cool you are.

So, if I changed the words "you choose" in my post to "one chooses" would that unruffle your feathers any? I don't see what was macho or cool about my post but that is entirely your call as well. It is interesting that you cited anyone under 5' 8" as being a sign of insecurity yet say that physical attributes "alone" do not affect your choices.

It is also odd that you have now added an inch to your own 5' 8" minimum height standards- in the span of a single post, no less; was that to exclude macho/cool folks like me, to show your own "growing" insecurity or just a typo?

I find around 3 to 6 inches taller to be the most comfortable and least prone to awkward mismatches in *ahem* physical situations.

Although I will say, if we're pretending for a moment that height is that important, I'd rather have a short guy than a super tall guy. I'm 5'4 and dated a guy who was 6'6. Super awkward at times.

Also dated a guy who was 5'3. Kinda weird to be taller than my man, but a lot more physically manageable.

While on R&R in Germany (of course), I actually wound up with a girl who was roughly 5'11" on one occasion. She was very pretty, and we got on fine in all other regards, but I felt like I was in serious danger of being smothered alive when we tried certain positions. :lol:

Last edited:

While on R&R in Germany (of course), I actually wound up with a girl who was roughly 5'11" on one occasion. She was very pretty, and we got on fine, but I felt like I was in serious danger of being smothered alive when we tried certain positions. :lol:

Ah, but it's a great practice in empathy. Imagine how some little 5'2 woman feels. ;)

So, if I changed the words "you choose" in my post to "one chooses" would that unruffle your feathers any? I don't see what was macho or cool about my post but that is entirely your call as well. It is interesting that you cited anyone under 5' 8" as being a sign of insecurity yet say that physical attributes "alone" do not affect your choices.

It is also odd that you have now added an inch to your own 5' 8" minimum height standards- in the span of a single post, no less; was that to exclude macho/cool folks like me, to show your own "growing" insecurity or just a typo?
The first part, no, it is the "only" part that is a misrepresentation of what I said. I have no problem with being the target of the comment, just the misrepresentation of what I typed.
The 5'9" is simply a mis-type, but you're response to an inch says a lot.

The first part, no, it is the "only" part that is a misrepresentation of what I said. I have no problem with being the target of the comment, just the misrepresentation of what I typed.
The 5'9" is simply a mis-type, but you're response to an inch says a lot.

I've been told that size matters, but now I'm sure of it. ;)

I'm even shorter than you, and I never had a problem with any kind of sexual positions, except for maybe standing up ones. :lol: Of course, I've never gone out with a guy taller than around 6 feet. Wow Smoke, 6'6" - sounds like a basketball player. Did you have to reach up to hold his hand too? :2razz:

Actually being that I've been sort of dabbling in dating again,... I've noticed that men under 5'8" have a complex. Now they won't admit having one, but they seem to be unusually aggressive toward virtually everyone, besides me anyway. Cashiers, waitpersons, cars/drivers, even the stories they tell about their lives are full of truly ridiculous bravado of the mean and "I'm better than him/them" attitude.

As for concern about general physicality, I care in that an obese person for example shows no respect for themselves, imo. People like the men mentioned above, have no respect for anyone except themselves, even though it's pretty clearly rooted in height insecurity. So I typically will no longer consider dating anyone under 5"8" nor obese. Plump, glasses, bald, none of that is an issue, but those traits that can either be directly determined a lack of respect for himself or others in such a way as to be obviously chronic and not situational.... yeah, no more.

Wow! Sounds like you're the one with the bad attitude. Also, stereotyping all men below a certain height because you had some bad experiences? Good Lord! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom