• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heidi Cruz calls husband 'an immigrant,' campaign staff quickly retracts

Is he going to call his wife a liar now?

He'll find some way to make it sound like Trump did it. :mrgreen:

Another mess for the Cruz camp...

We've already got folks blaming Trump for protestors destroying private property and attacking the police; why wouldn't they blame Trump for Heidi Cruz accidentally spilling the beans on Ted Cruz?

This is one of the reasons I find Trump tards amusing. To them the guy who constantly flip flops is somehow telling it like it is, and telling the truth.But the guy who has been more consistent in his beliefs is somehow the liar.

Oh, you're talking about the guy who repeatedly proclaimed that once a candidate is mathematically eliminated they should drop out? :lamo

Last edited:
There is still enough delegates for him to possibly get more than Trump. So he is not mathematically eliminated yet.

Actually, no. But that's not the standard and you're talking like Lyin Ted now, moving those goalposts. Cruz would need near 100% of all the remaining delegates to pull ahead of Trump in the delegate count. We know that's a practical impossibility. And he is mathematically out of the race - which is and always been about reaching that 1,237 number.

Heck, even the unbound delegates he has weaseled his way into are now moving over to Trump little by little.

Actually, no. But that's not the standard and you're talking like Lyin Ted now, moving those goalposts. Cruz would need near 100% of all the remaining delegates to pull ahead of Trump in the delegate count. We know that's a practical impossibility. And he is mathematically out of the race - which is and always been about reaching that 1,237 number.

Heck, even the unbound delegates he has weaseled his way into are now moving over to Trump little by little.
It is still possible for Cruz to get more votes than dumb-ass cronyism flip-flopping liberal Donald even though the 1237 number is impossible for Cruz to reach. There is still 571 delegates left, meaning it is still possible for Cruz to get more votes than dumb-ass cronyism flip-flopping liberal Donald.

Last edited:
A non-politician, a loyal wife who's helping her husband, misspeaks and everyone immediately loses their minds. :roll:

It is still possible for Cruz to get more votes than dumb-ass cronyism flip-flopping liberal Donald even though the 1237 number is impossible for Cruz to reach. There is still 571 delegates left, meaning it is still possible for Cruz to get more votes than dumb-ass cronyism flip-flopping liberal Donald.

Actually, no, it's not. Trump already has more votes than any republican ever at this point in the process. But I see you're mixing up votes with delegate count. Again, Cruz would have to take near 100% of the remaining delegates to get more than Trump, a practical impossibility. And again, the standard isn't to get more delegates than the other fellow, it's to reach 1,237 (btw, that's the context Cruz was using when he made the statement) - that's impossible for Cruz. By his own metric, he should be dropping out.

Last edited:
A non-politician, a loyal wife who's helping her husband, misspeaks and everyone immediately loses their minds. :roll:

If Melania had done it the Cruz shippers would have been all over it. It's called a presidential political campaign.

I saw Ted Cruz on CNN this morning saying "Do you want to have a President who you would be embarrassed about"? It just reassured me exactly WHY I would never vote for Cruz. He would be a major embarrassment.

He was also saying that our country is not made up of angry and bigoted people....that's not who we are. It made me cringe hearing him say this because he is probably one of the most bigoted people to ever run for the Presidency.

It gave me a headache just listening to him.

My brain tells me that as a Democrat/Hillary supporter, I should be rooting for Ted Cruz to thwart Trumps efforts to get the nomination and for Cruz to get the nomination at a contested convention, because that would be the surest path to the whitehouse for Hillary. But just the thought or Cruz and Fiorina makes me throw up in my mouth and almost....almost makes GWB look appealing.

This is one of the reasons I find Trump tards amusing. To them the guy who constantly flip flops is somehow telling it like it is, and telling the truth.But the guy who has been more consistent in his beliefs is somehow the liar.

Yes....Lyin Desperate Cruz has been consistent.....consistent about lying. He gives the same exact talking points in every speech he gives and they are all consistently full of lies. The man is disgusting.

By that metric (anybody can win the nomination) then why was Cruz talking about anyone dropping out of the race? Poeple with 0 delegates and suspended their campaigns can still win it due to Convention shenanigans. Face it, Ted Cruz lied and you're moving the goalposts to justify his lies.

Even if he doesn't the name Donald will be in the explanation one way or another.

Did you mean to say votes?

and apparently its 'breaking news"

It is, and was reported by all the majors. Lyin Ted has to win Indiana, otherwise his lies and tricks are exposed to the degree that he won't even have a shot at a contested convention. So he's flailing and making huge errors. This is one of those. The timing couldn't be worse for him.

And here he makes yet another miscalculation in his desperate flailing:

Donald Trump supporter confronts Ted Cruz: We don't want you - CBS News

Last edited:
ef6e4151af715508b62107c39eec3438.jpg

Seriously though- nation of immigrants...

Not a fan of either liar the PUBs are running for President, but this doesn't toast anyone. He isn't a mexican immigrant, his daddy got special treatment for being a cuban. Trump can rant all he likes, Cruz is as eligible to run as he is. Cruz won't unify anything, neither will Orange guy... This is one train wreck the PUBs and Conservative radical ranters have only themselves to blame- Obama wouldn't be in the White House but for BushII and Hillary will be in the Oval Office thanks to these two nut jobs.... :2wave:

Not a fan of either liar the PUBs are running for President, but this doesn't toast anyone. He isn't a mexican immigrant, his daddy got special treatment for being a cuban. Trump can rant all he likes, Cruz is as eligible to run as he is. Cruz won't unify anything, neither will Orange guy... This is one train wreck the PUBs and Conservative radical ranters have only themselves to blame- Obama wouldn't be in the White House but for BushII and Hillary will be in the Oval Office thanks to these two nut jobs.... :2wave:

And none of that is the point at all. Heidi Cruz just managed, the day before a crucial election, to revive an anti-Cruz talking point strong among low information voters. "You see Bertha, even his wife let it slip".

Let's see, the guy doesn't even know what a basketball hoop is, gets put in his place by an Indiana Trump supporter in front of the press and all assembled, AND his wife outed him as an immigrant. All the week before folks go to vote.

Last edited:

The minute that Heidi Cruz decided to sit on the couch with her two baby girls and be used as a prop for her husband's campaign commercial, she became political. She's fair game.

Back
Top Bottom