• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heidi Cruz calls husband 'an immigrant,' campaign staff quickly retracts

So which version of Trump do you Trust? The one that was espousing liberal views when he wasn't running for president? The one who was espousing patriotic conservative views for primary votes? Or the Trump that will go back to his liberal views under the guise of being a moderate in hopes of getting the most votes in the general election? When Trump starts saying no he won't build a wall, won't crack down on outsourcing, that he is going to give a pathway to citizenship for all illegals and enact Reagan Amnesty II you are just going to tell yourself that he is only saying those things to get votes?

So you think Cruz went with Ted instead of Rafael?Is it because he was worried about racists not voting for him because of a Hispanic,Jewish,French,Italian or some other foreign sounding name? Kind of hard stretch seeing how Cruz is a Hispanic or foreign sounding name itself. I know die hard anti-Obama tards used to say Barack HUSSEIN Obama jr., Hussein Obama, or just Hussein trying to infer he is a Muslim or related to Saddam Hussein.

Ted is a nickname for Edward.Many people go by their middle names and nick names.

Like it or not (and we both don't), those tards exist. And in the GOP, which has a large block of voters that are dead set against illegal aliens, they exist in numbers. If you really think Cruz chose to use his middle name just for the heck of it, really, there's no talking to you.

You're speculating on what Trump might do and thinking that's reliable when thus far you've been wrong about everything else Trump. How does that work again?

Like it or not (and we both don't), those tards exist. And in the GOP, which has a large block of voters that are dead set against illegal aliens, they exist in numbers. If you really think Cruz chose to use his middle name just for the heck of it, really, there's no talking to you.

You're speculating on what Trump might do and thinking that's reliable when thus far you've been wrong about everything else Trump. How does that work again?

Actually we've been pretty accurate about Trump. Where we've been inaccurate is in our assessment of the GOP primary electorate, to whom we gave more credit than, apparently, it deserved.

And I can't help but notice that you didn't answer his question. Tell me, do you support Amnesty? If not, then why do you support a candidate who does?

No, again, mathematically he'd need the same impossible percentage without Kasich being in the race. And "only"? That's pure LOL right there.
87-90 percent of the remaining votes is not impossible.

Nice scenario you cooked up. Too bad it's not at all accurate. But hey, got any numbers to back that up, or is it just another guess like the ones you've put forward thus far that have been proven wrong.

The poll results from various networks including Fox show Trump getting curb stomped in the general. Trump can't debate for ****.Sure the name calling might work in a primary debate, but it won't in the general debates.Sure Clinton is scandal ridden, so is Trump.The media will pretend that Clinton's scandals don't exist while jumping onto Trump for every little thing he said or allegedly did in the past. The only way Clinton's scandals would have mattered to the media if they honestly thought Sanders could win and wasn't only running to make Clinton look moderate.

This sort of silliness seems to be all the Rafael supporters have left.
So why are using Rafael? I know die hard anti-Obama tards used tor refer to Obama by his middle name or put his middle name in all caps to infer or imply that he was some sort of secret Muslim or related to a middle eastern dictator. Are you trying to infer or imply that Cruz is Hispanic,Italian or some other foreigner or maybe a famous artist?

Another page taken from Lyin ted. The answer is a solid NO. General election polls during the primary are unreliable. Primary polling during the primaries, are often reliable.
I get it.Election predictions only matter when it's results are convenient to you and don't matter when the results are inconvenient to you.

The poll results from various networks including Fox show Trump getting curb stomped in the general. Trump can't debate for ****.Sure the name calling might work in a primary debate, but it won't in the general debates.Sure Clinton is scandal ridden, so is Trump.The media will pretend that Clinton's scandals don't exist while jumping onto Trump for every little thing he said or allegedly did in the past. The only way Clinton's scandals would have mattered to the media if they honestly thought Sanders could win and wasn't only running to make Clinton look moderate.

Truth. Trump may (may, we'll see) be about to find out what it's like not to have the media entirely helping you out.

So why are using Rafael? I know die hard anti-Obama tards used tor refer to Obama by his middle name or put his middle name in all caps to infer or imply that he was some sort of secret Muslim or related to a middle eastern dictator. Are you trying to infer or imply that Cruz is Hispanic,Italian or some other foreigner or maybe a famous artist?

That's pretty much it. They think that to suggest that he's Hispanic is to insult him.

I get it.Election predictions only matter when it's results are convenient to you and don't matter when the results are inconvenient to you.

Polls are important indicators of The Will Of The People when Trump is in the lead.... and immaterial when he isn't.

87-90 percent of the remaining votes is not impossible.

Mathematically when something is so improbable, as this is, it is impossible. And once again, it's looking like he's not even going to take Indiana. If he doesn't take Indiana are you finally going to admit you're wrong? Because Lyin Ted is saying right now that even if he loses Indiana he still has a path.

And once again, as you well know, general election polling in the primary is unreliable. Always has been, always will be. You are so busy forecasting here that you keep forgetting your powers of prediction this time around are suffering a breakdown.

Because that's his real first name. Not the one he assumed.

No, that would be your way of doing things, as you've proven here. No one considers such polling reliable. Heck, most state that right out of the gate.

Last edited:
That's pretty much it. They think that to suggest that he's Hispanic is to insult him.

It wasn't the voters who changed his name - it was Cruz himself. Hmmm, are you suggesting he was embarrassed by his name? Or that he knew it would turn off a portion of the people's vote he was trying to capture?

It wasn't the voters who changed his name - it was Cruz himself. Hmmm, are you suggesting he was embarrassed by his name? Or that he knew it would turn off a portion of the people's vote he was trying to capture?

:shrug: he wanted to go by Ted, which is a shortening-variant of his middle name (Edward). My oldest son goes by his middle name as well. That you think you are effectively insulting him (switching from "lyin ted" to "Rafael") by calling him by his more Hispanic-sounding first name is more telling about you than him.

:shrug: he wanted to go by Ted, which is a shortening-variant of his middle name (Edward). My oldest son goes by his middle name as well. That you think you are effectively insulting him (switching from "lyin ted" to "Rafael") by calling him by his more Hispanic-sounding first name is more telling about you than him.

Nope, wrong again. I used his actual name to highlight for you that the guy you've been accusing of being someone other than what he says he is (Trump) is not the one using his middle name to appear to be someone he's not to a certain segment of voters. It's the guy you support doing that. But of course that doesn't bother you in the slightest.

It's difficult getting out of that corner you've painted yourself into.

A non-politician, a loyal wife who's helping her husband, misspeaks and everyone immediately loses their minds. :roll:

Exactly.... His wife may well be the only person on earth that personally knows Ted Cruz and doesn't hate him. Everyone should cut her some slack. Its bad enough to be married to such a walking personality disorder without the public scrutinizing her every word. :)

Nope, wrong again. I highlighted his actual name to highlight for you that the guy you've been accusing of being someone other than what he says he is (Trump) is not the one using his middle name to appear to be someone he's not to a certain segment of voters. It's the guy you support doing that.

The reason I say that Trump is a con man is because he is a con man. I can show you the policy positions, the switching, the switching back, etc.

Trying to argue that Cruz going by his middle name is the equivalent of that is moronic.

C'mon that's really a stretch considering that Cruz is unmistakably Hispanic while Rafael could indicate any of a number of ethnicities.

The reason I say that Trump is a con man is because he is a con man. I can show you the policy positions, the switching, the switching back, etc.

Trying to argue that Cruz going by his middle name is the equivalent of that is moronic.

Heh, we get, you get proven wrong again and again and it's someone else who is moronic. Cruz chose to use his middle name, the short derivation of it, because he triangulated it would be politically advantageous to do so. That is the sum total of the what and why of Cruz. He'll tell any lie, do any thing, ally himself with any force, to get elected. The problem for him is, people don't trust him.

He's a politician of the type we are very much trying to avoid this election.

C'mon that's really a stretch considering that Cruz is unmistakably Hispanic while Rafael could indicate any of a number of ethnicities.

Nonsense, it's pure political nail down the demographics. He's not going by Edward (which is his middle name), he chose to go by Ted. Why, because in the world of politicians Ted is a trusted name. Voters like voting for a Ted. It was a calculated and political choice.

Why in the world do people celebrate how smart their candidate is and then run for the hills at any suggestion their candidate made a smart political calcualation?

Heh, we get, you get proven wrong again and again and it's someone else who is moronic.

:shrug: I didn't anticipate $2bn in free media, nor that large numbers of GOP primary candidates would all stay in, and refuse to attack the front runner. Not anticipating two simultaneous black swans doesn't make one moronic, it means that one is using rational measurements. That being said, attempting to argue that Cruz going by his middle name is the same thing as Donald Trump's constant shifting on major political policies is, and remains, moronic.

Nonsense, it's pure political nail down the demographics. He's not going by Edward (which is his middle name), he chose to go by Ted. Why, because in the world of politicians Ted is a trusted name. Voters like voting for a Ted. It was a calculated and political choice.

Why in the world do people celebrate how smart their candidate is and then run for the hills at any suggestion their candidate made a smart political calcualation?

He's not my candidate. I'd vote for Clinton before I'd vote for Cruz and I'm not voting for Clinton. I took the comment about his name as an indication that you believe he's trying to hide his ethnicity which would be stupid on his part considering his surname and the fact that there probably isn't a person out there who doesn't know he's got Cuban blood.

Maybe Ted is a more trusted name. Dunno. I associate it with Ted Kennedy who I didn't particularly trust.

Last edited:
:shrug: I didn't anticipate $2bn in free media, nor that large numbers of GOP primary candidates would all stay in, and refuse to attack the front runner. Not anticipating two simultaneous black swans doesn't make one moronic, it means that one is using rational measurements. That being said, attempting to argue that Cruz going by his middle name is the same thing as Donald Trump's constant shifting on major political policies is, and remains, moronic.
Are you ready to cry bitter tears that every establishment candidate crashed and burned? The clues were all there with Cantor getting the boot and Boehnor being forced to resign, but the establishment folks just didn't get the memo.

Trump gets one thing correct

Ted is liar, in the first degree

What makes him so dangerous? He actually believes the lies that come out of his own mouth

Without a doubt, the most dangerous candidate out there, Republican or Democrat.

Oh I understand. We're now in the excuses phase. You didn't expect that Trump would out politic the politicians in the race and consistently steal their thunder. Keep stacking those excuses, you're going to need them.

He's not my candidate. I'd vote for Clinton before I'd vote for Cruz and I'm not voting for Clinton. I took the comment about his name as an indication that you believe he's trying to hide his ethnicity which would be stupid on his part considering his surname and the fact that there probably isn't a person out there who doesn't know he's got Cuban blood.

Maybe Ted is a more trusted name. Dunno. I associate it with Ted Kennedy who I didn't particularly trust.

Understood. Ted/Raphael is not dumb. He's a very canny calculating politician. He'd be right at home in the old timey smoke filled backrooms of Washington. I believe it was a bit like an actor choosing their stage name, trying to cover many bases. Ted is a trusted name, like Bob, people tend to trust the name right out of the gate. He wanted to avoid sounding too Hispanic while sounding Hispanic enough to capture that minority vote. That's a very real thing given the bent of his chosen party.

Once again, he's a cunning politician that has seemingly mastered political doublespeak. That's not a good thing in an outsider rules election. That's why he's been flipping around so hard on the being the outsider.

One would think his supporters would acknowledge that and say it is a sign of how good he is at the game of politics. But no, they take the silly stance of denying it and making excuses.

Oh I understand. We're now in the excuses phase.

:lol: no, we are in the assessments phase. High Impact Low Probability events happen :shrug:

You didn't expect that Trump would out politic the politicians in the race and consistently steal their thunder. Keep stacking those excuses, you're going to need them.

He didn't out-politic the politicians. The other politicians (stupidly) all stayed in the race and (suicidally) all attacked each other until his lead was well-cemented.

Besides which, the media chose him early as the GOP candidate, and gave him more of a boost than they have, perhaps, done for any other primary candidate, ever. :shrug: A conflation of unlikely turns gave us an unlikely result: Donald Trump, likely GOP Candidate for POTUS.

That being said, arguing that Ted Cruz going by his middle name is the equivalent to Donald Trump's numerous and continuous shifts on major policy issues is and remains moronic.

LOL, I'll have to remember that line, paraphrased, "Hey, the evidence I was rational and doing excellent analysis is that I was WRONG!" :lamo

LOL, I'll have to remember that line, paraphrased, "Hey, the evidence I was rational and doing excellent analysis is that I was WRONG!" :lamo
:shrug: when the information changes, I change my assessment. What do you do?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

:lol: no, we are in the assessments phase. High Impact Low Probability events happen :shrug:

He didn't out-politic the politicians. The other politicians (stupidly) all stayed in the race and (suicidally) all attacked each other until his lead was well-cemented.

Besides which, the media chose him early as the GOP candidate, and gave him more of a boost than they have, perhaps, done for any other primary candidate, ever. :shrug: A conflation of unlikely turns gave us an unlikely result: Donald Trump, likely GOP Candidate for POTUS.

That being said, arguing that Ted Cruz going by his middle name is the equivalent to Donald Trump's numerous and continuous shifts on major policy issues is and remains moronic.

You're right, changing your mind on an issue could be a sign of maturity, but trying to hide your heritage is basically just an empty political gesture.

:shrug: when the information changes, I change my assessment. What do you do?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I don't claim that i was wrong because i used the correct method of analysis.

Back
Top Bottom