• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Heaven and Hell

In countries that have converted to Christianity like Uganda, American evangelicals have had a major impact on their antigay laws and their pray-the-gay-away tactics....

Absolutely false. The Africans' anti-gay views are rooted in their own animist traditions.

Absolutely false. The Africans' anti-gay views are rooted in their own animist traditions.

So you've studies the history of the laws and who proposed them and how they got passed? Make up your mind!

You're off base again.

It's not gay bashing. If and when it's discussed in conservative churches it's identifying homosexual sex as being a sin.

As the Pope has noted, Christians obsessed with gay sex have abandoned the message of the gospel, which is about the joy of giving and prospect of becoming loving persons.

I've never seen a single post from you about helping the poor or condemning greed in our society. It's all about male/male sex. Fascinating. So your own posts condemn you, as is the way with purported Christians who simply will not accept what the gospel actually says.

As the Pope has noted, Christians obsessed with gay sex have abandoned the message of the gospel, which is about the joy of giving and prospect of becoming loving persons.

He lives in Europe, joaquin, and the idea that Christians have abandoned the Gospel is just more of your make-believe commentary.

I've never seen a single post from you about helping the poor or condemning greed in our society. It's all about male/male sex. Fascinating. So your own posts condemn you, as is the way with purported Christians who simply will not accept what the gospel actually says.

That's garbage. I don't need to post about it. I could tell you about all the years I spent helping the poor and homeless, with no salary or compensation, but then you wouldn't believe it anyway. So go make your self-serving little rants to mollify yourself, because apart from that they're meaningless.

The activities I have described have to do with culture, not laws, and that I have studied and observed in depth.

I know. So you admit you know nothing about the anti-gay laws of subsahara Africa. That's my point.

He lives in Europe, joaquin, and the idea that Christians have abandoned the Gospel is just more of your make-believe commentary.

That's garbage. I don't need to post about it. I could tell you about all the years I spent helping the poor and homeless, with no salary or compensation, but then you wouldn't believe it anyway. So go make your self-serving little rants to mollify yourself, because apart from that they're meaningless.

1. I don't believe you.

2. Even if you did, to use it as an excuse to bash gays is shameful. You don't get a free pass to judge some people just because you don't judge others.

I know. So you admit you know nothing about the anti-gay laws of subsahara Africa. That's my point.

That kind of harassing, dishonest reply is why you're now heading back to the ignore list. I said no such thing, and you're not interesting enough to be worth putting up with such dishonesty.

That kind of harassing, dishonest reply is why you're now heading back to the ignore list. I said no such thing, and you're not interesting enough to be worth putting up with such dishonesty.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! A progressive showed I made a boo boo"

1. I don't believe you.

2. Even if you did, to use it as an excuse to bash gays is shameful. You don't get a free pass to judge some people just because you don't judge others.

I don't bash gays, so get a new dog. That one doesn't hunt.

And by the way, are you judging?

I don't bash gays, so get a new dog. That one doesn't hunt.

And by the way, are you judging?

Oh dear this meme. Paul tells us not to judge anyone outside the church (since we have a duty to share with them the gospel) and Paul tells us we must judge those who claim to be Christians but who don't act like them (say, by judging those outside the church) because they harm the Christian witness. Paul says not even to eat with a greedy person who says he's a Christian.

Now, who's judging gays? Me or you?

Oh dear this meme. Paul tells us not to judge anyone outside the church (since we have a duty to share with them the gospel) and Paul tells us we must judge those who claim to be Christians but who don't act like them (say, by judging those outside the church) because they harm the Christian witness. Paul says not even to eat with a greedy person who says he's a Christian.

Now, who's judging gays? Me or you?

Nuts. The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to say and do nothing.

The Bible – Is it wrong to judge? « The Righter Report

It's a world of children. Some are just big enough to drive cars, own houses, and have kids of their own so yes, plenty of them believe it.

Matthew 18:[1] At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
[2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
[5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

So you've posted about your efforts to help the poor? Links?

Back
Top Bottom