• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The United Nations came into existence to vanquish Germany, as 26 nations jointly pledged in 1942 not to surrender to “savage and brutal forces seeking to subjugate the world.”

Three-quarters of a century later, the woman who would soon become President Trump’s pick to represent the United States at the United Nations cited the D-Day landings — a cornerstone of this unwavering Allied pledge and the basis of the Nazi defeat on the Western Front — to showcase the strength of German-American relations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...eight-us-german-relations-now-shes-headed-un/

I think Nikki Haley/Heather Nauert will be a big contrast in styles!

The United Nations came into existence to vanquish Germany, as 26 nations jointly pledged in 1942 not to surrender to “savage and brutal forces seeking to subjugate the world.”

Three-quarters of a century later, the woman who would soon become President Trump’s pick to represent the United States at the United Nations cited the D-Day landings — a cornerstone of this unwavering Allied pledge and the basis of the Nazi defeat on the Western Front — to showcase the strength of German-American relations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...eight-us-german-relations-now-shes-headed-un/

You put that in quotes like that were actual words. Nice misdirection.

Her Wiki bio cracked me up.

She is a former ABC News correspondent as well as a past news presenter on the Fox News program Fox & Friends.

News presenter on Fox & Friends. :lamo The show that wouldn't know "news" if it bit them in the ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Nauert

Trump does love TV personalities in important government positions...part of his hire the best strategy.

The actual quote:

“When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”

It was like someone b.s.-ing on a high school essay exam.

The actual quote:

“When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”

It was like someone b.s.-ing on a high school essay exam.

I guess going to war with another country is like having a strong relationship with them.

I can only quote what the "stable genius" once said:
“I hire the best people.”

She presents a visually appealing picture to the rest of the world. When you turn off the volume and listen/watch her speak, she has a presence about her:

Idiocracy in action.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!" - John Blutarsky

You put that in quotes like that were actual words. Nice misdirection.

I knew I couldn’t slip one past you! It was put in quotes because the passage was “quoted” from the article. I think they were “actual words.” Is there a staff opening you have your eye on?

She does her best work with the sound turned off. Long may that continue.

Last edited:
I knew I couldn’t slip one past you! It was put in quotes because the passage was “quoted” from the article. I think they were “actual words.” Is there a staff opening you have your eye on?
We have this feature, ya know

She looks like a unqualified Fox News Bimbo.......trump's idea of hiring only the "best"...I doubt she could find most countries on a map but looks good in heals ....What an embarrassment for the US to the rest of the world

Back
Top Bottom