• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heathenry at Sea

Progressives may be surprised to discover that diversity is not always a force for liberalism. For example, should liberals accept the diversity of other cultures that promote child marriages or female genital mutilation? Are your liberals values merely an expression of Western cultural imperialism?

Fear-mongering hyper-partisan manure. :roll:

Wanna try again?

I must have misread Leviticus.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Those rules were in force during the time of the Jews. We are not under Jewish law today but the unchanging God still sees homosexuality as being wrong

Really, the laws of the Old Testament are no longer in force? Some guy disagrees with you
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17–18)

Really, the laws of the Old Testament are no longer in force? Some guy disagrees with you
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17–18)

Do you think Jesus wants you to offer blood sacrifices on the altar according to OT Jewish law? I don't.

I must have misread Leviticus.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Those rules were in force during the time of the Jews. We are not under Jewish law today but the unchanging God still sees homosexuality as being wrong

Originally Posted by Somerville

Do you think Jesus wants you to offer blood sacrifices on the altar according to OT Jewish law? I don't.

I'm just providing words from the book you say you base your beliefs upon. Looks like you are one of those who likes to pick and choose which passages apply to you - your call.

I don't think Jesus wants me to do anything.

I'm just providing words from the book you say you base your beliefs upon. Looks like you are one of those who likes to pick and choose which passages apply to you - your call.

I don't think Jesus wants me to do anything.

Some people read words and struggle to comprehend them, like atheists and agnostics trying to interpret the Bible, for example, or leftists trying to interpret Trump's words.

Some people read words and struggle to comprehend them, like atheists and agnostics trying to interpret the Bible, for example, or leftists trying to interpret Trump's words.

So, you see no contradiction then between the passage I quoted and Galatians 3:10-14
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the things written in the book of the law.” 11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law; for “The one who is righteous will live by faith.” 12 But the law does not rest on faith; on the contrary, “Whoever does the works of the law[c] will live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Seeing your lean after I already stated it was leftist ideology causing it tells me you wouldn't understand.
So I am going to decline trying and explain it to you.
In other words you don't share their beliefs so it's degrading. Got it.
Maybe you should have paid attention to what was said, as you are clearly wrong. That would be something else that you apparently could not understand.

Thanx for the religious bigotry but society does not really need such people.
iLOL Your argument is nothing more than bigotry itself, and an argument that allows for the continued degradation of society. :shrug:

What a cool sounding religion....here I thought when Christians called me heathen it was an insult.

That I believe that heathens being allowed to practice onboard navel a ship is a further degradation of society. Duh!

Why do you ask who, instead of what?
Leftist ideology.

I doubt it can be stopped.

Regardless, you still created a straw man as I did not make such an argument.

You are proof of degradation of the american constitution, or rather degradation in the belief its clearly stated principles .

Maybe you should have paid attention to what was said, as you are clearly wrong. That would be something else that you apparently could not understand.

iLOL Your argument is nothing more than bigotry itself, and an argument that allows for the continued degradation of society. :shrug:
You haven't explained anything. Just mouthed some bigotry. Apparently you get to decide which religions are able to worship in the ships chapel. Americans serving their country certainly deserve to exorcise their religious beliefs except in your small mind.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You haven't explained anything. Just mouthed some bigotry. Apparently you get to decide which religions are able to worship in the ships chapel. Americans serving their country certainly deserve to exorcise their religious beliefs except in your small mind.
Wow! So lost.
Like I said; You would not understand.
Thanx for confirming.

Wow! So lost.
Like I said; You would not understand.
Thanx for confirming.

My pleasure. Always happy to point out bigotry and ignorance. Any time.

So, you see no contradiction then between the passage I quoted and Galatians 3:10-14

What passage? You should put all your details together in one post not only so I can properly answer them but also so others can properly understand what the discussion is all about.

My pleasure. Always happy to point out bigotry and ignorance. Any time.
iLOL As we were speaking of your bigotry and ignorance, no problem. Happy I was able to point it out to you.
Especially with all the absurd assumptions you made.

iLOL As we were speaking of your bigotry and ignorance, no problem. Happy I was able to point it out to you.
Especially with all the absurd assumptions you made.

Keep digging. Your bigotry and ignorance is quite amusing.

Keep digging. Your bigotry and ignorance is quite amusing.
Said you, the one who's bigotry and ignorance isn't amusing.
Go figure, huh?

You are proof of degradation of the american constitution, or rather degradation in the belief its clearly stated principles .

Wrong as usual you are.
Try again.

Said you, the one who's bigotry and ignorance isn't amusing.
Go figure, huh?

I'm not the one who thinks society is degrading because Americans are able to practice their religion while serving their country. Go figure.

I'm not the one who thinks society is degrading because Americans are able to practice their religion while serving their country. Go figure.

I do not care if that is what you think. Ask me, I will tell you.

It is literally a degradation of from one form to another as it is not acceptable in the prior. That you fail to understand that is the only problem here.

It is literally a degradation of from one form to another as it is not acceptable in the prior. That you fail to understand that is the only problem here.

What is not acceptable and by whom? Why do you think cryptic responses help your case?

What is not acceptable and by whom? Why do you think cryptic responses help your case?

So you again show you are unable to understand. Figures.
There is nothing cryptic in my answer.

What exactly is so hard to understand that it when from one form (of Society) where it was not acceptable, to another where it is?
What is so hared for you to understand about that literally being a degradation to form (of Society) that came before?

You can be in full agreement with that change, you can even claim the change is an upgrade, but it does not change the fact that it is a degradation from the prior form that existed as that is factually what it is to that form, a degradation.

So you again show you are unable to understand. Figures.
There is nothing cryptic in my answer.

What exactly is so hard to understand that it when from one form (of Society) where it was not acceptable, to another where it is?
What is so hared for you to understand about that literally being a degradation to form (of Society) that came before?

You can be in full agreement with that change, you can even claim the change is an upgrade, but it does not change the fact that it is a degradation from the prior form that existed as that is factually what it is to that form, a degradation.

[video=youtube;YIP6EwqMEoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP6EwqMEoE[video]
iLOL Thank you again for confirming your lack of understanding.

degradation

[...]

2a : decline to a low, destitute, or demoralized state shocked by the hopeless degradation of the "poor whites"— Edith Wharton Some houses are found spotless, others in a wretched degradation …— Paul Reyes

b : moral or intellectual decadence : degeneration educated him in the bestiality and degradation that war brings— Drew Middleton​

Failing to understand you seems pretty common, perhaps you should evaluate the reason.

[/B]
Failing to understand you seems pretty common, perhaps you should evaluate the reason.
Did you fail to understand what I was pointing out?

Back
Top Bottom