• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Heated exchanges after film canceled

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Source: PhillyBurbs.com

Police had to separate two war veterans after one grabbed the other by the neck Tuesday as tempers flared outside Abington's Baederwood Theater following the cancellation of a premiere showing of a film critical of Sen. John Kerry's anti-war testimony.

Frustrated by the theater's decision, several prospective viewers of "Stolen Honor, Wounds that Never Heal" got into shouting matches with opponents of the documentary.

Among them was Joanne Dalbey of Warrington. "My rights as an American were denied," she said. "Soldiers are dying for my right to choose what movie I want to see."

Dalbey was one of about 50 people who showed up at the theater on The Fairway. Some were there to get copies of the movie on DVD or videotape from filmmaker Carlton Sherwood, who was autographing them, and some were there to protest it. Others arrived unaware that the showing had been canceled.

Back
Top Bottom