• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Healthcare Catch-22

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
At a certain age the healthcare system becomes more prevalent in your life. I had been seeing a certain physician in one practice for about 20 years. My doctor retired and I was assigned another doctor in that practice. We seemed to hit it off. Before my next appointment, the practice dissolved and the announcement was clunky, at best. The replacement that I was assigned before, left the practice and I had to track him down on social media. He said that he was bound by an NDA, so he couldn’t talk about the break-up of the practice.

Fast forward to today. The doctor has emerged in a new office and is accepting new patients. I contacted the old office, seeking to have my records forwarded to the new office. There is a form that I had to fill out and hand deliver or fax to the records office. Who uses a fax anymore? I don’t have fax capabilities, so I imported the form to PDF, filled out and signed it. Trying to make an end run, i called the receiving practice to see if I sent them the document in an email, could they forward it via fax. I was informed that since the document included my name and birth date, they couldn’t receive it because HIPPA. Email isn’t “secure” but a fax that is printed on paper and will be lying around an office somewhere, is a secure communication. The missus took the document to the local library and faxed it………..🤷

At a certain age the healthcare system becomes more prevalent in your life. I had been seeing a certain physician in one practice for about 20 years. My doctor retired and I was assigned another doctor in that practice. We seemed to hit it off. Before my next appointment, the practice dissolved and the announcement was clunky, at best. The replacement that I was assigned before, left the practice and I had to track him down on social media. He said that he was bound by an NDA, so he couldn’t talk about the break-up of the practice.

Fast forward to today. The doctor has emerged in a new office and is accepting new patients. I contacted the old office, seeking to have my records forwarded to the new office. There is a form that I had to fill out and hand deliver or fax to the records office. Who uses a fax anymore? I don’t have fax capabilities, so I imported the form to PDF, filled out and signed it. Trying to make an end run, i called the receiving practice to see if I sent them the document in an email, could they forward it via fax. I was informed that since the document included my name and birth date, they couldn’t receive it because HIPPA. Email isn’t “secure” but a fax that is printed on paper and will be lying around an office somewhere, is a secure communication. The missus took the document to the local library and faxed it………..🤷
tff

Except when you have to deal with it...

Good luck

I've sent and received legal things through e-mail, but I guess HIPPA is a different animal. Bummer.

I vaguely remember being able to email to a fax machine, but that was years ago, on gmail, I think.

Back
Top Bottom