• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health: How Much Difference Does A Month Make?

About the same as 4.5 weeks. ;)

The problem is that much organ damage/failure is not reversible so the question should be how many months will go by before one decides that they are not eating (or exercising) correctly? One does not get to 461 pounds in a month.

Nearly everyone who loses a lot of weight quickly gains it back again. Losing a lot of weight slows the metabolism so that the body gains weight back even on a normal or below normal caloric intake.

That's an unfortunate truth.

THere was very recently a nice investigative journalism piece into the result of "the greatest loser",,,,they said that even after all of the expertise and learning that allegedly takes place, as well as success in losing the weight fast, that they gain all of it plus some back just like everyone else does (on average).

Which we dont understand, like at all, so why are we listening to anybody who claims to know what we should do?

Last edited:
THere was very recently a nice investigative journalism piece into the result of "the greatest loser",,,,they said that even after all of the expertise and learning that allegedly takes place, as well as success in losing the weight fast, that they gain all of it plus some back just like everyone else does (on average).

Which we dont understand, like at all, so why are we listening to anybody who claims to know what we should do?

No, we don't. There is no sure way to lose weight. I know lots of people who have ,but they gain it back. There must be some way to speed the metabolism back up, and, if you find it, let me patent it.

OK?

No, we don't. There is no sure way to lose weight. I know lots of people who have ,but they gain it back. There must be some way to speed the metabolism back up, and, if you find it, let me patent it.

OK?

THese new diabetes drugs that cost about $30 a day and dump blood sugar into your piss work great, I understand that all of the hollywood starlets are on them. And since dudes tend to act like women now I suspect that most of them are too.

THese new diabetes drugs that cost about $30 a day and dump blood sugar into your piss work great, I understand that all of the hollywood starlets are on them. And since dudes tend to act like women now I suspect that most of them are too.

I wonder what the side effects might be, especially when they're used for an unintended purpose?
Besides costing 900 bucks a month, that is.

Don't eat fast food. It's bad for you. Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't know this?

Me, I say if you like it eat it in moderation, and that they did not get to be so big and popular because they make food that people dont like.

Eat a around, eat what you like, everything in moderation, including fast food is you so desire.

This is a much more reasonable and evidence based conclusion that where you get to, which reminds me of religious fanaticism, of which I am not a fan.

Me, I say if you like it eat it in moderation, and that they did not get to be so big and popular because they make food that people dont like.

Eat a around, eat what you like, everything in moderation, including fast food is you so desire.

This is a much more reasonable and evidence based conclusion that where you get to, which reminds me of religious fanaticism, of which I am not a fan.

just eat whatever you feel like. sounds like a well thought plan

just eat whatever you feel like. sounds like a well thought plan

If I were a Christian I would say that I have faith that my God did not mismake me, that if it feels right it probably is right for me. I am Zen, which changes things some, but but not that much.

Moderation is always a good idea...but there are some things that even moderation isn't a cure for. For example, you shouldn't smoke...even in moderation. Same with most fast food.

Moderation is always a good idea...but there are some things that even moderation isn't a cure for. For example, you shouldn't smoke...even in moderation. Same with most fast food.

We were talking about food intake I thought, but yes, for instance I dont believe that we can murder our neighbors in moderation. Smoke? Maybe, they say that something like 20% can smoke all we want with no significant loss of lifespan, so I have to expect that there are a bunch more who can smoke in moderation. The problem at the moment is that we cant tell these people apart. Maybe I smoke in moderation and hope that I am one with the right genes to do it till then.

Back
Top Bottom