• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health Care Question

Nail on the head.

Here is you Bi-Partisan democrats.

Pelosi Aide: Health Care Summit a Trick, Strategy on Pro-Abortion Bill Decided

President Barack Obama has proposed a bipartisan health care summit for later this month that Republican detractors bill as a publicity stunt designed to generate more support for the flailing pro-abortion health care bill. Now, an aide to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi essentially admitted that's the case.

In comments reported by Congress Daily, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s top health care aide Wendell Primus admitted top Democrats have already decided on the strategy to pass the Senate's government-run health care bill that funds abortions and has other pro-abortion problems.

Primus explained that the Senate will use the controversial reconciliation strategy that will have the House approve the Senate bill and both the House and Senate okaying changes to the bill that the Senate will sign off on by preventing Republicans from filibustering.

“The trick in all of this is that the president would have to sign the Senate bill first, then the reconciliation bill second, and the reconciliation bill would trump the Senate bill,” Primus said at the National Health Policy Conference hosted by Academy Health and Health Affairs.

“There's a certain skill, there's a trick, but I think we'll get it done,” he said.

The horror story you won't hear because it's a stupid teabagger lie. You going to scream "death panels" too?

Let's keep this debate in reality.

When you have no response it is a teabagger lie. Sorry but I showed a op ed article about what happened. You can deny that there was Patient dumping but the fact do not support that.

This is what Obama care will give us. Patient dumping of the poor to sub standard facilities.

When you have no response it is a teabagger lie. Sorry but I showed a op ed article about what happened. You can deny that there was Patient dumping but the fact do not support that.

This is what Obama care will give us. Patient dumping of the poor to sub standard facilities.

You really have failed to make that connection.

You really have failed to make that connection.

You have failed to make the case that healthcare is a Federal Govt. responsibility and not an individual, local, or state responsibility? Seems MA has a healthcare program that covers all residents and just elected Scott Brown to the Senate when Brown ran on the platform of being the 41st vote against Obamacare.

You still seem to believe the Federal taxpayer should fund your healthcare. You are in the minority.

I already posted a link to the real program - from the source - not the teabagger lie. Just posting some goofy story from a lame source doesn't prove anything. Those are a dime a dozen.

Death panels!

Here is you Bi-Partisan democrats.

Democrats are supposed to be bi-partisan? How can one party be bi-partisan?

The Democrats are a large majority in the Senate. Why should they let a minority hold things back?

It's clear that the Republicans have been the ones unwilling to compromise or deal or even participate in this process, the whole time.

Last edited:
Whatever, it's not stealing it is taxes for services. Whether that is education or transportation or healthcare doesn't matter. They are community services.
It always matters, and education and transportation are also debateable.
The philosophy behind it is bunk.

1. It's removing personal responsibility from the system. Everyone knows you teach people how to fish, you don't just give them fish.
2. You are incentivizing laziness and following, and discincentivizing leadership and hard work. You are not only NOT teaching them how to fish, but when you hand them a free fish, you actually stole it frome someone who took the time and risk to go catch the GD fish in the first place.

Now in the case of healthcare, we have certain people who need care and cannot get it on the private market. These are the poor, the old and the sick. These people should receive community healthcare. It's a community service and everyone in the community should help pay.
Which community, again? Global? Race-based? Internet based? My neighborhood? My state, nation, peer group? It's arbitrary, and unecessary. I jointly pay for trash pickup, this is fine, it's relatively equally distributed and we all pay similar. See the difference?

I have yet to see a privately run insurance system that will pay for the poor, the old and the sick.
Health insurance is something you purchase, with money, that you earn. Why would you confuse it with something that grew on trees?

It always matters, and education and transportation are also debateable.
The philosophy behind it is bunk.

1. It's removing personal responsibility from the system. Everyone knows you teach people how to fish, you don't just give them fish.
2. You are incentivizing laziness and following, and discincentivizing leadership and hard work. You are not only NOT teaching them how to fish, but when you hand them a free fish, you actually stole it frome someone who took the time and risk to go catch the GD fish in the first place.

Which community, again? Global? Race-based? Internet based? My neighborhood? My state, nation, peer group? It's arbitrary, and unecessary. I jointly pay for trash pickup, this is fine, it's relatively equally distributed and we all pay similar. See the difference?

Health insurance is something you purchase, with money, that you earn. Why would you confuse it with something that grew on trees?

You are not proposing a viable solution. All you seem to have is your philosophy. That doesn't solve the problem of how we as a society provide care for the poor, the old and the sick. It is not a question of whether those people have "skin in the game". Aside from the poor who cannot pay, the others will pay something, although perhaps not the true cost of care. It will be subsidized.

Or are you really proposing that the poor, the old and the sick pay the full cost of their care?

I already posted a link to the real program - from the source - not the teabagger lie. Just posting some goofy story from a lame source doesn't prove anything. Those are a dime a dozen.

Death panels!

You did not show how the hospital was patient dumping you showed the law that allowed Michele to do that. I showed how it pissed people off.

Democrats are supposed to be bi-partisan? How can one party be bi-partisan?

The Democrats are a large majority in the Senate. Why should they let a minority hold things back?

It's clear that the Republicans have been the ones unwilling to compromise or deal or even participate in this process, the whole time.

You just showed justification for the partisan tactics of the democrats and condoning their not being Bi-Partisan.

You are not proposing a viable solution. All you seem to have is your philosophy. That doesn't solve the problem of how we as a society provide care for the poor, the old and the sick. It is not a question of whether those people have "skin in the game". Aside from the poor who cannot pay, the others will pay something, although perhaps not the true cost of care. It will be subsidized.

Or are you really proposing that the poor, the old and the sick pay the full cost of their care?

If I am not mistaken the old and the poor are covered by medicare and/ or medicade. So the real question is who are the uninsured and how do we fix that problem.

To the best of my knowledge no one has yet proposed cpmphrehensive and AFFORDABLE insurance for all. It seems that is why the public has not rallied around any proposal. None of the bills out there seem to give all Americans affordable health care.

If I am not mistaken the old and the poor are covered by medicare and/ or medicade. So the real question is who are the uninsured and how do we fix that problem.

To the best of my knowledge no one has yet proposed cpmphrehensive and AFFORDABLE insurance for all. It seems that is why the public has not rallied around any proposal. None of the bills out there seem to give all Americans affordable health care.

When I say sick, I mean those with pre-existing conditions that aren't insurable. My plan does not cover everyone. It is up to most people to get private insurance. I do cover the poor, the old and those with pre-existing conditions.

http://vawhigs.org/dp/County Cooperatives.pdf

Exactly because non of the bills have identified or even tried to identify the costs associated with healthcare. There is no way to lower healthcare costs until all costs are defined and then addressed. Some seem to simply believe adding millions more to the roles will lower costs. That of course is totally illogical which of course is why govt. bureaucrats are pushing their program.

You did not show how the hospital was patient dumping you showed the law that allowed Michele to do that. I showed how it pissed people off.

No, I showed how the program actually works, which isn't patient-dumping. It's designed to alleviate the need for patient-dumping, which lots of hospitals do. The fact that you don't understand it doesn't change that.

You just showed justification for the partisan tactics of the democrats and condoning their not being Bi-Partisan.

Uh, no.

Have the Republicans been bipartisan on this?

No, I showed how the program actually works, which isn't patient-dumping. It's designed to alleviate the need for patient-dumping, which lots of hospitals do. The fact that you don't understand it doesn't change that.

The fact is Obama found a way to dump the poor on others because she wanted her beds for paying customers. Obama care will do the same. the poor will get substandard care and the Obama elitist will get the best care.

It is the same with Government care today. Those on medicaid get substandard care.

The fact is Obama found a way to dump the poor on others because she wanted her beds for paying customers.

Well, no, that's not a fact. It's a falsehood.

She didn't need to "find a way" to do it. Hospitals do this all the time. She found a way to avoid it.

No more teabagging.

Conservative, I just noticed something interesting about one of the points you keep making. I ignored your point before because it was nonsense, so never bothered to check and see if was even accurate.

Reread Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution carefully.

Conservative, I just noticed something interesting about one of the points you keep making. I ignored your point before because it was nonsense, so never bothered to check and see if was even accurate.

Reread Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution carefully.

You are going to have trouble getting the American people to believe that individual health care affects the General Welfare of the country. The people are speaking out now and you are in a minority.

Why do you have a problem with what MA is doing? Healthcare is an individual responsibility that the people of MA have decided they are willing to pay for it. They don't need the rest of the country paying for their healthcare. Liberals love passing on costs to others.

If you truly need help with your health insurance costs let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

So now you throw a Faux News story at me? One that says she' "accused" of it?

No. Just look at the program itself. I posted the link.

Sorry, no more teabagger lies.

So everyone is wrong except you and the Obama's. I can show more articles. It will not matter you will never admit the government and the Obama's do not care about the poor. I can tell you why they can not help them politically.

Whether you look at the hospital patient dumping or medicaid it is all the same Obama and the democrats do not care about the poor.

It will continue this way in the Obamacare bill.

Back
Top Bottom