• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health and Human Services spokesman warns of an armed insurrection after the election

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Health and Human Services spokesman Michael Caputo warns of armed insurrection after election

Only the best my friends! Only the best!

WASHINGTON — A top communications official for the administration’s coronavirus response urged President Donald Trump’s supporters to prepare for an armed insurrection after a contested election and accused government scientists of “sedition” in a Facebook Live chat that he described in detail to The Washington Post on Monday.

In the Facebook video, Caputo criticizes government career scientists, the media and Democrats, The Times reported and Caputo confirmed. He said that he was under attack by the media and that his "mental health has definitely failed."

"I don't like being alone in Washington," Caputo said in the video, describing "shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long."

Caputo also said the CDC, which is part of HHS, had a "resistance unit" that aimed to undermine Trump. Without offering any evidence, he also accused scientists "deep in the bowels of the CDC" of giving up on science and becoming "political animals."

They "haven't gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops" to plot "how they're going to attack Donald Trump next," he said in the video. "There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well, not until after Joe Biden is president."

He also predicted that Trump would win the election but that Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, would refuse to concede. "And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin," he warned in the video. "The drills that you've seen are nothing. If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it's going to be hard to get."

He's right. The **** is going to hit the fan if Trump is reelected.

tumblr_mjxz84yElm1qkfwf2o1_500.gif

Yeah, I've been saying it for quite awhile. If Trump wins, I fully expect retaliatory violence. I think the left is no longer reliably civil.I see it on the streets today. Look at the crowd chanting for the demise of two police. It's disgusting, so I fully expect a full scale dust up. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been saying it for quite awhile. If Trump wins, I fully expect retaliatory violence. I think the left is no longer reliably civil.I see it on the streets today. Look at the crowd chanting for the demise of two police. It's disgusting, so I fully expect a full scale dust up. Thanks!!

What we're seeing now, in military terms, is a reconnaissance in force .

i had to look that up. Interesting. I have had the sense for quite awhile that there's a faction - for lack of a better word - testing Americans on how much they will tolerate. So far, the faction has been able to ramp up. We'll have to see. Thanks!!

Right wing militias are stopping people in evacuation zones in California. Maybe the problem is on your end.

The “retaliatory violence” is far more likely to come from trump supporters, due simply to how ballots will be counted. On Election Day the in-person voting will be counted first. These will mostly be Republican votes and will show a Trump victory. But it will take weeks to count the mail-in ballots. 65% of these ballots will be for Biden, at which point you’ll slowly watch Trump’s lead shrink and then, ultimately, vanish. It is likely that Biden will be the winner.

Whatever connection to sanity Trump Supporters were holding on to will completely snap.

i had to look that up. Interesting. I have had the sense for quite awhile that there's a faction - for lack of a better word - testing Americans on how much they will tolerate. So far, the faction has been able to ramp up. We'll have to see. Thanks!!

It's also what Mao called a struggle session.

Struggle session - Wikipedia

Top HHS spokesman apologizes to staff for accusing government scientists of sedition - CNNPolitics

Well, that was quick.

Buh bye:

Caputo apologizes to HHS staff, signals desire for medical leave - POLITICO

Three people with knowledge of Caputo's decision-making confirmed that he was mulling stepping aside as the department’s assistant secretary for public affairs to take medical leave. One former HHS official told POLITICO that Caputo, a former Trump campaign official, has long complained of the stress caused by having been mentioned in the special counsel's investigation on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Right wing militias are stopping people in evacuation zones in California. Maybe the problem is on your end.

What are they doing that for?

I can't say about anyone here, but the growing rumble of violence against fellow Americans is a successful manipulation of Americans on social media who have bought into propaganda by enemies of our country. Remember that Russian, what's his face, who said he would take over the U.S. from within? WELL, THEY'VE DONE IT. WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

There are reasonable arguments on both sides for the many issues before us, from gun control to health care, immigration and government spending. We don't have to agree with each other, but the agitprop that has grown up around political differences has become irrational and increasingly violent. It does us no good.

There is no winning when the cause is imaginary. I cringe to see so many suckered into this garbage. The huge majority of folks in this country just want to get on with their lives, enjoy their families, have a decent job and live in peace. All this perpetual talk of street warfare does is corrode our ability to live in a free democracy where people live with electoral decisions and try to persuade others to come around to their point of view. CIVILLY.

Put down your AR's and your umbrellas and smell the coffee. Y'all are being played.

I think we're fighting the last of the confederates. 20 or 30 more years and the country will be totally different.

I think we're fighting the last of the confederates. 20 or 30 more years and the country will be totally different.

They're not confederates, at least not around here... There has been a tiny faction of super extremists in secret militias up here for years, and they hate our government. Has nothing to do with race, and just like their gr-gr-gr grandfathers grabbed their muskets and shot at their government, they're more than willing to do it to our current government. That tiny core group has been nurtured and encouraged by foreign enemies on social media, and all knds of nuts who have their own reasons for wanting to shoot people have joined in, but I've talked to some of these northern militiamen and they're dead serious, not kidding, and they're not old white cracker racists. They have teeth and everything, responsible jobs. And lots of guns.

That is if the leftists carry out the BrownShirt tactics that they've been threatening all along, you know, extortion with a dash of terrorism thrown in.
There's no reason to believe that they won't, given the escalation we've seen over the last few weeks / months.

Agreed. The escalations referred to above certainly would substantiate that to be a reasonable and legitimate assumption.

That is if the leftists carry out the BrownShirt tactics that they've been threatening all along, you know, extortion with a dash of terrorism thrown in.
There's no reason to believe that they won't, given the escalation we've seen over the last few weeks / months.

Agreed. The escalations referred to above certainly would substantiate that to be a reasonable and legitimate assumption.

They already are.

They know they’re done. I never in a million years believed they’d root on the deaths of 100’s of 1000’s of Americans just to try to keep power though.

They already are.

Yep.

I'm encouraged by the Detroit Chief of police and his performance.
He's allowed peaceful protests and peaceful demonstrations without impedance, as it should be, and has also enforced the law when crimes are committed.
I guess the 68-69 riots, and their results, haven't left collective memory yet.

As long as that stays that way, I'm a little more at ease.
But I've got my bug-out location reserved, and my bug-out gear. I can be there in a few hours drive.

The “retaliatory violence” is far more likely to come from trump supporters, due simply to how ballots will be counted. On Election Day the in-person voting will be counted first. These will mostly be Republican votes and will show a Trump victory. But it will take weeks to count the mail-in ballots. 65% of these ballots will be for Biden, at which point you’ll slowly watch Trump’s lead shrink and then, ultimately, vanish. It is likely that Biden will be the winner.

Whatever connection to sanity Trump Supporters were holding on to will completely snap.

I think it's quite the opposite, Cardinal. It's not Trump supporters that initiated the rioting. And I think you are grievously underestimating the amount of mail in ballots that will be utilized by Trump voters. Self preservation tends to be a potent motivator, and as a significant number of Trump supporters are older, I doubt they will be waiting in the voting line, anxious to contract a virus. However, they will vote. They tend to be adamant voters. So, I think you may be surprised at how many mail-in ballots will be sent this year. In all probability, those showing up at the voting booths will skew younger or middle aged, and will be more urban, because they are more "used to" crowds. That - in my view - puts your theory to the test.

I believe that the protesting and rioting is sociological, not really based on any specific political grievance, which is what makes it so unnerving. The racist issue is a meme. If it exists as "systematic," it's certainly overblown, and sexism is a far more obvious social AND economic barrier, to which there has been barely a mention. In fact, many of the ultra-left right on this board insist on using sexist terms to demean the right. Very telling.

I try not to look at polls because they are so flawed. With the advent of the internet, they are almost obsolete. I won't go into why now. Anyway, I try to look at what is demonstrably true and factual. The 2020 protests and riots began with the murder of a black man. They also erupted in the middle of a pandemic which brought the nation to its knees regarding unemployment, lack of education, and certainly social stress with regard to isolation. People had a lot of time on their hands with little satisfying news. It was a perfect recipe - or excuse - for a violent reaction. But what I see now, is that it hasn't stopped. And that's significant. Because regardless of all government accommodations, it's not enough. And now, it's out of control. The far left has become an intimidation squad. Because it's so exploited youth and established a youthfully driven platform, it has been able to incorporate a social imperative to all those that "want to be included' - very potent among the young - and to adopt an overtly hostile and violent reaction to anything it finds antithetical to its cause. And its cause is irrational. That's the seriousness of the issue.

Far right violence tends to be "lone wolf" in recent days. But as the momentum continues with the ultra-left injecting an anarchistic and violent cause celebre, mob violence will be advocated if Trump prevails. Ironically, even if Trump is defeated, the "movement" - if there's a term for it - toward unfettered sadistic violence will continue as it has until it is quashed with brutal military force. Then the antifas will get exactly what they so falsely claimed to be the current situation. Then, they will have nobody but themselves to blame for ushering in a kind of fascism. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I think it's quite the opposite, Cardinal. It's not Trump supporters that initiated the rioting. And I think you are grievously underestimating the amount of mail in ballots that will be utilized by Trump voters. Self preservation tends to be a potent motivator, and as a significant number of Trump supporters are older, I doubt they will be waiting in the voting line, anxious to contract a virus. However, they will vote. They tend to be adamant voters. So, I think you may be surprised at how many mail-in ballots will be sent this year. In all probability, those showing up at the voting booths will skew younger or middle aged, and will be more urban, because they are more "used to" crowds. That - in my view - puts your theory to the test.

I believe that the protesting and rioting is sociological, not really based on any specific political grievance, which is what makes it so unnerving. The racist issue is a meme. If it exists as "systematic," it's certainly overblown, and sexism is a far more obvious social AND economic barrier, to which there has been barely a mention. In fact, many of the ultra-left right on this board insist on using sexist terms to demean the right. Very telling.

I try not to look at polls because they are so flawed. With the advent of the internet, they are almost obsolete. I won't go into why now. Anyway, I try to look at what is demonstrably true and factual. The 2020 protests and riots began with the murder of a black man. They also erupted in the middle of a pandemic which brought the nation to its knees regarding unemployment, lack of education, and certainly social stress with regard to isolation. People had a lot of time on their hands with little satisfying news. It was a perfect recipe - or excuse - for a violent reaction. But what I see now, is that it hasn't stopped. And that's significant. Because regardless of all government accommodations, it's not enough. And now, it's out of control. The far left has become an intimidation squad. Because it's so exploited youth and established a youthfully driven platform, it has been able to incorporate a social imperative to all those that "want to be included' - very potent among the young - and to adopt an overtly hostile and violent reaction to anything it finds antithetical to its cause. And its cause is irrational. That's the seriousness of the issue.

Far right violence tends to be "lone wolf" in recent days. But as the momentum continues with the ultra-left injecting an anarchistic and violent cause celebre, mob violence will be advocated if Trump prevails. Ironically, even if Trump is defeated, the "movement" - if there's a term for it - toward unfettered sadistic violence will continue as it has until it is quashed with brutal military force. Then the antifas will get exactly what they so falsely claimed to be the current situation. Then, they will have nobody but themselves to blame for ushering in a kind of fascism. Thanks!!
Republican officials have been worried for weeks that President Trump is scaring his supporters (and theirs) away from voting by mail with his near-constant, baseless warnings that it will lead to widespread fraud.

Now we have solid evidence that Republicans are way less likely than Democrats to vote by mail in the fall. They would much rather vote in person.

A new Washington Post-University of Maryland poll finds that while Democrats are split on whether they prefer to vote in person or by mail, 71 percent of Republicans say they prefer to vote in person, with 21 percent preferring to vote by mail and 9 percent preferring to drop off their ballot.

There’s evidence that Trump’s frequent warnings about mail voting are persuading Republicans to avoid it: While 95 percent of people who say they’re definitely voting for Trump are confident that their ballot cast in person on Election Day will be counted accurately, that goes down to 45 percent when asked how confident they are of the same outcome when voting by mail. Sixty-five percent of those definitely voting for Trump predict that fraudulent attempts to vote will happen very or somewhat often.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...confirms-republicans-wariness-voting-by-mail/

This isn't true.

The vast majority of Trump critics are peaceful, law-abiding, and do not want any harm to come to their fellow American citizens. That is why Trump critics are angry at Trump for downplaying the Covid-19 pandemic despite being fully aware of the dangers of Covid-19. That is why Trump critics are mad at Trump for not confronting Putin over the bounties Russia paid to the Taliban to kill American troops.

The population of people willing to engage in violence against their fellow citizens and who also dislike Trump numbers in the hundreds and can easily be dealt with.

However, I am very concerned about what the far-right Trump supporters will do after Biden wins, for he is certain to win based on recent poll numbers. These far-right types have routinely demonstrated their willingness to inflict violence and death upon their fellow citizens. Even most of the regular Trump supporters believe in the crazy conspiracy theories revolving around mail-in voting. After Biden wins, if he doesn't win by a huge margin, there will be terrorist atrocities committed by far-right Trump supporters based on the mistaken belief that the Democrats cheated. These types of Trump supporters see their political opponents as similar to enemies during a war. That's how bad things are. And even regular Trump supporters are the kind of people that are okay with Trump being aware of the danger of the virus, but still downplaying it. Even regular Trump supporters are the kind of people who are okay with Trump not confronting Putin for Russia paying the Taliban to kill our troops. Even regular Trump supporters are the kind of people who are okay with kidnapping children from their parents at the border. Do you think, given these facts, that Trump supporters on the far-right, I'm talking specifically about the gun nuts, the far-right lunatic fringe, the white supremacists and the militia idiots wouldn't murder their fellow citizens? The federal government has tried to discourage news of the far-right from being made public and from taking action. I think the reason is pretty clear. The Trump administration sees these radical lunatics as allies:

Former DHS Official: White House Failed To Take Far-Right Extremism Seriously | 90.1 FM WABE

Last edited:

I don't think this is true.

Most of the protests have been peaceful:

About 93% of racial justice protests in the US have been peaceful, a new report finds - CNN

About 93% of racial justice protests in the US since the death of George Floyd have been peaceful and nondestructive, according to a new report.

The findings, released Thursday, contradict assumptions and claims by some that protests associated with the Black Lives Matter movement are spawning violence and destruction of property.
The report was produced by the US Crisis Project, a joint effort by the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) and the Bridging Divides Initiative (BDI) at Princeton University, which collects and analyzes real-time data on demonstrations and political violence in the US.

This is an indication the "left" has been reliably civil and peaceful.

Fox News plays up the violence to scare people into supporting Trump.

The propaganda didn't work. And now you are trying to spread these lies on this forum.

Last edited:

Polls are not going to reveal much of anything, especially this year. And as I've already made a point of saying it, forgive me if I'm dismissive. And I think it's very important for people to judge by what they see as fact and come to their own conclusions, not the conclusions of what is promoted. Most of the media today is agenda-driven. It's part of our nation being so at sea, and average Americans being either mistrustful or inured. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom