• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health and Human Services spokesman warns of an armed insurrection after the election

You keep trying to ascribe to the various participants some sort of communist political motive. This isn't true. There just aren't enough communists in our population to do any damage.

Also, there is nothing happening right now that in any way resembles a struggle session or a reconnaissance in force on the part of either group, whether the racist, far-right militias or the rioters and looters. These are disorganized groups of people looking for a reason to fight.

It's absolutely true. The BLM founders are admitted communists.

The platform, the tactics and strategy are straight out of the Communist Manifesto, Mao' Red Book and Rules for radicals. BLM and ANTIFA are nothing more than communist trash.

What we're seeing is a few dozen stupid hoodlums in a few major cities taking advantage of the protests by committing crimes. The idea that there is some sort of organized, disciplined Communist force lurking in the background ready to revolt is idiotic.

Several thousand in 140+ cities. Stop trying to lie your way out.

This isn't true at all. Biden has been explicitly working to repair the racial divide and calm unrest in our country. And one of the ways that Biden does this is by acknowledging the legitimate concerns and grievances of black people and other minorities. The problem with Trump and Trump supporters is that not only will they budge an inch in working to make black people full and equal citizens, but they won't even acknowledge their legitimate concerns and grievances. They have a point. It's true to say that black people are treated differently by police than white people. And people have the right to peacefully protest that unfair treatment without being assaulted by far-right racists and gun nuts.

I think what you mean by this comment, this stoking of racial divide, is that you think it's outrageous for black people to ask to be treated equally. And you think it's outrageous that Biden would endorse this view. THAT is what you mean by stoking racial divide. Has it ever occurred to you that white people have some work to do?

Biden has repeatedly condemned violence:

No, he has not condemned the violence repeatedly or in enough of a meaningful way to make people feel secure. If the New York Times is concerned - and believe me, it hates Trump - then, there's a problem. He's just now stepping up to the plate on the rioting. And he has pandered to people who believe that there is racial inequality by distorting facts. He's a career politician so he's good at taking a crowd's temperature. It wasn't that long ago that he was Jim Crow Joe. Regarding racism, I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment at all, either of what I mean or that black people aren't treated equally by and large. Poverty may be a significant problem in this country, and that's where I can see room for improvement. But after this country elected a black president twice, I don't agree that there is an overriding problem with racial inequality. Poverty, maybe. Inner city poverty is particularly difficult to address, but racism?? No. Everybody acknowledges that there are violent cops. But they are abusive to all groups, not just blacks, and they are not as prevalent as the meme would like us to believe. Thanks!!

He's not the only one saying this unbelievable garbage. Republicans are going all out insane to rally the base.

All these right wing idiot groups are doing all they can to try and get Americans killed.

No, he has not condemned the violence repeatedly or in enough of a meaningful way to make people feel secure. If the New York Times is concerned - and believe me, it hates Trump - then, there's a problem. He's just now stepping up to the plate on the rioting. And he has pandered to people who believe that there is racial inequality by distorting facts. He's a career politician so he's good at taking a crowd's temperature. It wasn't that long ago that he was Jim Crow Joe. Regarding racism, I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment at all, either of what I mean or that black people aren't treated equally by and large. Poverty may be a significant problem in this country, and that's where I can see room for improvement. But after this country elected a black president twice, I don't agree that there is an overriding problem with racial inequality. Poverty, maybe. Inner city poverty is particularly difficult to address, but racism?? No. Everybody acknowledges that there are violent cops. But they are abusive to all groups, not just blacks, and they are not as prevalent as the meme would like us to believe. Thanks!!

здравствуйте, Logophile!

uhhh... this thread is about a Putin sponsored mole inserted into the HHS to perform the same "duties" this mole formerly performed on Putin's behalf, but the consequences this time are obviously life threatening. Caputo was inserted in HHS after his two U.S. sponsors, Manafort and Stone became convicted felons. A sane Admin. would have distanced itself from Michael Caputo, due to his proximity and open admiration of the two felons, BUT INSTEAD, PUTIN-TRUMP PROMOTED CAPUTO....

Putin ally Deripaska sues Treasury to block sanctions, says he'''s lost billions

Putin ally Deripaska sues Treasury to block sanctions, says ....
Mar 15, 2019 - Russian businessman Oleg Deripaska is suing the U.S. Treasury Department to lift sanctions imposed on him. The Putin ally claims his net ...

A bi-partisan report:

50348540543_838d45fa3d_c.jpg

Russia's top Olympic investors complain over cost overruns ...Business & Financial News, U.S & International Breaking News | Reuters › article › us-russia-olympics-investor...
Apr 2, 2013 - Some of the biggest investors in Russia's 2014 Winter Olympics in the ... Deripaska's projects include a $760 million Olympic village, which will ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b26e00-b97c-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html
How a McConnell-backed effort to lift Russian sanctions boosted
Aug 14, 2019 - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) ... “It's not okay that we're turning to Deripaska, given the damage he's done to our democracy.

Business Watch: September 21, 2001 - Radio Free Europewww.rferl.org › ...
Sep 21, 2001 - At the "Oil and Gas Export by Caspian Countries via Russia" ... analytical group, which provided public relations for Deripaska's projects; and a ...
Images for putin "deripaska projects"

Last edited:
What does this have to do with anything?

Do you think there is an "outside force" stoking unrest in the U.S.?

What is this outside force? Is it a government?

Do you have evidence of this?

Or, is this coming from your buddies at the bar again?
Of course I think there's outside influence. What I find really outrageous here is that the Democrats have been screaming for years over Russian meddling in the election, and yet you're asking ME for EVIDENCE?? Thanks!!

Of course I think there's outside influence. What I find really outrageous here is that the Democrats have been screaming for years over Russian meddling in the election, and yet you're asking ME for EVIDENCE?? Thanks!!

YOU are the one making the claim, not me.

Who is stoking unrest in the U.S?

Russia?

And if it's Russia why is Trump not doing anything about it?

Wow. This guy is CRAZY!

Yeah... "If trump loses they are coming for you and they are coming for your children."

Did you notice his twitchiness?

No, he has not condemned the violence repeatedly

You're lying.

PolitiFact | Trump campaign is wrong — Biden has repeatedly condemned violence tied to protests

Trump spoke on Sept. 1, 2020 with law enforcement and business owners in Kenosha, a city reeling after the police shooting of Jacob Blake, which spawned nights of unrest that came to a head when, prosecutors say, a 17-year-old from Illinois shot and killed two protesters.

The day the president visited, his Wisconsin campaign released a statement criticizing Biden for being weak on issues of "law and order," a message Trump has championed as he seeks re-election.

The statement included this claim: "Biden failed to condemn far-left violent groups like Antifa, instead faulting only the brave men and women of law enforcement."

It’s a talking point Trump and his allies have begun to push, despite significant evidence to the contrary.

Let’s take a look.

Biden has denounced arson, violence connected to protests several times
Biden, who visited Kenosha Sept. 3, 2020, hasn’t minced words denouncing the unrest that followed Blake’s shooting and the death of George Floyd in May.

Days after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck and the city — and nation — erupted in protest, Biden said: "Protesting such brutality is right and necessary … But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not."

On June 2, 2020, he said: "There is no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches, or destroying businesses."

On Aug. 26, 2020, three days after Kenosha police officer Rusten Sheskey shot Jacob Blake, Biden said in a video: "Burning down communities is not protest, it’s needless violence — violence that endangers lives, violence that guts businesses, and shutters businesses that serve the community. That’s wrong."

--

or in enough of a meaningful way to make people feel secure.

Yes, I understand that Trump supporters will only feel secure when black people stop demanding equal rights and equal treatment. But Biden is not going to stop demanding equal rights and equal treatment for black people.

But this isn't Biden's problem.

This is YOUR problem.

Yeah, I've been saying it for quite awhile. If Trump wins, I fully expect retaliatory violence. I think the left is no longer reliably civil.I see it on the streets today. Look at the crowd chanting for the demise of two police. It's disgusting, so I fully expect a full scale dust up. Thanks!!

He's right to say some spastic hyperpartisan idiocy because you have been spewing that same spastic hyperpartisan idiocy yourself?

That's not how reality works.

YOU are the one making the claim, not me.

Who is stoking unrest in the U.S?

Russia?

And if it's Russia why is Trump not doing anything about it?

I think that both Russia and China are fomenting discord and promoting memes. I'm still, however, astonished that you are asking for "evidence," when Facebook and Twitter has been identifying foreign sources of fake news in an attempt to sow discord, and been systematically removing them - not all of them, Zuckerberg has been resistant - but a lot of them. And it's been openly reported. As far as Trump "doing anything about it," that's the job of HS, the CIA and the FBI. And they have been doing something about it. Thanks!!

Wow. This guy is CRAZY!

And he ain't even close to being the only one preaching for right wing violence...

‘There Is no Room for Mercy’: Brenden Dilley Says Trump Must Execute His Political Enemies (video at link)

Far-Right Podcast Scrubs Episode After Neo-Nazi Guest Calls For ‘Revenge’ Against Jewish Groups

Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner says God has "seeded our country" with military veterans experienced in urban warfare to head up "good militias" organized by Christians in preparation for civil war.
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1305523404565606401?s=20 (video at link)

Last edited:
If the New York Times is concerned - and believe me, it hates Trump - then, there's a problem.

Prove it. Which opinion piece are you referring to?

He's just now stepping up to the plate on the rioting.

This simply isn't true.

PolitiFact | Trump campaign is wrong — Biden has repeatedly condemned violence tied to protests

And he has pandered to people who believe that there is racial inequality by distorting facts.

You mean he's taking the concerns of black people seriously? That's pandering?

There is actual racial inequality in terms of how black people are treated by law enforcement.

He's a career politician so he's good at taking a crowd's temperature.

This is the only thing you've written in this thread that is accurate.

It wasn't that long ago that he was Jim Crow Joe.

I think it's fair to criticize him concerning his busing stance in 1975. To call him Jim Crow Joe is kind of ridiculous though.

Regarding racism, I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment at all, either of what I mean or that black people aren't treated equally by and large.

I'm not surprised.

Poverty may be a significant problem in this country, and that's where I can see room for improvement. But after this country elected a black president twice, I don't agree that there is an overriding problem with racial inequality.

Whether or not you take it seriously, whether or not you think it's the most important problem our country faces, does not mean that the concerns of the protesters are not legitimate.

Poverty, maybe. Inner city poverty is particularly difficult to address, but racism?? No. Everybody acknowledges that there are violent cops. But they are abusive to all groups, not just blacks, and they are not as prevalent as the meme would like us to believe. Thanks!!

There's just too much evidence proving you wrong.

You're lying.

--

Yes, I understand that Trump supporters will only feel secure when black people stop demanding equal rights and equal treatment. But Biden is not going to stop demanding equal rights and equal treatment for black people.

This is YOUR problem.

Mine and the New York Times. So why don't you take it up with the New York Times?? Thanks!!

Mine and the New York Times. So why don't you take it up with the New York Times?? Thanks!!

First of all, I don't accept the premise of your argument. The fact that the New York Times publishes an article critical of Biden doesn't necessarily make it true.

Second, I read the New York Times, and I don't know which article you're talking about or what the context is. What article are you talking about? Is this some random opinion piece? Is this the stance of their editorial board? Prove it.

I want to make something really clear to you. Nobody's "lying." I don't accuse people of lying on a political forum for a simple reason: people have a different points of view. They often have a different take on the news and hear the facts in terms of their own biases aka internal voices. But to suggest that somebody is deliberately "lying" is below the belt. Thanks!!

First of all, I don't accept the premise of your argument. The fact that the New York Times publishes an article critical of Biden doesn't necessarily make it true.

Second, I read the New York Times, and I don't know which article you're talking about or what the context is. What article are you talking about? Is this some random opinion piece? Is this the stance of their editorial board? Prove it.

Biden’s vulnerability
The latest New York Times/Siena College poll showed Joe Biden to be leading President Trump in four important swing states. But it also showed how Biden could lose the election.

If the campaign is a referendum on the coronavirus, Trump will probably lose. The U.S. has suffered more than almost any other rich country, as many voters realize. When new outbreaks were exploding this summer, Biden’s lead grew to almost 10 percentage points.

But the other issue that’s dominated the news in recent months — the combination of police violence, racial injustice, peaceful protests and rising crime in many cities — is more politically complicated. It has the potential to hurt both Trump and Biden, in different ways. And so far, Biden has not managed to send voters a persuasive message that protects his vulnerabilities.

Perhaps the most surprising finding from the poll was this: In the four swing states — Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Wisconsin — a larger share of voters said “addressing law and order” was a more important campaign issue to them than said “addressing the coronavirus pandemic” was.

On first glance, these law-and-order concerns may still seem to help Biden. More voters trust him to do a better job on several related issues — including violent crime, unifying the country and handling the protests — than trust Trump. But it’s not quite that simple.

Remember: Most Americans have already made up their minds about the election. Their answers to poll questions about which candidate they trust on specific issues are almost meaningless at this point. The bigger issue is how undecided and uncommitted voters feel.

Biden’s problem is that, on the broad issues of crime and policing, he appears to have a larger group of soft supporters — people who could flip — than Trump does. As Nate Cohn, a Times reporter who helped oversee the poll, told me, “There is definitely some Biden support with worry about crime.” Those worries span Black, Latino and white voters.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/

So sorry, it was Monday. It goes on and on. I get the news brief. I'm not sure it's still available through the Times but I can reprint it all here if you'd like. Thanks!!

You're lying.

--

This is YOUR problem.

Trump is a Putin compromised, fascist thug....

Donald Trump Henderson, Nevada Rally Speech Transcript September 13 - Rev
three days ago

President Donald Trump: (02:48)
Used to be people would say, “Hey, could you keep it away from a football game?” Now they’re saying, “Could you possibly do it during the football game?” We have some free time. But during violent demonstrations in Las Vegas, a 29-year-old police officer, you know this very well, was deliberately shot in the head, leaving the young, brave officer paralyzed, yet, Sleepy Joe Biden and his supporters continue their dangerous war on the police. They’re putting the lives of our brave officers directly in harm’s way. At his convention, he never even mentioned the words, “law and order”, never mentioned them once. Now, he’s all of a sudden, his polls are dropping like a rock, and he’s starting to say, “But we need law and order.”

President Donald Trump: (04:44)
For the entire summer, Biden was silent as left-wing mobs assaulted police officers. When Biden’s far-left supporters set fire to police cars and precinct stations, court houses, Joe Biden called them peaceful protestors. Right? They call them peaceful protestors. And when we go to these radical-left place that are having problems, because everyone … look at the top-10. You go back … go top-20, top-30. Take a look. Democrat-run, radical left-wing, Democrat, usually run. Not Republican-run, Democrat-run. And we go back, and we take a look. We want to give them help. They don’t want help.

President Donald Trump: (06:11)
And as you know, in Portland, the other day, we had to send in the US Marshalls. A man, who’s a bad guy, bad guy, shot somebody right in the middle of the street, who they say was a very fine young man. Shot him, killed him. Just shot him like … It was on television. Two-and-a-half days, nothing happened. I said, “What’s going on?” We sent in the US Marshalls. It was taken care of in 15 minutes. Okay? 15 minutes.

President Donald Trump: (09:22)
Joe calls for abolishing cash bail and closing your prisons. He wants to close prisons, and he even called law enforcement the enemy recently. You saw that? The enemy, until his polls started dropping. Then all of a sudden, he said, “No, we love law enforcement.”

President Donald Trump: (09:38)
I think I’ve gotten every major law enforcement group in the country, right?

President Donald Trump: (09:47)
You saw recently, I got New York’s finest. And they are New York’s finest, but they’re not allowed to do their job. They’re not allowed. We have a radical left mayor who has no clue. He has no clue what’s happening to that poor city. I love that city. What’s happening to that city. 300% up. Look, 300% in certain very bad crimes, New York. There’s no reason for this, and we have the greatest police. They’re great. New York’s finest, they endorsed me....

Police have historically protested by making fewer arrests. It'''s become - Insider
Police have historically protested by making fewer arrests. It's ...Insider › News › Crime
Jun 16, 2020 - During a period at the end of 2014, following the killing of two NYPD officers, the number of arrests in the city was cut in half. ... Last year when Officer Daniel Pantaleo was fired for his role in the killing of Eric Garner, felony arrests slowed down again.

OK, I'm ready.

You're lying.

--

This is YOUR problem.

Trump's support from black Americans is at 20% and rapidly rising. Hispanics are at 35% for Trump.

This is YOUR problem.

Your party is losing its favorite play, and they're willing to destroy America to try and get it back.

Too late.

It's absolutely true. The BLM founders are admitted communists.

The platform, the tactics and strategy are straight out of the Communist Manifesto, Mao' Red Book and Rules for radicals. BLM and ANTIFA are nothing more than communist trash.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Trump's support from black Americans is at 20% and rapidly rising. Hispanics are at 35% for Trump.

This is YOUR problem.

Your party is losing its favorite play, and they're willing to destroy America to try and get it back.

Too late.

Qanon caped hero Trump is wresting the "black vote" out of Biden/Harris's arms, in an unprecedented "turnaround" and march to Trump totalitarian victory!

They are coming out of the woodwork, 48 days out!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/08/very-fine-people-charlottesville-who-were-they-2/
Fact Checker - Analysis
The ‘very fine people’ at Charlottesville: Who were they?
By Glenn Kessler
May 8, 2020 at 3:00 a.m. EDT

“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group … There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest.”

— President Trump, Aug. 15, 2017

The Pinocchio Test

The evidence shows there were no quiet protesters against removing the statue that weekend. That’s just a figment of the president’s imagination. The militia groups were not spurred on by the Confederate statue controversy. They arrived in Charlottesville heavily armed and, by their own account, were prepared to use deadly force — because of a desire to insert themselves in a dangerous situation that, in effect, pitted them against the foes of white supremacists.

Trump earns Four Pinocchios.

...and, Trump, quoted in my last post:

...President Donald Trump: (06:11)
And as you know, in Portland, the other day, we had to send in the US Marshalls. A man, who’s a bad guy, bad guy, shot somebody right in the middle of the street, who they say was a very fine young man. Shot him, killed him. Just shot him like … It was on television. Two-and-a-half days, nothing happened. I said, “What’s going on?” We sent in the US Marshalls. It was taken care of in 15 minutes. Okay? 15 minutes....

The "very fine young man", in this episode of Trump's "fine people", died wearing this group's hat....

Patriot Prayer no stranger to protests in Northwest | WTOP
Patriot Prayer no stranger to protests in Northwest
The Associated Press
August 31, 2020, 11:07 AM

....Patriot Prayer’s founder, Joey Gibson, has held pro-Trump rallies repeatedly in Portland and other cities since 2016. The events have drawn counterprotesters from around the region and had heightened tensions in Portland long before Black Lives Matter demonstrators began nearly 100 days of nightly protests over the police killing of George Floyd.

The shooting victim was identified by Gibson as Aaron “Jay” Danielson of Portland. Photos taken of the body show he was wearing a Patriot Prayer hat. Police have released few details and pleaded with the public on Sunday to come forward with any information about the shooting.

Danielson also went by the name Jay Bishop, according to a statement on Patriot Prayer’s Facebook page.

Gibson, a one-time Senate candidate, founded Patriot Prayer in 2016. In past interviews with The Associated Press, Gibson has said he and his group are not a hate group and simply want to exercise their freedom of speech without interference from left-wing groups or protesters.

The group became a prominent presence in Portland in the summer of 2017, when Gibson organized a large rally in the city less than a week after a white supremacist fatally stabbed two men who had come to the defense of two Black teenagers — including one wearing a Muslim head-covering — on a light-rail train.

The defendant Jeremy Christian, who was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences earlier this year, had attended a Patriot Prayer rally several months before, but was kicked out by organizers for flashing Nazi hand signs.

Patriot Prayer held several other marches and rallies in Portland in 2017 and 2018 and Gibson was arrested for felony rioting last summer on a charge related to a brawl that broke out between the group’s supporters and left-wing activists at a pub after a May Day march in the city.

He has pleaded not guilty; a judge this week denied his motion for a change of venue at trial, according to court records.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom