• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health and Human Services spokesman warns of an armed insurrection after the election

What we're seeing now, in military terms, is a reconnaissance in force .

What we're seeing is a few dozen stupid hoodlums in a few major cities taking advantage of the protests by committing crimes. The idea that there is some sort of organized, disciplined Communist force lurking in the background ready to revolt is idiotic.

i had to look that up. Interesting. I have had the sense for quite awhile that there's a faction - for lack of a better word - testing Americans on how much they will tolerate. So far, the faction has been able to ramp up. We'll have to see. Thanks!!

I think the problem isn't that people have been too tolerant of these hoodlums.

The problem is that people have been too tolerant of these crazy white supremacists, far-right, militia types.

There is really no difference between these rioters and looters and the militia types, but for some reason, the far-right gun nuts get a pass.

Polls are not going to reveal much of anything, especially this year. And as I've already made a point of saying it, forgive me if I'm dismissive. And I think it's very important for people to judge by what they see as fact and come to their own conclusions, not the conclusions of what is promoted. Most of the media today is agenda-driven. It's part of our nation being so at sea, and average Americans being either mistrustful or inured. Thanks!!

So you know that Republicans will be making more use of mail-in ballots from....what, a dream? A conversation at the bar?

The “retaliatory violence” is far more likely to come from trump supporters, due simply to how ballots will be counted. On Election Day the in-person voting will be counted first. These will mostly be Republican votes and will show a Trump victory. But it will take weeks to count the mail-in ballots. 65% of these ballots will be for Biden, at which point you’ll slowly watch Trump’s lead shrink and then, ultimately, vanish. It is likely that Biden will be the winner.

Whatever connection to sanity Trump Supporters were holding on to will completely snap.

Also, to add to your point: leadership matters. The things Trump says will have a huge impact on how his supporters will react. All Trump has to do is say the word and his cultists will begin killing their fellow citizens. Biden would never endorse any action that would result in harm coming to a fellow citizen. But we all know what Trump is capable of.

Also, leadership matters.

The things Trump says will have a huge impact on how his supporters will react.

All Trump has to do is say the word and his cultists will begin killing their fellow citizens.

Biden would never endorse any action that would result in harm coming to a fellow citizen.

Well, trump supporters wanted to live in interesting times, and they sure got it.

It's also what Mao called a struggle session.

Struggle session - Wikipedia

You keep trying to ascribe to the various participants some sort of communist political motive. This isn't true. There just aren't enough communists in our population to do any damage.

Also, there is nothing happening right now that in any way resembles a struggle session or a reconnaissance in force on the part of either group, whether the racist, far-right militias or the rioters and looters. These are disorganized groups of people looking for a reason to fight.

That is if the leftists carry out the BrownShirt tactics that they've been threatening all along, you know, extortion with a dash of terrorism thrown in. There's no reason to believe that they won't, given the escalation we've seen over the last few weeks / months. Agreed. The escalations referred to above certainly would substantiate that to be a reasonable and legitimate assumption.

This is crazy talk. You guys have been watching too much Fox News.

They're not confederates, at least not around here... There has been a tiny faction of super extremists in secret militias up here for years, and they hate our government. Has nothing to do with race, and just like their gr-gr-gr grandfathers grabbed their muskets and shot at their government, they're more than willing to do it to our current government. That tiny core group has been nurtured and encouraged by foreign enemies on social media, and all knds of nuts who have their own reasons for wanting to shoot people have joined in, but I've talked to some of these northern militiamen and they're dead serious, not kidding, and they're not old white cracker racists. They have teeth and everything, responsible jobs. And lots of guns.

It's all about race.

Case in point:

Yep.

I'm encouraged by the Detroit Chief of police and his performance.
He's allowed peaceful protests and peaceful demonstrations without impedance, as it should be, and has also enforced the law when crimes are committed.
I guess the 68-69 riots, and their results, haven't left collective memory yet.

As long as that stays that way, I'm a little more at ease.
But I've got my bug-out location reserved, and my bug-out gear. I can be there in a few hours drive.

I think it's quite the opposite, Cardinal. It's not Trump supporters that initiated the rioting. And I think you are grievously underestimating the amount of mail in ballots that will be utilized by Trump voters. Self preservation tends to be a potent motivator, and as a significant number of Trump supporters are older, I doubt they will be waiting in the voting line, anxious to contract a virus. However, they will vote. They tend to be adamant voters. So, I think you may be surprised at how many mail-in ballots will be sent this year. In all probability, those showing up at the voting booths will skew younger or middle aged, and will be more urban, because they are more "used to" crowds. That - in my view - puts your theory to the test.

Geeesh.

You've bought into all the pro-Trump propaganda haven't you?

You are going to be very disappointed this November. It's not going to turn out the way you expect.

Democrats more likely than Republicans to mail in ballots early: poll

Biden is surging in the polls amongst senior citizens. The reason? Trump doesn't care if they die of Covid-19.

Why older voters love Joe Biden - Vox

Far right violence tends to be "lone wolf" in recent days.

This isn't true. For example, the Kenosha killer, Rittenhouse, was attracted to Kenosha based on an organized marketing campaign by a militia group. He was there in the area with a militia group.

But as the momentum continues with the ultra-left injecting an anarchistic and violent cause celebre, mob violence will be advocated if Trump prevails.

Nobody likes the thugs setting fires and looting.

Ironically, even if Trump is defeated, the "movement" - if there's a term for it - toward unfettered sadistic violence will continue as it has until it is quashed with brutal military force. Then the antifas will get exactly what they so falsely claimed to be the current situation. Then, they will have nobody but themselves to blame for ushering in a kind of fascism. Thanks!!

This is crazy talk. Trump supporters are nuts. Fox News has Trump supporters all hiding under your beds at night.

So you know that Republicans will be making more use of mail-in ballots from....what, a dream? A conversation at the bar?

By all the people I ask, every day. And as they are both Democrats and Republicans, I have to assume that it makes more sense to hear it from the horse's mouth than the hind end bugling of the Washington Post. But, if it makes you feel any better, there are a record amount of mail-in ballot requests in several states, some of them swing states. If you'd like a link, be glad to but I would think you know that. Logic would dictate that SOME of those people aren't Democrats, correct?? And if you have any knowledge of current events - and I fully believe you do - you may want to put two and two together to make four. Older voters are far more likely to vote from home than risk a virus, given that older voters have curtailed traveling, restaurant outings, even visits to the hair dresser or barber, sans of course, your friend, Nancy. Thanks!!

Polls are not going to reveal much of anything, especially this year. And as I've already made a point of saying it, forgive me if I'm dismissive. And I think it's very important for people to judge by what they see as fact and come to their own conclusions, not the conclusions of what is promoted. Most of the media today is agenda-driven. It's part of our nation being so at sea, and average Americans being either mistrustful or inured. Thanks!!

It's stupid for you to be dismissive without any thought or logic behind it.

Why do you think polls are not going to reveal much of anything, especially this year?

What is your argument?

Exactly.

By all the people I ask, every day. And as they are both Democrats and Republicans, I have to assume that it makes more sense to hear it from the horse's mouth than the hind end bugling of the Washington Post. But, if it makes you feel any better, there are a record amount of mail-in ballot requests in several states, some of them swing states. If you'd like a link, be glad to but I would think you know that. Logic would dictate that SOME of those people aren't Democrats, correct?? And if you have any knowledge of current events - and I fully believe you do - you may want to put two and two together to make four. Older voters are far more likely to vote from home than risk a virus, given that older voters have curtailed traveling, restaurant outings, even visits to the hair dresser or barber, sans of course, your friend, Nancy. Thanks!!

Ah, the people you ask, every day. What is the sample size? How many states did you focus on? Was it landline, cell phone, online, or in-person? How did you adjust for weighting?

Why do you think polls are not going to reveal much of anything, especially this year?

What is your argument?

Exactly.

He knows from the people he asks, every day.

By all the people I ask, every day. And as they are both Democrats and Republicans, I have to assume that it makes more sense to hear it from the horse's mouth than the hind end bugling of the Washington Post.

Oh, that's your problem!

You basically have no idea how polling works.

But, if it makes you feel any better, there are a record amount of mail-in ballot requests in several states, some of them swing states. If you'd like a link, be glad to but I would think you know that. Logic would dictate that SOME of those people aren't Democrats, correct?? And if you have any knowledge of current events - and I fully believe you do - you may want to put two and two together to make four. Older voters are far more likely to vote from home than risk a virus, given that older voters have curtailed traveling, restaurant outings, even visits to the hair dresser or barber, sans of course, your friend, Nancy. Thanks!!

The problem with your argument is that Biden is now winning older voters in a landslide because older voters don't want to die of Covid-19 and they recognize Trump doesn't care about them.

What we're seeing is a few dozen stupid hoodlums in a few major cities taking advantage of the protests by committing crimes. The idea that there is some sort of organized, disciplined Communist force lurking in the background ready to revolt is idiotic.

The CIA has actively exploited unrest in other nations for decades. United States involvement in regime change - Wikipedia Surely, this comes as no surprise to you. Do you think America is unique to rabble rousing?? Of course not.. A pandemic is a perfect opportunity to exploit weakness, particularly a pandemic. Thanks!!

Geeesh.

You've bought into all the pro-Trump propaganda haven't you?

You are going to be very disappointed this November. It's not going to turn out the way you expect.

Democrats more likely than Republicans to mail in ballots early: poll

Biden is surging in the polls amongst senior citizens. The reason? Trump doesn't care if they die of Covid-19.

Why older voters love Joe Biden - Vox

Polls are nothing more than fortune tellers at this juncture. I would think that people - particularly Democrats - would have learned this lesson by now. And no, there's no "Trump propaganda" involved. I have no skin in the game, thankfully, as I don't think politics should be reduced to a football game with a mere two teams. Thanks!!

What is your argument?

Exactly.

Oh come on. Have you forgotten recent history?? Thanks!!

He's right. The **** is going to hit the fan if Trump is reelected.

That is if the leftists carry out the BrownShirt tactics that they've been threatening all along, you know, extortion with a dash of terrorism thrown in.
There's no reason to believe that they won't, given the escalation we've seen over the last few weeks / months.

Agreed. The escalations referred to above certainly would substantiate that to be a reasonable and legitimate assumption.

Putin loves ya, baby! Keep denying the theft of the 2016 election!

Trump Jr. and Other Aides Met With Gulf Emissary Offering Help to Win Election - The New York Times

Trump Jr. and Other Aides Met With Gulf Emissary Offering Help to Win Election

Guess who is serving a ten year bid for sexual abuse of children?

Michael Caputo is another of Putin's MA(GA)ggots. If he wasn't one already, HHS secretary Alex Azar became one when he did not push back and then resign in reaction to Putin ordering the "insertion" of Caputo into HHS.

Unlike Trump apologists, I put my supporting links where my opinions / analysis are!

Even this "RW rag" (Philip Anschulz's Washington Examiner) is accurate as often as a broken clock.:

The Steele dossier may be the Kremlin’s greatest propaganda triumph
The Steele dossier may be the Kremlin's greatest propaganda ...
Aug 20, 2020 - “The Committee found multiple links between Steele and Deripaska, ... “Steele's reputation as a productive FBI confidential human source,” the ...

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1295748106517196804
Eric Garland on Twitter: "Manafort worked for Putin's guy in ...twitter.com › ericgarland › status
May 11, 2020 - Caputo worked for Oleg Deripaska. Papadopoulos is setting up a Trump-Putin meeting during the campaign. Carter Page...is the world's ...

50347401066_fa203bd4a2_z.jpg

Above supported on page 34 of this 996 page .pdf file:
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf

Loyal Trump Backer Is Now a Face of the Administration’s Virus Response - The New York Times
Loyal Trump Backer Is Now a Face of the Administration's ...
Apr 16, 2020 - The loyalty of the longtime Trump adviser Michael Caputo helped him secure a ... A protégé of the operative and self-described “dirty trickster” Roger J. Stone Jr., Mr. Caputo has known Mr. Trump since the 1980s, when he ... Mr. Manafort, whom Mr. Caputo regarded with awe, primarily handled that work.

Last edited:
Also, to add to your point: leadership matters. The things Trump says will have a huge impact on how his supporters will react. All Trump has to do is say the word and his cultists will begin killing their fellow citizens. Biden would never endorse any action that would result in harm coming to a fellow citizen. But we all know what Trump is capable of.

Biden has been tacitly stoking the racial divide and unrest. Surely, you heard the whole Thomas Edison speech in Kenosha. He basically stated that white people wrote the "history wrong." Even the NYT acknowledged yesterday that his Achilles heel could be that he hasn't done much in the way of condemning violence. Seriously, even the New York Times!! Thanks!!

Biden has been tacitly stoking the racial divide and unrest.

This isn't true at all. Biden has been explicitly working to repair the racial divide and calm unrest in our country. And one of the ways that Biden does this is by acknowledging the legitimate concerns and grievances of black people and other minorities. The problem with Trump and Trump supporters is that not only will they budge an inch in working to make black people full and equal citizens, but they won't even acknowledge their legitimate concerns and grievances. They have a point. It's true to say that black people are treated differently by police than white people. And people have the right to peacefully protest that unfair treatment without being assaulted by far-right racists and gun nuts.

I think what you mean by this comment, this stoking of racial divide, is that you think it's outrageous for black people to ask to be treated equally. And you think it's outrageous that Biden would endorse this view. THAT is what you mean by stoking racial divide. Has it ever occurred to you that white people have some work to do?

Surely, you heard the whole Thomas Edison speech in Kenosha. He basically stated that white people wrote the "history wrong." Even the NYT acknowledged yesterday that his Achilles heel could be that he hasn't done much in the way of condemning violence. Seriously, even the New York Times!! Thanks!!

Biden has repeatedly condemned violence:

Last edited:
Biden has been tacitly stoking the racial divide and unrest. Surely, you heard the whole Thomas Edison speech in Kenosha. He basically stated that white people wrote the "history wrong." Even the NYT acknowledged yesterday that his Achilles heel could be that he hasn't done much in the way of condemning violence. Seriously, even the New York Times!! Thanks!!

"Newbie": Read my post above yours, on this page. Read this, and then please buy your ticket back to St. Petersburg.

50342066552_0080af7318_c.jpg

Oh come on. Have you forgotten recent history?? Thanks!!

If you're talking about 2016, the problem wasn't with the polls. The reputable polls in each of the states were all within the margin of error. The problem is with the analysis of the polls. Too many pundits did not take the electoral college into account when proclaiming the likelihood of victory for Trump. And if we look at the national polls they actually did reflect the popular vote.

So, this idea some people have that all polls are broken because Trump barely won by tens of thousands of votes in a handful of swing states is just sheer stupidity and is based on ignorance of how polls work and what actually happened in 2016.

The polls were in the margin of error.

Let's look at Trump's margins in those swing states:

The 10 Closest States in the 2016 Election

1. Michigan 0.3 percent

Trump 47.6 percent, Clinton 47.3 percent

Difference: 13,080 votes

2. New Hampshire 0.4 percent

Clinton 47.6 percent, Trump 47.2 percent

Difference: 2,701 votes

3. Wisconsin 1 percent

Trump 47.9 percent, Clinton 46.9 percent

Difference: 27,257 votes

4. Pennsylvania 1.2 percent

Trump 48.8 percent, Clinton 47.6 percent

Difference: 68,236 votes (99 percent reporting)

5. Florida 1.2 percent

Trump 49 percent, Clinton 47.8 percent

Difference: 114,455 votes

6. Minnesota 1.5 percent

Clinton 46.4 percent, Trump 44.9 percent

Difference: 44,470 votes

7. Nevada 2.4 percent

Clinton 47.9 percent, Trump 45.5 percent

Difference: 26,434 votes

8. Maine 2.7 percent

Clinton 47.9 percent, Trump 45.2 percent

Difference: 19,995 votes

9. North Carolina 3.8 percent

Trump 49.9 percent, Clinton 46.1 percent

Difference: 177,009 votes

10. Arizona 3.9 percent

Trump 49.3 percent, Clinton 45.4 percent

Difference: 91,682 votes

--

It was a close election. The polls weren't broken. Trump only barely won.

The CIA has actively exploited unrest in other nations for decades. United States involvement in regime change - Wikipedia Surely, this comes as no surprise to you. Do you think America is unique to rabble rousing?? Of course not.. A pandemic is a perfect opportunity to exploit weakness, particularly a pandemic. Thanks!!

What does this have to do with anything?

Do you think there is an "outside force" stoking unrest in the U.S.?

What is this outside force? Is it a government?

Do you have evidence of this?

Or, is this coming from your buddies at the bar again?

What does this have to do with anything?

Do you think there is an "outside force" stoking unrest in the U.S.?

What is this outside force? Is it a government?

Do you have evidence of this?

Or, is this coming from your buddies at the bar again?

He (member since March, 2020) began his Putin friendly OT series of posts 17 minutes after I described and linked to this, (see ON TOPIC image from SSCI report, below).
Today, 11:12 AM#45
Logophile

His post just before mine contradicted his post after mine....

Polls are nothing more than fortune tellers at this juncture. I would think that people - particularly Democrats - would have learned this lesson by now. And no, there's no "Trump propaganda" involved. I have no skin in the game, thankfully, as I don't think politics should be reduced to a football game with a mere two teams. Thanks!!

He attempted to disarm you, read my post, then dramatically changed the flavor of his "spew". Probability of coincidence?

We're under attack. Senate Homeland Security oversight chair is Putin's useful idiot, Ron Johnson, focused on indicting Strzok and Page.

We're on our own, we need to act like it!

50348540543_838d45fa3d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom