• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heads up...

Nice find.
I personally think the whole lot of them were soliciting Russians on the dark web for Clinton's emails, and knew god damn well about the DNC email dump before hand.

I'm hearing Jr., Kushner and Ivanka. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

There's a reason Flynn wasn't sentenced yesterday. It's because he's clearing his throat. He hasn't even started to sing yet.

Mueller strikes me as extremely competent and strategic
why would he have notified the court that flynn's participation was effectively over if he had more to sing about

I guess Superfly's gonna spending another night in DP jail.

giphy.gif

I hear they've got long haired bongo players doing the strip searches. :2wave:

Bonus.

I'd love to hear about an indictment, but my guess is he's just talking about the possible shutdown.

As much retrenchment as there has been in the stock market, there is every chance that Friday will be another humdinger. The last few weekends nobody and I mean nobody has had the guts to hold over the weekend and now we are going into a holiday weekend! The market has broken through every effort by the bulls to support it these last few days and they may in fact be just out of gas by Friday afternoon.

Meh. I bet it's about the shutdown, more than likely.

But I must admit, I now refer to the last day of the work-week as "Felonious Fridays"! :2razz:

As much retrenchment as there has been in the stock market, there is every chance that Friday will be another humdinger. The last few weekends nobody and I mean nobody has had the guts to hold over the weekend and now we are going into a holiday weekend! The market has broken through every effort by the bulls to support it these last few days and they may in fact be just out of gas by Friday afternoon.
I guess the country is finding out the hard way that GOP economics doesn't work.

Again.

But I must admit, I now refer to the last day of the work-week as "Felonious Fridays"! :2razz:
Bingo.

Time for Schumer to show some leadership and give McConnell a taste of his own medicine, and make him OWN this.

Although, I must say I will not be surprised if/when Trump changes his mind again.

Bingo.

Time for Schumer to show some leadership and give McConnell a taste of his own medicine, and make him OWN this.

Although, I must say I will not be surprised if/when Trump changes his mind again.
This was the move (shutdown) I expected Trump to make, before he earlier folded. I figured he would lose, badly.

But now that the House got a bill with his wall funding out, the calculus has changed in my mind. It might not have changed enough for Trump to now prevail, but it might be. Today's bill changes everything, in my opinion.

felony friday.jpg

This was the move (shutdown) I expected Trump to make, before he earlier folded. I figured he would lose, badly.

But now that the House got a bill with his wall funding out, the calculus has changed in my mind. It might not have changed enough for Trump to now prevail, but it might be. Today's bill changes everything, in my opinion.

I honestly can't see the GOP Senate getting every GOP vote, plus enough Dem votes to make the 60 votes needed; however, nothing is impossible in Trump world.

Scary, isn't it? :(

Trump has moved on to "**** it, I am done deferring to NitWits, we do things my way now, I am the President".

We shall see how this goes.

How is that? Trump has no way to come back from shutdown. He has no path back other than to fold his hand and the Senate is not going to pass the bill that came out of the House. How does Trump even bring the government back up again when he does not get his wall and he is not getting his wall in January nor anytime after January. He will just be left trying to clean more egg off his face.

He sealed his fate the day he took full responsibility for a shutdown. He is going to get his wish unless both Houses of Congress can reconcile there way back to the original CR that sailed through the Senate. I don't see that as happening either. But its a better bet than the House Bill getting 60 votes in the Senate. They have literally left no time to do anything. Even if the dems wanted to throw Trump a bone like $1.3B of wall funding, there is no time left. So its shutdown time more than likely.

How is that? Trump has no way to come back from shutdown. He has no path back other than to fold his hand and the Senate is not going to pass the bill that came out of the House. How does Trump even bring the government back up again when does not get his wall and he is not getting his wall in January nor anytime after January. He will just be left trying to clean more egg off his face.

He sealed his fate the day he took full responsibility for a shutdown. He is going to get his wish unless both Houses of Congress can reconcile there way back to the original CR that sailed through the Senate. I don't see that as happening either. But its a better bet than the House Bill getting 60 votes in the Senate. So its shutdown time more than likely.

I think Trump will tell you "If that is the way it has to be then that is the way it has to be, once the wall is funded we can open things up again".

Call me when you are ready.

I AM the President.

I don't think it changes anything.

The bill is just a show for the cameras, so the Republicans can look good, and blame the Democrats.

I honestly can't see the GOP Senate getting every GOP vote, plus enough Dem votes to make the 60 votes needed; however, nothing is impossible in Trump world.

Scary, isn't it? :(
It's not the vote I'm talking about, but the politics.

When a bill couldn't get out of the House, Trump had little political force to apply. Budgets are produced in the House, ratified in the Senate, and signed into law by the President. There was little Trump could do to force the issue, little to really blame. He gets a budget from Congress without wall funding, and if he doesn't sign it, it's on him. He takes the heat.

Now, the House sent a bill with the wall funding (and disaster funding) to the Senate. If the Dems hold it up, it's now clearly all on them. They take the heat.

This last example is what happened to the Dems with the last shutdown over DACA, and it did not end well for the Dems.

Before, I was sure Trump would get burned for a shutdown. Now, I'm thinking the Dems may. I never thought a bill with the wall funding would leave the House. Now we shall see how this plays-out.

I don't think it changes anything.

The bill is just a show for the cameras, so the Republicans can look good, and blame the Democrats.
If it goes to shutdown, I believe it changes the political blame calculus. Check-out my logic in post #43 above, if you will?

When a bill couldn't get out of the House, Trump had little political force to apply. Budgets are produced in the House, ratified in the Senate, and signed into law by the President. There was little Trump could do to force the issue, little to really blame. He gets a budget from Congress without wall funding, and if he doesn't sign it, it's on him. He takes the heat.

Now, the House sent a bill with the wall funding (and disaster funding) to the Senate. If the Dems hold it up, it's now clearly all on them. They take the heat.

This last example is what happened to the Dems with the last shutdown over DACA, and it did not end well for the Dems.

Before, I was sure Trump would get burned for a shutdown. Now, I'm thinking the Dems may. I never thought a bill with the wall funding would leave the House. Now we shall see how this plays-out.

You can't take the words out of Trump's mouth. He said he would own the shutdown without qualification.

Plus you are expecting that the calculus changes and Trump will not be held to accounts for a shutdown while at the same time forgetting that as late as today, Ryan and McConnell thought that Trump would sign the CR and they said so publicly. Do you actually think anybody will believe they were just winging it? Where do you think they got the idea that Trump would sign? Everything changed only after Trump called Rush. Given the dynamics, I doubt anything has changed with regard to the calculus partly because Trump has been flip flopping all over the map.

Last edited:

I've never been able to accurately attune my brain waves to understand the vacillating emanations of the political mindset. Rational logic just seems to get in the way, and my brain starts screaming, "Danger Will Robinson" until I reach for the ibuprofen for headache relief.

I think Trump will tell you "If that is the way it has to be then that is the way it has to be, once the wall is funded we can open things up again".

Call me when you are ready.

I AM the President.

Good he will send his Presidency down in flames even faster.

How is that? Trump has no way to come back from shutdown. He has no path back other than to fold his hand and the Senate is not going to pass the bill that came out of the House. How does Trump even bring the government back up again when he does not get his wall and he is not getting his wall in January nor anytime after January. He will just be left trying to clean more egg off his face.

He sealed his fate the day he took full responsibility for a shutdown. He is going to get his wish unless both Houses of Congress can reconcile there way back to the original CR that sailed through the Senate. I don't see that as happening either. But its a better bet than the House Bill getting 60 votes in the Senate. They have literally left no time to do anything. Even if the dems wanted to throw Trump a bone like $1.3B of wall funding, there is no time left. So its shutdown time more than likely.
Please consider my logic in post #43. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's the way it played-out with the Dems in the Senate with DACA, last year.

I've never been able to accurately attune my brain waves to understand the vacillating emanations of the political mindset. Rational logic just seems to get in the way, and my brain starts screaming, "Danger Will Robinson" until I reach for the ibuprofen for headache relief.
Grow-up in a large family of Polish & Italian immigrants all living in close proximity, many in the same buildings, and I assure you - you will develop antennae highly attuned to emotive response! ;)

Back
Top Bottom