• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Heading for NATO borders: Russia already has phases 2 and 3 planned after Ukraine

It can be read that way. But stopping Putin is also a way of eliminating that necessity.
While that's true, it's also a way to start a war between NATO and Russia, (assuming that a NATO country is responsible for stopping Putin) which no one wants.

While that's true, it's also a way to start a war between NATO and Russia, which no one wants.

I am not so sure. We are sliding into one. There is already a full fledged economic war going on, and the proxy war is picking up steam.

I am not so sure. We are sliding into one. There is already a full fledged economic war going on, and the proxy war is picking up steam.
As they should. Russia has proven that it is a threat to its sovereign neighbors and needs to be weakened until it no longer poses this threat. If we can do that economically or with a proxy war, then this is obviously preferable to a hot war.

As they should. Russia has proven that it is a threat to its sovereign neighbors and needs to be weakened until it no longer poses this threat. If we can do that economically or with a proxy war, then this is obviously preferable to a hot war.

I said we are sliding into a hot war. You were talking of start of a war. No, it has started

I said we are sliding into a hot war. You were talking of start of a war. No, it has started
It hasn't started. If it had, things would look very different in Ukraine right now.

It hasn't started. If it had, things would look very different in Ukraine right now.

It actually looks quite horrible. And more arms are being rushed there from both sides.

At this point no one knows what will happen, Ukraine continues to receive powerful military weapons with more in the pipeline..

Ukraine is highly motivated by hate, to kick Russia out of every inch of Ukraine.

Not only that, Russia is being hit within its borders ..three explosions the day before yesterday.

And this is different than what we did for the better part of five decades......how?
'But judge other people do it too?' Never worked as a defense. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it. DO you admit that Putin is in the wrong? Welp do you?

There’s no such thing as not “threatening the nukes”. The existence of the weapons themselves IS a threat. That’s the whole point behind having nukes.
So threatening nations with nukes is ok, because nukes exist? Is it ok for a nation to threaten another nation with WMDs?

The answer is simple; it's not ok to threaten war much less nuclear war. Unlike you I lived through much of the cold war, threatening to use nukes was always a bridge too far.
Do you know why it's wrong for Putin to threaten to use nukes? It is because threats of using nukes are being used as blackmail. Nah probably well beyond your understanding.

It’s very telling that all you have is hysterical shrieks about me “hating Ukraine” because I don’t buy into the fearmongering.

Awesome you do not buy into fearmongering. So obviously you should be really pissed at all of the fearmongering that Putin is doing? Or are you going to ignore Putin's actions in Putin's war?

'But judge other people do it too?' Never worked as a defense. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it. DO you admit that Putin is in the wrong? Welp do you?

So threatening nations with nukes is ok, because nukes exist? Is it ok for a nation to threaten another nation with WMDs?

The answer is simple; it's not ok to threaten war much less nuclear war. Unlike you I lived through much of the cold war, threatening to use nukes was always a bridge too far.
Do you know why it's wrong for Putin to threaten to use nukes? It is because threats of using nukes are being used as blackmail. Nah probably well beyond your understanding.

Awesome you do not buy into fearmongering. So obviously you should be really pissed at all of the fearmongering that Putin is doing? Or are you going to ignore Putin's actions in Putin's war?

I’ve never denied it bud, but ignoring when WE do the exact same thing helps no one and makes one look like a complete hypocrite.

Gee, except when we nearly start global thermonuclear war over Cuba, that was. Or when we threatened to attack China with nukes. We sure didn’t have a problem with doing so then🙄

Do you get paid twenty bucks every time you repeat the name Putin?

I do not think that you have direct contact with Putin. Never even implied it.

But you have never said anything bad about Putin. Why is that?

So going “go tell it to Putin” was meaningless. Noted.

Anyone who thinks I’ve “never said anything bad about Putin” is ignorant at best and needs to go educate themselves before wasting my time anymore

I’ve never denied it bud, but ignoring when WE do the exact same thing helps no one and makes one look like a complete hypocrite.

Gee, except when we nearly start global thermonuclear war over Cuba, that was. Or when we threatened to attack China with nukes. We sure didn’t have a problem with doing so then🙄

Do you get paid twenty bucks every time you repeat the name Putin?
Ok, you think the US is a bad actor, so what? Was that supposed to be an excuse for Putins war?

So going “go tell it to Putin” was meaningless. Noted.

Anyone who thinks I’ve “never said anything bad about Putin” is ignorant at best and needs to go educate themselves before wasting my time anymore
Im not the one making excuses and spreading Russian propaganda; that's all you.

So maybe we shouldn’t be doing the things we don’t want others to do.
Well FFS why didn't anyone think of that before?

So you went with the our faults are Putin's excuse's route. The thing is though that geopolitics is a lot more complicated than X country did these bad things philosophy.

Meanwhile, do you approve of Putins actions in Ukraine?

Well FFS why didn't anyone think of that before?

So you went with the our faults are Putin's excuse's route. The thing is though that geopolitics is a lot more complicated than X country did these bad things philosophy.

Meanwhile, do you approve of Putins actions in Ukraine?

Apparently we haven’t, judging by the fact that we keep doing it.

Oh look, more nonsense about how how facing facts about what we are doing “helps Putin”.

I’m not sure how many more different ways you want me to say no bud. You apparently don’t have even basic reading comprehension skills.

Hate to break it to you but debunking fearmongering is not “Russian propaganda”.
FFS I was not debunking, I was pointing out that your argument is really just helping Putin. You keep attacking the US and blaming the US for Putin invading Ukraine.

FFS I was not debunking, I was pointing out that your argument is really just helping Putin. You keep attacking the US and blaming the US for Putin invading Ukraine.

And I pointed out that premise is total garbage.

Learn to read my actual posts instead of what you fantasize I’m saying.

Apparently we haven’t, judging by the fact that we keep doing it.

Oh look, more nonsense about how how facing facts about what we are doing “helps Putin”.

I’m not sure how many more different ways you want me to say no bud. You apparently don’t have even basic reading comprehension skills.
So let's look at this thread that we are in.

It is about Russia's plan moving forward. So you decided this was a good place to go on about how you hate the evil US. All about how we did bad things and blah blah blah. You could not sound more in support of Putin's war than if you were on the FSB payroll. Is that your big plan here to deflect as much as possible from the united front against Putin?

So let's look at this thread that we are in.

It is about Russia's plan moving forward. So you decided this was a good place to go on about how you hate the evil US. All about how we did bad things and blah blah blah. You could not sound more in support of Putin's war than if you were on the FSB payroll. Is that your big plan here to deflect as much as possible from the united front against Putin?

If you think that, you clearly can’t read.

I pointed out the fact that the OP had literally just made a thread arguing Russia was bled out, which meant that the premise that they are going to be invading additional countries is nonsensical. I then pointed out the fact that we assumed the Soviets were going to strike West at any second for the better part of five decades but it never happened, because said assumption was always rooted in fearmongering.

If you got “I hate the US and support Putin” out of that, you need to seriously educate yourself.

Your “United front” is a bad joke btw, but that’s another story.

If you think that, you clearly can’t read.

I pointed out the fact that the OP had literally just made a thread arguing Russia was bled out, which meant that the premise that they are going to be invading additional countries is nonsensical. I then pointed out the fact that we assumed the Soviets were going to strike West at any second for the better part of five decades but it never happened, because said assumption was always rooted in fearmongering.

If you got “I hate the US and support Putin” out of that, you need to seriously educate yourself.

Your “United front” is a bad joke btw, but that’s another story.
Putin invades Ukraine: leaves the bodies in the street to terrorize Ukrainians.

Tigerace117: The US are hypocrites!

Putin's war atrocities in Ukraine: Kill them all!

Tigerace117: The US has done bad things too!

-----------

Go ahead keep whining about fearmongering, hypocrites, and my education boy, it just shows how insanely stupid it is for you to keep attacking the US while Putin is still bombing Ukraine civilians. I mean whats your point here to just keep deflecting away from Putins war crimes?

Putin invades Ukraine: leaves the bodies in the street to terrorize Ukrainians.

Tigerace117: The US are hypocrites!

Putin's war atrocities in Ukraine: Kill them all!

Tigerace117: The US has done bad things too!

-----------

Go ahead keep whining about fearmongering, hypocrites, and my education boy, it just shows how insanely stupid it is for you to keep attacking the US while Putin is still bombing Ukraine civilians. I mean whats your point here to just keep deflecting away from Putins war crimes?

Coming from the guy who endlessly howls about how condemning the US doing the EXACT SAME thing we condemn Putin for doing somehow “supports Putin”....that’s a joke.

Gee, that we shouldn’t be helping bomb civilians, no matter how much it triggers you to have to face the fact that it happens. Duh.

Coming from the guy who endlessly howls about how condemning the US doing the EXACT SAME thing we condemn Putin for doing somehow “supports Putin”....that’s a joke.

Gee, that we shouldn’t be helping bomb civilians, no matter how much it triggers you to have to face the fact that it happens. Duh.
FFS its Putin that's bombing civilians in Ukraine, not the US. DO you understand that the war in Ukraine was started by Putin?

If you are concerned about what the US does during war start your own thread, quit derailing this one with your bullshit lame fallacious debate tactics. This thread is about Russia's next move not about how you keep whining about the US.

Back
Top Bottom