• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Head start Vs katrina

kmhowe72

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Head start the fed. funded pre school is in danger of being sent back to the house to be cut again. The budget passed couple of weeks ago. but because of the hurricanes it's being sent back for more cuts. Should we let our children suffer because GB and his cronnies don't want to alinate the very people they reliey on to fund there campiagns. Let the rich get taxed. If this passed. I am going to makesure I vote dem in and repulicans out.

kmhowe72 said:
Should we let our children suffer because GB and his cronnies don't want to alinate the very people they reliey on to fund there campiagns.

I wonder how much of a cut is being instituted. Is it cutting the rate
of growth (not a true cut)? Or is this one of those sacred cows which
can never be cut, always expanding at 2 to 100 times the rate of inflation?

There are ever few if any cuts in federal spending. Check out the OMB
website. You can d/l the federal budgets for the last decade or so. Check
out education spending... it has never been cut.

Back
Top Bottom