• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'He shot himself in the foot': Seniors repelled by Trump’s pandemic response

Independent? Look at your username lately?

And your "political leaning" says Conservative.

As Mike Ditka often asked: "Who are you crapping?"

You have to be confused to vote for Trump.

You're good at posting opinion pieces, but what about hard numbers?
How's this?
Deaths per million
USA- 692
Canada-261

Cases per million
USA- 26,430
Canada-5,621

Deaths previous 24 hours
USA- 903
Canada-26

Course, you could always just parrot that conspiracy nonsense about car accidents counted as Covid deaths, I guess.

This senior is very impressed with Trumps response to the pandemic and has been since the pandemic began. I will proudly vote to re-elect President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. And as an independent, I will for the first time in decades vote a straight republican ticket.

What part of Trumps response impresses you?

Give us some fresh impressive Trump pandemic response. Lets avoid the “He shut down travel from China” nonsense since that clearly wasn’t effective. Lets also avoid the “He had a bunch of ventilators built” nonsense since they turned out to be less useful than once thought.

He‘s clearly not good at predicting things.

No, but he didn't exactly do a good job responding to the COVID pandemic, seeing as he killed 6K+ nursing home residents with his "Put COVID patients in the same building with the elderly" policy.
propaganda bullshit. Where EXACTLY do you think the funds would come from, to pay for a private cottage and servants, for the old folks in old folk homes? You guys dont even care about being true, all you care about is blaming everyone but yourselves.

There was a plan, to fund those facilities, but Trump and Jared burned it. YOUR ****ing faults.

What part of Trumps response impresses you?

All of it. Starting with out quickly he cranked up the private sector to build ventilators, PPE, masks, etc, how quickly he cranked up the private sector research and big pharma to start development of vaccines, how closely he worked with state governors and provided them with what they needed, as well as how quickly he shut down travel from China and Europe while your girlfriend Nasty Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden were referring to him as hysterical and xenophobic for doing so.

Give us some fresh impressive Trump pandemic response. Lets avoid the “He shut down travel from China” nonsense since that clearly wasn’t effective. Lets also avoid the “He had a bunch of ventilators built” nonsense since they turned out to be less useful than once thought.

Bring us some fresh stuff.

You do not get to decide whether or not ventilators are part of the discussion. The ventilators obviously could not save every patient on deaths door, however they did save quite a few. Governor Andrew Cuomo. Ask other nations the USA also supplied when asked for emergency shipment of ventilators. As for you suggestion that shutting down travel from China was not effective....that's utter partisan motivated nonsense. Without shutting down travel from China and Europe when he did, that roughly 225,000 US death toll would have likely reached the 2 million deaths that the medical community and lamestream media predicted. I will also add that Trump getting control of illegal immigration at our southern borders likely prevented an even worse scenario.

He‘s clearly not good at predicting things.

Considering that your side predicted all the way up to election night that Trump had a roughly 16%% chance of winning the 2016 election, I'll take your statement with a grain of salt.

Your entire post is a lie. You are just repeating a phony DNC narrative that Trump kept the seriousness of the pandemic secret at any point. He did not .I remember all of the press conferences going all the way back to the beginning. Nothing was played down. He did report it in a way not to create panic. That's just common sense. It was democrats like Nasty Nancy Pelosi and Beijing Joe Biden who played down the seriousness of the pandemic. Nasty Nancy taunted Trump with a publicity stunt in Chinatown to mock him for shutting down travel from China. And Beijing Joe claimed Trump was hysterical and xenophobic for shutting down travel from China.

What planet are you on? Trump himself is heard on record with Bob Woodward saying he played it down and continues to do so. Are you calling Trump a liar? Get with the program or get off the Trump train. The last thing Trump needs right now is fools who can't even keep up with the latest Trump lies.

What planet are you on? Trump himself is heard on record with Bob Woodward saying he played it down and continues to do so. Are you calling Trump a liar? Get with the program or get off the Trump train. The last thing Trump needs right now is fools who can't even keep up with the latest Trump lies.
I'm pretty sure that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity don't talk about that.

Or they attack Woodward.

If you were not so hyperpartisan, you would understand the context of what Trump said both to Bob Woodward and the American people. Trump did not hold anything back on how serious the virus was known to be. I watched all of the press conferences. What he did not do was run around in circles like a chicken with it's head cut off and create a panic. He was and is a leader. Bob Woodward ofcourse did not care about context. The old boy just wanted to sell his book. Sensationalizing a story does sell books. Trump has told no lies on the pandemic.

So you liked it when Trump lied to you - repeatedly? He knew this virus was bad news from the get-go. And you liked it when he kept you in the dark? That's the way you want your president to operate? Keep you ignorant of the truth because you are better off that way. Trump was looking out for your best interests.
Trump supporters are like mushrooms: they come out at night, like to be kept in the dark, and live best in manure.

All of it. Starting with out quickly he cranked up the private sector to build ventilators, PPE, masks, etc, how quickly he cranked up the private sector research and big pharma to start development of vaccines, how closely he worked with state governors and provided them with what they needed, as well as how quickly he shut down travel from China and Europe while your girlfriend Nasty Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden were referring to him as hysterical and xenophobic for doing so.

You do not get to decide whether or not ventilators are part of the discussion. The ventilators obviously could not save every patient on deaths door, however they did save quite a few. Governor Andrew Cuomo. Ask other nations the USA also supplied when asked for emergency shipment of ventilators. As for you suggestion that shutting down travel from China was not effective....that's utter partisan motivated nonsense. Without shutting down travel from China and Europe when he did, that roughly 225,000 US death toll would have likely reached the 2 million deaths that the medical community and lamestream media predicted. I will also add that Trump getting control of illegal immigration at our southern borders likely prevented an even worse scenario.

Considering that your side predicted all the way up to election night that Trump had a roughly 16%% chance of winning the 2016 election, I'll take your statement with a grain of salt.

I don't have a side. I use common sense and call things as I see them. I lean Conservative.

You used exactly the arguments I knew you would. That's all you have and you're wrong. Be an individual. Stop being a Fox, Trump and Breitbart sponge. Stop living in March.

I asked you to bring some fresh Trump good C19 work but you can't.

Trump is not good at predicting things is he? How can you support someone who got things so wrong at such a crucial time?

If you were not so hyperpartisan, you would understand the context of what Trump said both to Bob Woodward and the American people. Trump did not hold anything back on how serious the virus was known to be. I watched all of the press conferences. What he did not do was run around in circles like a chicken with it's head cut off and create a panic. He was and is a leader. Bob Woodward ofcourse did not care about context. The old boy just wanted to sell his book. Sensationalizing a story does sell books. Trump has told no lies on the pandemic.

You never actually heard the Woodward tapes, did you? Trump himself says he held back how bad this virus is.
While he was telling America it was no worse than the seasonal flu, he admits he knew it was far more deadly than the flu. He lied to the American people. He lied to YOU.

To quote Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon: Kiss me. I like being kissed when I'm getting ****ed.

donald-trump-senior-citizens-01-gty-llr-201022_1603402203166_hpMain_16x9_384.jpg

Seniors always vote, and are usually more conservative than liberal goes the political wisdom.

Trump has squandered what was perhaps his most trusty reservoir of dependable voters.
Trump is beating Biden in Florida with seniors.

And millions who are starting to not?

Are you getting that from the same opinion polls that told you the hildabeast would be elected president in 2016?

You never actually heard the Woodward tapes, did you? Trump himself says he held back how bad this virus is.
While he was telling America it was no worse than the seasonal flu, he admits he knew it was far more deadly than the flu. He lied to the American people. He lied to YOU.

To quote Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon: Kiss me. I like being kissed when I'm getting ****ed.
I did hear the tapes. However unlike you, I understood the context of what Trump said, based on what was and was not known about the virus at the time. Trump acted, while your democrat friends did the following:

2016 is not 2020
It is if you failed to learn from 2016....which appears to be the case. You are still largely depending on registered voter national opinion polls that are using the same polling methods they did in 2016.

It is if you failed to learn from 2016....which appears to be the case. You are still largely depending on registered voter national opinion polls that are using the same polling methods they did in 2016.

Either way, Trump barley won in 2016

You think Trump is the greatest thing since slice bread

Why isn't he just blowing the doors off in polls?

Back
Top Bottom