• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

He downplayed ... No wait! He up played the virus, Yeah, that's the ticket!

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Any Trumpsters having difficulty keeping up with Trump these days?
I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward in mid-March. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.

Apparently, Trump realized that sounded kind of bad, what with 200,000 and counting dead so far from the virus. What to do, what to do ...

I've got it! Just say the opposite!

I didn't downplay it. I actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action. My action was very strong."

Yup, that's gonna fix it!

OK, all you Trumpsters! The word of the day is "up-played." Now get out there and celebrate in massive crowds how Trump saved so many lives by "up-playing" the virus.

Apparently, Trump realized that sounded kind of bad, what with 200,000 and counting dead so far from the virus. What to do, what to do ...

OK, all you Trumpsters! The word of the day is "up-played." Now get out there and celebrate in massive crowds how Trump saved so many lives by "up-playing" the virus.

Trump is flailing, he's grasping at straws, searching for a message and each day he wakes up to a new, self inflicted rake handle in the face. :)

Conservatives and Trump enablers via spin from FoxNews coming into the thread to defend Trump using this "up-playing" nonsense in 5... 4... 3...

Let me get this straight... He downplayed it verbally to the public because he didn't want to create a panic, but as far as his actions went, he did the opposite and they were strong.

So what is it exactly that you're bitching about?

Stupid liberal prediction of what conservatives will say with obligatory timer in 5, 4, 3, 2...

We're going to get through the pandemic even without a vaccine. We're going to do it with herd mentality.

Let me get this straight... He downplayed it verbally to the public because he didn't want to create a panic, but as far as his actions went, he did the opposite and they were strong.

The part where he is full of ****, I thought that was obvious,

Look, Grim17 is lying to defend Trump like always. Like when he defended Trump from sexual assault allegations, claimed he did not do so, demanded proof, received proof that he had defended Trump from his 25 sexual assault allegations, then ran away spitting insults.

Clue: Trump did not have any "strong" actions. He lied. The problem is that he downplayed COVID while puttering around not doing what countries like SK did, and thus the virus exploded in the states, killing nearly 200,000 Americans.

But Trumpists hate America and want to destroy it (what else can anyone think at this point, given their approval of this mass tragedy?), so you cheer him on for getting us killed. Thanks, Trumpist.

Stupid liberal prediction of what conservatives will say with obligatory timer in 5, 4, 3, 2...

It must chap your ass that non-Trumpists know what a Trumpist will say before the Trumpist says it, huh? Must suck being that predictable. Perhaps try thinking from yourself, rather than taking your marching orders from Trump's colon as translated by Hannity and Carlson.

You mean like holding indoor rallies with thousands of Trumpsters with no social distancing and no masks? Where people died as a result? That was "strong"?

Back
Top Bottom