• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hawaiian Pizza or Toast Hawaii - what do you prefer?

Hawaiian Pizza or Toast Hawaii - what do you prefer?

• I do not like Toast Hawaii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know Hawaiian Pizza

• I do not like Toast Hawaii

• I do not like pine-apples

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Some Info:

Sam Panopoulos, a Greek-born Canadian, created the first Hawaiian pizza at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada in 1962. Inspired in part by his experience preparing Chinese dishes which commonly mix sweet and savory flavours, Panopoulos experimented with adding pineapple, ham, bacon and other toppings. These additions were not initially very popular.[7][8][9][10][11]

The addition of pineapple to the traditional mix of tomato sauce and cheese, and sometimes with ham or bacon, soon became popular locally and eventually became a staple offering of pizzerias around the world.[12] Panopoulos chose the name Hawaiian after the brand of canned pineapple they used.

and:

In Germany, Hawaiian pizza is thought to be a variation of the ham, pineapple and cheese-topped Toast Hawaii, originally introduced by Germany's first TV cook Clemens Wilmenrod in 1955.

[Video]

Once again.
Instead of "Lily the Pink" I now sing and say:

We' ll drink a drink
to Clemens Wilmenrod,
the Saviour of
the human race.

For he invented
Toast Hawaii
most applicatious
in every case!

Hawaiian poke, Hawaiian coffee, Hawaiian islands, Hawaiian luau...looks like I am.

Man, Hawaiian coffee is good. That is about the only thing I miss about the place.
But then: any fresh roasted and ground coffee is good to one degree or another I guess.
But Kona beans.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Pineapple on Ham is good - but didn't exactly make it to Christopher Columbus' A-List.

History of Pineapple on Ham:
The saga of how pineapple found its way to ham begins all the way back on November 4, 1493, when Columbus made his second voyage to the “New World,” landing on what is now the island of Guadalupe. Columbus was pissed to find, instead of gold or silver, pineapples. Gonzalo Fernández de Oviedo, author of the first comprehensive history of Spanish America (and whose description and photo of pineapple would be the first ever in print, years later), was kinder, calling the fruit the most beautiful “of any fruits I’ve seen.” Pineapples made Columbus’s return trip back to Spain to be presented to Isabella and Ferdinand, who, according to Pineapple: A Global History, declared it his favorite.​

2 out of 2 say now: I like Hawaiian Pizza :)

The Italians will not be pleased with it :)
- nor will other European snobs who think Pizza Hawaii were not "gastronomically correct". :cool:

Man, Hawaiian coffee is good. That is about the only thing I miss about the place.
But then: any fresh roasted and ground coffee is good to one degree or another I guess.
But Kona beans.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Fresh roasted Kona. You had to, you just had to, didn't ya?

[Video]

Here you can see a Hawaii Toast

There's no such thing as a Hawaiian Pizza and there's no such thing as a Hawaiian Toast either.

And Clemens Wilmenrod was not a cook.

Thread solved.

Hawaiian pizza is an abomination
Does it says so in the biblical Bible?
Is it an abomination in the eyes of the LORD?

Has Jesus never ejoyed a pizza with thoses precious apples of the pine?

:)

And what about Toast Hawaii?
Is it also a satanic or pagan thing?

May evangelical fundamentalists of and in the United States of America not enjoy a good German Toast Hawaii?

How To Make Hawaiian Pizza - Easy Ham And Pineapple Pizza Recipe​

Let us drink a drink to Clemens Wilmenrod, the inventor of the "Toast Hawaii!" :)

Clemens Wilmenrod (July 24, 1906 – April 12, 1967) was the first German television cook. His pseudonym was derived from the municipality Willmenrod in the Westerwald region, where he was born as Carl Clemens Hahn.[1] Wilmenrod is considered the inventor of Toast Hawaii, "Arabian Horseman's Delight" (mincemeat with onions) and "stuffed strawberry" (strawberry stuffed with an almond).[2] He is also credited with making Rumtopf popular in Southern and Western Germany, and with introducing turkey as a typical Christmas dinner.[3]

Wilmenrod was not a trained chef, but had studied as an actor and had an acting career before becoming the star of his television program.[4]

From February 20, 1953, to May 16, 1964, he starred in Bitte in zehn Minuten zu Tisch on WDR television, assisted by his wife Erika, and provided his audience with suggestions for creative cooking in 185 broadcasts. Wilmenrod, also known as "Don Clemente", wore a trademark apron with a caricature by Mirko Szewczuk.[5]

The dishes presented were characterized by the general scarcity of the post-war period, and Wilmenrod was not ashamed to use canned vegetables, instant sauces, and even ketchup. While this may not measure up to the current state of the culinary art, he had a great influence on the post-war generation in Germany: his programmes and cookbooks were blockbusters, and when he presented a cod recipe, for instance, cod would be sold out for weeks.

In one memorable incident, after being accused by a viewer of not having invented the "filled strawberry" himself, Wilmenrod put a long cook's knife against his chest and swore to kill himself if a single viewer who had previously eaten filled strawberry were to call.

"woke" people will probably never enjoy a Hawaiian pizza.

Does it says so in the biblical Bible?
Is it an abomination in the eyes of the LORD?

Has Jesus never ejoyed a pizza with thoses precious apples of the pine?

:)
I'm an Italian from NYC who made pizzas in a real NYC pizzeria as a kid for a couple of years. I know pizza. Believe me a pineapple pizza is an offense to nature. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom