• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hawaiian Pizza or Toast Hawaii - what do you prefer?

Hawaiian Pizza or Toast Hawaii - what do you prefer?

• I do not like Toast Hawaii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know Hawaiian Pizza

• I do not like Toast Hawaii

• I do not like pine-apples

• Total voters
@ about that Pizza-Pineapple-Conflict:

Nearly two years after the president of Iceland drew Canada's ire with his disparaging comments about pineapple pizza, Gudni Johannesson says he regrets his off-the-cuff remarks.

During a visit to a local high school in February 2017, Johannesson responded to a student's question about pizza by saying he was fundamentally opposed to the fruit topping and that he would like to ban it.

The comment sparked international debate about the so-called Hawaiian pizza, the invention of southern Ontario restaurateur Sam Panopoulos, who died in June 2017 at the age of 82.

"That's where the influence of this office sort of, yeah, got the better of me," Johannesson told As It Happens host Carol Off during an interview for the show's 50th anniversary, in which he reflected on the divisive saga. "I went a step too far."

#TeamPineapple
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau weighed in at the time, issuing a tweet in which he declared himself a member "#TeamPineapple" and stated his support for "this delicious Southwestern Ontario creation."

Even Panopoulos himself entered the fray.

In a February 2017 interview with As It Happens, the famed pizzamaker said of the president: "He should know better. I'm sure he is a lot younger than I am and I was doing pizza when I was a young guy, you know what I mean?"

Somebody said: "Boris Palmer is the Pizza Hawaii of Germany!"
Why?
Because you can't have a neutral opinion about him. Either you are for him - or you are against him.

So only 1 out of 3 says: I like Toast Hawaii"?

It has been said:
Either you love "Pizza Hawaii" or you hate "Pizza Hawaii" - but you cannot ignore Pizza Hawaii. :)

Back
Top Bottom