• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hawaii should gain independence from USA ?

Hawaii should gain independence from USA ?

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
lets be honest now!!

Last edited:
Re: USA should gain independence from USA ?

can a mod edit the title ,somehow an error occured while I was making the poll and I couldn't change

Of course not, why would they want to?

No. Absolutely silly premise. They have nothing to gain, nothing.

Of course not, why would they want to?

I may agree with you connery ,I just start such threads to see how some others view these kind of issues from an objective perspective

people dont want to see their country divided ,naturally ...I hope they understand me

Can a mod edit the title? Somehow an error occurred while I was making the poll and I couldn't change it.

Slow down a bit buddy..

The US should be broken up into 1000+ city states

People don't want to see their country divided, naturally... I hope they understand me.

Well, maybe Texas should, but why Hawaii?

I am not as imperialist as teh westerners ,and it is not located in the continent either

I am not as imperialist as the westerners are, and it is not located in the continent either.

I may be wrong, but I think being part of the USA is a great benefit to them. USA citizenship is a pretty nice thing to have..

I may be wrong, but I think being part of the USA is a great benefit to them. USA citizenship is a pretty nice thing to have..

You should punctuate your own words I think.

The original government of Hawaii was overthrown and they were annexed by us against their will.
They should definitely have the option, although I don't think it would be good for them at this point.

The original government of Hawaii was overthrown and they were annexed by us against their will.
They should definitely have the option, although I don't think it would be good for them at this point.

Who is "them" anyway? Native Hawaiians make up less than 10% of the population at this point.

Who is "them" anyway? Native Hawaiians make up less than 10% of the population at this point.

Yea but based on historical precedence, they (Hawaiians) should probably have the choice.
Again though, I don't think it would work out well for them at this point.

Texas should annex Hawaii just like they did Mexico. ;)

Greetings, foadi. :2wave:

Since they are State of the US now, wouldn't they be seceding if they left, like any other State?

I dunno...ask Hawaiians.

It's a state, there is no right to secession.

Absurd question.

I mean, what about Kansas' independence? Since we're at this......smh.

Greetings, foadi. :2wave:

Since they are State of the US now, wouldn't they be seceding if they left, like any other State?

Yes and history is a lesson to what happens to secessionists.

And a "new" country having a wonderful deep water port in the south pacific would defend itself how? Muskets and spears? A few F4's?

And a "new" country having a wonderful deep water port in the south pacific would defend itself how? Muskets and spears? A few F4's?

Defend themselves from whom? The world is not full of rapacious predators, especially not those who covet a deep-water port 2,000 miles away from the US and 3,000 miles from Japan. You paranoid, brah?

This is going to have something to do with the Kurds I just know it.

This is going to have something to do with the Kurds I just know it.

Clearly this is inspired by some other unknown conversation. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom