• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Having trouble uploading pics

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
For some reason, for the past few weeks, I can't upload pics from my computer to the site. I haven't changed anything with my computer, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

For some reason, for the past few weeks, I can't upload pics from my computer to the site. I haven't changed anything with my computer, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Is it returning any specific errors? Working fine, but no picture shows?

Is it returning any specific errors? Working fine, but no picture shows?

No message. I just can't load the pics. when I try to click on "upload file", there is no response or action.

No message. I just can't load the pics. when I try to click on "upload file", there is no response or action.

It may be your browser if you cannot even get into your directory in the first place.

Is it possible that your directory is full?

Go to your User Control Panel, and click on Attachments (under Miscellaneous on the left side of the page, near the bottom) and see if you have a load of images already loaded there. If so, delete them, and try again.

Is it possible that your directory is full?

Go to your User Control Panel, and click on Attachments (under Miscellaneous on the left side of the page, near the bottom) and see if you have a load of images already loaded there. If so, delete them, and try again.

I'll try that- thanks!

I noticed some that I had on my visitor pages aren't showing. Normally they are there as they were saved on. Plus yesterday it was like any large pics wouldn't even stay up but for a few minutes. Then turned into a lil Black box.

Even some smaller ones too. I have rebooted and cleared. Still can't figure it out.

The attachment manager in vBulletin is notoriously temperamental and I haven't found any consistency with why it's that way.

For posting images I recommend just using the [img]image url[/img] tags. Keep in mind that one of the reasons an image may not load is because of embedded copyright data so it's a good idea make sure of what you're posting.

Another option is to upload selected images to a Photobucket (or similar) account and link from there. The asset manager seems to handle that better than anything else.

I've had that happen to. Then other times it does it without a hitch. Luther mentioned photobucket... I used to use that, it's pretty good for off site .jpg storage.

I've had that happen to. Then other times it does it without a hitch. Luther mentioned photobucket... I used to use that, it's pretty good for off site .jpg storage.

Yeah, Photobucket works great and if you're using FF (probably other browsers too) there is an app available that allows you to right click on an image and upload it directly. It comes in really handy for those times you find an image you want to use but it's something like 2500x1750 and you need to shrink it before you can use it.

Yeah, Photobucket works great and if you're using FF (probably other browsers too) there is an app available that allows you to right click on an image and upload it directly. It comes in really handy for those times you find an image you want to use but it's something like 2500x1750 and you need to shrink it before you can use it.

That's annoying as all hell. I hate when it goes through the entire process and you get the "file image is too large" error.

The attachment manager in vBulletin is notoriously temperamental and I haven't found any consistency with why it's that way.

For posting images I recommend just using the [img]image url[/img] tags. Keep in mind that one of the reasons an image may not load is because of embedded copyright data so it's a good idea make sure of what you're posting.

Another option is to upload selected images to a Photobucket (or similar) account and link from there. The asset manager seems to handle that better than anything else.

I'm just trying to load images from my computer, that I have taken myself.

I'm just trying to load images from my computer, that I have taken myself.

My preferred way of doingthat is to first upload the images to photobucket and then link to them from there. Photobucket has a really easy to use "drag and drop" interface for uploading images from your computer. Just open the "upload" function, shrink your browser so it shows as a window instead of full screen and then just drag the images from your "pictures" folder to the "upload" box. You can move several at once.

My preferred way of doingthat is to first upload the images to photobucket and then link to them from there. Photobucket has a really easy to use "drag and drop" interface for uploading images from your computer. Just open the "upload" function, shrink your browser so it shows as a window instead of full screen and then just drag the images from your "pictures" folder to the "upload" box. You can move several at once.

One note though...you can't upload/store naughty pics. NOT that I think anyone here would, but wanted to mention that. You know, when you "lift " an image, photobucket is particular about what they consider to be graphic. Even if your album is kept private.

One note though...you can't upload/store naughty pics. NOT that I think anyone here would, but wanted to mention that. You know, when you "lift " an image, photobucket is particular about what they consider to be graphic. Even if your album is kept private.

If you or Lizzie have any naughty images you need stored just send them my way and I'll make sure they're well cared for!

If you or Lizzie have any naughty images you need stored just send them my way and I'll make sure they're well cared for!

Nope, I'm good. :lol:

Heya why am I not having anything coming up on pages 5 and 6 of my visitor pages? All the others are up with what I have on them. Why won't these two pages come up with all that I put there?

Yes.....I have gone thru all the motions on my end? Is it something here that is messing with this?

Heya why am I not having anything coming up on pages 5 and 6 of my visitor pages? All the others are up with what I have on them. Why won't these two pages come up with all that I put there?

Yes.....I have gone thru all the motions on my end? Is it something here that is messing with this?

I haven't been able to resolve the issue with uploading that I have, so I've just been posting pics to photobucket, then linking here.

There may have been an overload due to trying to render 50,000 animated GIF's at once. Something like that can fracture the internet and cause instability in the space/time continuum.

There may have been an overload due to trying to render 50,000 animated GIF's at once. Something like that can fracture the internet and cause instability in the space/time continuum.

:rofl

This is particularly hilarious because, techno-illiterate that I am, you had me completely engrossed and hooked until I saw... "space/time continuum"! Good job! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom