• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Having an abortion is not like going to the dentist!

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face. Radical pro-choice groups are leading women to believe having an abortion is great! It is a simple procedure, easier than getting your teeth cleaned! This is utterly absurd! An abortion is the killing of a living organism. This is an unequivocal fact.

An abortion is not like getting your appendix or tonsils removed. That fetus inside is a living, breathing, unique person inside with an unalienable right to live.

I am not surprised how radical these pro-choice groups are becoming. Recently, this wacko comedian Chelsea Handler wrote an essay, essentially bragging about her two abortions:

When Handler discovered she was pregnant for the first time, she writes, she wasn't scared. On the contrary, she was confident that she could raise the child, and she even considered names for it - a "ridiculous" mindset, she now acknowledges. Her parents, whom she "hated" at the time, took her to get an abortion.

"I felt parented, ironically, while I was getting an abortion," she writes.

After the procedure, she realized it was the right choice. But her relief was short-lived: That same year, her boyfriend got her pregnant again. This time, she had to come up with the money herself. Despite the stress that this involved, Handler writes that she's "grateful" for Roe v. Wade, and that she has no regrets about her decision.

Chelsea Handler reveals she had two abortions in the same year at age 16 - Chicago Tribune

Stories like these are absolutely ridiculous. Pro choice groups fail to tell the fact many women after an abortion suffer severe depression, ptsd-type symptoms, self destructive behavior, an inability to feel pleasure, etc.....

Things like that will happen after experiencing such a horrific event. Just like soldiers in war that witness mass murder and casualty. Physically when they return home, they may be fine however emotionally psychologically, they are never the same.

Last edited:
I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face. Radical pro-choice groups are leading women to believe having an abortion is great!

Absolute horse****, Bucky. Pro-Choicers aren't telling women that having an abortion is "great".

I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face. Radical pro-choice groups are leading women to believe having an abortion is great! It is a simple procedure, easier than getting your teeth cleaned! This is utterly absurd! An abortion is the killing of a living organism. This is an unequivocal fact.

An abortion is not like getting your appendix or tonsils removed. That fetus inside is a living, breathing, unique person inside with an unalienable right to live.

I am not surprised how radical these pro-choice groups are becoming. Recently, this wacko comedian Chelsea Handler wrote an essay, essentially bragging about her two abortions:

Chelsea Handler reveals she had two abortions in the same year at age 16 - Chicago Tribune

Stories like these are absolutely ridiculous. Pro choice groups fail to tell the fact many women after an abortion suffer severe depression, ptsd-type symptoms, self destructive behavior, an inability to feel pleasure, etc.....

Things like that will happen after experiencing such a horrific event. Just like soldiers in war that witness mass murder and casualty. Physically when they return home, they may be fine however emotionally psychologically, they are never the same.

Coming from someone who says that women who've been raped are "losers" I'll take your apparent concern for the well being of women and their reproductive rights with a metric ton of manually extracted sea salt.

Hmm you don't like abortions, but I wonder what your position is on the morning after pill?

That allows a miscarriage within a couple of days after the possibility of fertilization and the woman is never even aware she was pregnant.

No emotional distress. No physical harm. No shaming and second guessing. One pill and done.

Last edited:
Absolute horse****, Bucky. Pro-Choicers aren't telling women that having an abortion is "great".

"Getting unintentionally pregnant more than once is irresponsible, but it's still necessary to make a thoughtful decision," Handler said. "We all make mistakes all the time."

Chelsea Handler reveals she had two abortions as a teen - CNN.com

Look at these words:

"Thoughtful"
"Mistake"
"Unplanned"

Planned Parenthood is like any other business organization. In order to do what's best for business, it is more profitable for women to have more abortions in their mill. Thus, it would be a prudent business decision to encourage women to have abortions.

Morally it is reprehensible. This has nothing to do with women rights. It has everything to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face.

You can keep saying it, but it won't make it magically come true.
Radical pro-choice groups are leading women to believe having an abortion is great!

No, they're not doing that, nor can you demonstrate that they are.
It is a simple procedure, easier than getting your teeth cleaned! This is utterly absurd! An abortion is the killing of a living organism. This is an unequivocal fact.

Fetuses breathe? You'd better alert the media. That's HUGE news!

No, sorry, she simply wasn't bragging in the least. You desperately need her to have done so, for some odd reason, but that's simply you transparently projecting

Chelsea Handler reveals she had two abortions as a teen - CNN.com

Look at these words:

"Thoughtful"
"Mistake"
"Unplanned"

Planned Parenthood is like any other business organization. In order to do what's best for business, it is more profitable for women to have more abortions in their mill. Thus, it would be a prudent business decision to encourage women to have abortions.

Morally it is reprehensible. This has nothing to do with women rights. It has everything to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

A. Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization. Please know what you're talking about before actually talking.
B. Indeed, it has everything to do w/women's rights, your emotional meltdown notwithstanding.

This is good news. I have a dentist appointment coming up, and I wouldn't want him to be confused.

I look at it this way. Abortion is the voluntary termination of life. By the time a woman misses her first period and is at the drugstore buying a home pregnancy kit, there is already a tiny heartbeat. Can you justify stopping it? If you do so out of your own convenience, well I hope there is a special place in hell. Do it because of rape? I say we kill the rapist. The pregnancy may put your life at risk? I think that could be justified, but why does your life come before the baby?
I've been married to the same goddess for 27 of my 46 years and am not on the market. But if I were, I wouldn't touch a woman that killed her baby as a form of birth control.

If it's your body, then it's your vagina, for God sakes get a handle on the thing so we don't have to have this discussion.

Last edited:
This is good news. I have a dentist appointment coming up, and I wouldn't want him to be confused.

Your dentist was going to be so confused about you not having a vagina. Hmmm...this abortion is be hard.

Why doc?

Well, for one, I'm dentist, not an abortion doctor, and for another, you don't have a vagina. Are you sure you're pregnant?

I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face. Radical pro-choice groups are leading women to believe having an abortion is great!

Proof, please.

That fetus inside is a living, breathing, unique person inside with an unalienable right to live.

The only thing true in this sentence is that it is alive. It does not breathe, is not a person and has no rights, let alone a right to life.

Not the majority.

The best scientific evidence published indicates that among adult women who have an unplanned pregnancy the relative risk of mental health problems is no greater if they have a single elective first-trimester abortion than if they deliver that pregnancy. The evidence regarding the relative mental health risks associated with multiple abortions is more equivocal. Positive associations observed between multiple abortions and poorer mental health may be linked to co-occurring risks that predispose a woman to both multiple unwanted pregnancies and mental health problems.

(snip)

Nonetheless, it is clear that some women do experience sadness, grief, and feelings of loss following termination of a pregnancy, and some experience clinically significant disorders, including depression and anxiety. However, the TFMHA reviewed no evidence sufficient to support the claim that an observed association between abortion history and mental health was caused by the abortion per se, as opposed to other factors.

This review identified several factors that are predictive of more negative psychological responses following first-trimester abortion among women in the United States. Those factors included:

Perceptions of stigma, need for secrecy, and low or anticipated social support for the abortion decision;

A prior history of mental health problems;

Personality factors such as low self-esteem and use of avoidance and denial coping strategies; and

Characteristics of the particular pregnancy, including the extent to which the woman wanted and felt committed to it.

Across studies, prior mental health emerged as the strongest predictor of postabortion mental health. Many of these same factors also predict negative psychological reactions to other types of stressful life events, including childbirth, and, hence, are not uniquely predictive of psychological responses following abortion.

Mental Health and Abortion Task Force Report

Your dentist was going to be so confused about you not having a vagina. Hmmm...this abortion is be hard.

Why doc?

Well, for one, I'm dentist, not an abortion doctor, and for another, you don't have a vagina. Are you sure you're pregnant?

I would certainly hope so. But dentists sometimes become preoccupied with making boat payments. I've never known a dentist that didn't have a big power boat. I think it's required.

Hmm you don't like abortions, but I wonder what your position is on the morning after pill?

That allows a miscarriage within a couple of days after the possibility of fertilization and the woman is never even aware she was pregnant.

No emotional distress. No physical harm. No shaming and second guessing. One pill and done.

Better research some of the potential side effects of that drug.

Fetuses breath through the oxygenated blood of their mother, geniuses.

Everything in life has a potential side effect...including life itself.

Cost benefit analysis applies to anything you encounter.

If women went to get an abortion and regularly got plaque removal and fluoride applied to their "woo hoo" regions, I think you'd be seeing some more regular class action lawsuits.

Who in the hell believes having an abortion is great?

Please stop lying.

Have you researched the side effects of gestation and childbirth?

I've taken the MAP, you feel like crap for about 24 hours, sure beats getting knocked up.

Have you researched the side effects of gestation and childbirth?

I've taken the MAP, you feel like crap for about 24 hours, sure beats getting knocked up.

Yea, childbirth Evil. Makes nasty, horrible human beings.

So it's all about the money, eh?

It is about making things comparable by applying the same index. You could as well use Gummi Bears.

So it's all about the money, eh?

Not what I meant.

I used the term "cost benefit analysis" in it's general meaning not simply it's economic meaning. Like "risk benefit," do the benefits outweigh the risks involved.

For example, a cancer operation might save my life but cost me the loss of an arm to stop the cancer from spreading to the rest of my body. Do I consider continued life worth the loss of one arm?

An abortion is the killing of a living organism. This is an unequivocal fact.

Really?
whats the medical procedure called to end pregnancy when the fetus is already dead then? :hint: its called an aboriton

your statement is factually wrong.
If you are going to cry about opinions and people making false claims you might want to make sure your post doing so doesn't have factually inaccurate statements in the very first sentences
I love when OPs instantly fail LMAO

Back
Top Bottom