• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haved you ever wished your mother had aborted you?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Simple question. Have you ever wished that your mother had aborted you instead of giving birth? Why or why not?

Simple question. Have you ever wished that your mother had aborted you instead of giving birth? Why or why not?

There are situations where I had wished I did not exist. Its probably equivelent.

No. My life has been far from easy, and my childhood far from enjoyable, but It's never occurred to me to wish that I had been aborted.

Yes, yes and yes. Without getting too far into it I had a crappy childhood and would've rather been aborted then have to live it.

Roger that, Johnny. Donnie Darko - I gotta see that movie again.

Those who say yes, do you wish you weren't living NOW?

Why are you asking Mellie? Feels rather like you are picking at other people's scabs.

I would have to say this line of questioning is seriously lacking tact.

Last edited:
You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just curious as to how people's minds work in terms of abortion.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just curious as to how people's minds work in terms of abortion.

By potentially rubbing someones nose in their feelings of minimal self worth.. yeah.. very uncool, and seriously lacking tact.

And this is someone who values having his consciousness and loves his 5 senses who has never considered having it any other way, so don't think it is anything personal for me, other than being affronted by the apparent lack of respect the line of questioning shows.

Last edited:

There are days, but I tend to have issues due to the abuse I faced while growing up and the fact that depression runs strongly in my family.

Me? no. Others? Sure.

of course, just in case there's an illiterate sloth with ADHD reading this thread, the entire point of it is for Mellie to go "how do you think the fetus feels" or something to that effect.

My Mom was pregnant with me when she was 15. Rather than think about wishing I was aborted, I am more grateful that I was not.

No, not really. Cause I ain't emo.

Yes, every day. I would give anything to have not suffered my childhood and not been such a bitter disappointment to my family and myself.

Yes. I am alive because I cannot bear the thought of being even more of a disappointment, or failing and becoming a cripple or a vegetable.

My Mom was pregnant with me when she was 15. Rather than think about wishing I was aborted, I am more grateful that I was not.

I was a surprise. My parents thought they were done having babies, but I came along when mom was 25. I had a hard childhood. No abuse or anything....just hard for other reasons that I don't want to discuss here. It's still hard, but I've never wished that my mom had aborted me. On the contrary, it would make life more difficult for my family if I wasn't here.

Yes, every day. I would give anything to have not suffered my childhood and not been such a bitter disappointment to my family and myself.

Yes. I am alive because I cannot bear the thought of being even more of a disappointment, or failing and becoming a cripple or a vegetable.

This brings so many of your statements into a new light for me.

That's the weirdest question ever. Why in the world would I wish my mother had aborted me? Is this question addressed to people whose mother told them she thought about aborting them? Because I honestly don't see how it can be answered by those of us who were wanted from the start.

Now, if you'd asked how I would feel if my mother had ever seriously thought of aborting me when she found out she was pregnant, my first reaction would be to say that I would rather not be born at all than to elicit such complete rejection from the woman carrying me.

That and, even though I'm an atheist, my personal spiritual beliefs tell me that I would have been born anyway, at some point, in another time and another place.

But seriously, your question is certainly not simple by any stretch of the imagination and is extremely difficult to answer when framed within the abortion debate.

That and, even though I'm an atheist, my personal spiritual beliefs tell me that I would have been born anyway, at some point, in another time and another place.

You're an atheist that believes in a soul?

You're an atheist that believes in a soul?

I believe in a lot of things, mac. Just not gods.

That's what pure atheism is, you know? Lack of belief in any deities. Militant atheism, the kind that rejects all spirituality no matter how godless, is not my thing.

I believe in a lot of things, mac. Just not gods.

That's what pure atheism is, you know? Lack of belief in any deities. Militant atheism, the kind that rejects all spirituality no matter how godless, is not my thing.

But you do believe in a soul?

But you do believe in a soul?

Not in the conventional sense, but I do believe in something somewhat similar to what most people usually define as a "soul". Oh, wait! Are you gonna ask me when I think the soul enters the body next? :lol: Because I honestly have no idea, nor do I think it really matters when discussing abortion. You can't kill what I believe in, it just moves on. ;)

Not in the conventional sense, but I do believe in something somewhat similar to what most people usually define as a "soul". Oh, wait! Are you gonna ask me when I think the soul enters the body next? :lol: Because I honestly have no idea, nor do I think it really matters when discussing abortion. You can't kill what I believe in, it just moves on. ;)

Well, no, I wasn't going to ask that. I was just curious, I've never heard an atheist say they believed in a soul is all. I wasn't really pursuing an argument.

Back
Top Bottom