• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you told Trump about your dishwasher?

JMR

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The president claims that many women (notice specific gender) have told him about problems with their dishwashers.

Trump says he'''s heard from women about inefficient dishwashers

This is news to me, my dishwasher is fine, and if it were not I'd call my plumber, and not bother the POTUS.

Has anyone had the dishwasher experiences that Trump claims have been reported to him by WOMEN? Perhaps MEN have different dishwasher experiences?

Well, I seem to have omitted the poll choices:

They were as follows:

1. You press the button and there is an explosion

2. You open it after 5 minutes and steam comes out

3. You have to press the button 12 times

4. You only get 4 drops of water

5. You have no idea, you are not a women and don't use the dishwasher.

Last edited:
The guy is a raving lunatic lol.

Non compos mentis

"There's plenty of water. We need monster flush toilets, mega flow shower heads and boom steam dishwashers!"

Okay, look, some environmental issues are of questionable significance or ability to mitigate. How bad, when, under what circumstances and for how long are standard questions in evaluating any resource issue.

Our unsustainable rate of water consumption is not in debate. Our aquifers are being depleted at alarming rates. Desalination is not yet feasible. We waste water in agriculture and animal production. We contaminate what little remains.

Conserving water is real thing. It's a matter of national security.

Thanks, Putin.

The president claims that many women (notice specific gender) have told him about problems with their dishwashers.

This is news to me, my dishwasher is fine, and if it were not I'd call my plumber, and not bother the POTUS.

Has anyone had the dishwasher experiences that Trump claims have been reported to him by WOMEN? Perhaps MEN have different dishwasher experiences?

They were as follows:

He's such a ****ing idiot it's almost amazing. It's as if it offends him that appliances use a small fraction of the water as the old ones, far less energy, and IME clean at least as well. I'm not a woman, but I do run the dishwasher most times, and the dishwasher works, is really quiet, and the dishes come out clean, every time....

The best thing that happened in our kitchen in a while was a couple of years ago when the 14 year old version broke and we had to buy a new one. Night and day, all of it an improvement.

At any rate, there's no reason to go back to the old days with dishwashers any more than we need to go back to Model Ts. What's scary is he or his campaign people think this kind of rank stupidity and ignorance is what appeals to the modern GOP voter.

They were as follows:

My dishwasher that is older than I am takes a few more than 5 minutes but it does a fantastic job. I do know a couple people who had electrical issues with the touchpads on their newer machines. I know a LOT of people who complain about low-flow toilets.

Trump on Wednesday also mentioned "electric" — he has complained about energy-efficient light bulbs — and told the crowd "we're bringing back standards that are great."

Trump's administration announced in September it was rolling back requirements for energy-efficient bulbs.

Thanks, Putin.

At any rate, there's no reason to go back to the old days with dishwashers any more than we need to go back to Model Ts. What's scary is he or his campaign people think this kind of rank stupidity and ignorance is what appeals to the modern GOP voter.

That's exactly the point. Why does anyone think this raging stupidity is the sign of a leader? Is wasting water MAGA?

During the mid 70's, the US Army experimented with dishwashers that used sound waves to clean all tableware. Water conservation was the reason, in light of some serious drought conditions. Failed to destroy bacteria and was a heavy duty power consumer. Next were infrared and microwave cleaners. Again, residue remained, and power consumption was prohibitive. Now experimentation is beginning with biodegradable single use wood pulp trays, plates and cups, aka paper plates with sawgrass as the source material. Side benefit, the wood pulp is the residue from ethanol production.

Throw away the good china, paper plates are in.

They were as follows:

I would never call a plumber. I would call the appliance repair firm.

My dishwasher that is older than I am takes a few more than 5 minutes but it does a fantastic job. I do know a couple people who had electrical issues with the touchpads on their newer machines. I know a LOT of people who complain about low-flow toilets.

I had a problem with the touchpad in a refrigerator. Different issue than water conservation.

I have an American Standard high efficiency toilet that flushes golf balls.... don't really believe saving water in this way is a problem.

I know a LOT of people who complain about low-flow toilets.

No, you know a lot of people that have nasty ****s. I have NEVER seen a toilet have to flush 10 times. PERIOD END OF STORY. If you have, please feel free to link the video of it without it being a ****ing anaconda ****.

"There's plenty of water. We need monster flush toilets, mega flow shower heads and boom steam dishwashers!"

Okay, look, some environmental issues are of questionable significance or ability to mitigate. How bad, when, under what circumstances and for how long are standard questions in evaluating any resource issue.

Our unsustainable rate of water consumption is not in debate. Our aquifers are being depleted at alarming rates. Desalination is not yet feasible. We waste water in agriculture and animal production. We contaminate what little remains.

Conserving water is real thing. It's a matter of national security.

Thanks, Putin.

i will just bet you flush that toilet once per week. :roll:

During the mid 70's, the US Army experimented with dishwashers that used sound waves to clean all tableware. Water conservation was the reason, in light of some serious drought conditions. Failed to destroy bacteria and was a heavy duty power consumer. Next were infrared and microwave cleaners. Again, residue remained, and power consumption was prohibitive. Now experimentation is beginning with biodegradable single use wood pulp trays, plates and cups, aka paper plates with sawgrass as the source material. Side benefit, the wood pulp is the residue from ethanol production.

Throw away the good china, paper plates are in.

I'll never throw away the good china. It's gonna stay right in the china cabinet where it's been collecting dust for 20 years!

Don't like paper plates at all. no way

What we need is 15 mpg.

They were as follows:

Solution, do not call Trump to tell him about your crappy water in Michigan. Easy peasy.

Solution, do not call Trump to tell him about your crappy water in Michigan. Easy peasy.

If I lived in Flint I'd call Trump every day. I think he is telling another STRETCHER (lie) about many women telling him about their dishwashers.

Let's take another angle on this. Throwing water conservation under the bus is one thing. But maybe greens should step aside.

A woman has the opportunity to speak with the President of the United States. What does she want to talk about? Her dishwasher. That might be just a little sexist.

If I lived in Flint I'd call Trump every day. I think he is telling another STRETCHER (lie) about many women telling him about their dishwashers.

in a country with 330 million, there are that many loony women to do that to Trump.

Was it a crap complaint or a actual wives complaint that Trump spoke of lousy water in dishwashers?

Trump CLAIMED that many WOMEN have reported to him that their dishwashers no longer explode when you push the button, and they only get 4 drops of water. Do you think he would make that up??????

Back
Top Bottom