• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you noticed some left wing media pundits are advocating American troops in direct conflict with Russia?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What the hell, commies? Are you effing crazy?
I'm a baby boomer and still remember the threat of nuclear holocaust. .
Do you?

Do you?

So your solution is to what? Seriously, what is your "glorious" solution that would solve this problem?

So your solution is to what? Seriously, what is your "glorious" solution that would solve this problem?
My solution is don't corner that crazy bastard into doing something stupid.

That isn't a solution, that is to let him do whatever he wants. How does that solve anything?
Not everything he wants. If he moves on a NATO country, we must respond.
He knows that.

Do you?

I agree with you on this. Joe is handling this flawlessly. Keeping us out of ww3 while supporting eastern Europe.
And yes, way too many big hearted but stupid fools, media and on the street, are making way to much noise about start ww3.

Weeks ago I posted a thread that I had already had my fill with Zelensky. Why he is enabled by so many countries to try to drag us into ww3 ill never understand.

Do you?

Did Fox order a 180? You were squawking about "Russia" being "fake." You were squawking about Biden being "weak on Russia."

It's really stupid.

Did Fox order a 180? You were squawking about "Russia" being "fake." You were squawking about Biden being "weak on Russia."

It's really stupid.
yep, he finally came around to the dem position.

It's really stupid.
I'm not sure this strategy came from Joe, but hey, if it did, good on him.
It was more likely more cognitive people at the pentagon, but he did take their advice.

My solution is don't corner that crazy bastard into doing something stupid.
With all due respect, Putin already did something pretty stupid and the reason he did it this time is because nobody pushed back when he did it before.

I certainly don't recommend putting US troops with Ukrainian troops on the front lines but I ABSOLUTELY believe that outside nations, including the US, need to establish air fields in Ukraine for the purpose of general supply, military supply and evacuations as necessary. We also need to establish and secure air corridors to those bases and if Russian planes attack those corridors we need to defend them. I'm also not the least bit opposed to putting Patriot batteries, along with US crews, in neighboring nations and on the bases I talked about earlier to beef up that defense.

Internationally I think we need to patrol the Aegean entrance to the Dardanelles and the Gulf of Finland entrance to the Baltic with the intent of excluding ALL Russian traffic. If Russia wants to move stuff by sea they can do it from the Pacific. Putin is simply too big a threat to eastern Europe and the Mediterranean to allow him access. Sanctions simply don't do a damned thing and unless he gets the message loud and clear that we don't tolerate what he's doing now and won't tolerate anything beyond what he's doing now he'll just keep on being a punk. Maybe, if we put enough squeeze on him, one of his own people will take him out and start working on how to make this all right.

We're "commies" for wanting to attack a country with a long history of communism.

Go look up irony in the dictionary...

The only thing I'm attacking grandpappy on is the "doing nothing" part. There is nothing good that would come out of us directly involving US troops in Ukraine against Russia. In that I agree with him.

With all due respect, Putin already did something pretty stupid and the reason he did it this time is because nobody pushed back when he did it before.

I certainly don't recommend putting US troops with Ukrainian troops on the front lines but I ABSOLUTELY believe that outside nations, including the US, need to establish air fields in Ukraine for the purpose of general supply, military supply and evacuations as necessary. We also need to establish and secure air corridors to those bases and if Russian planes attack those corridors we need to defend them. I'm also not the least bit opposed to putting Patriot batteries, along with US crews, in neighboring nations and on the bases I talked about earlier to beef up that defense.

Internationally I think we need to patrol the Aegean entrance to the Dardanelles and the Gulf of Finland entrance to the Baltic with the intent of excluding ALL Russian traffic. If Russia wants to move stuff by sea they can do it from the Pacific. Putin is simply too big a threat to eastern Europe and the Mediterranean to allow him access. Sanctions simply don't do a damned thing and unless he gets the message loud and clear that we don't tolerate what he's doing now and won't tolerate anything beyond what he's doing now he'll just keep on being a punk. Maybe, if we put enough squeeze on him, one of his own people will take him out and start working on how to make this all right.

Establish airfields in Ukraine? Wtf????

Insanity. Ukraine is not in NATO and not in our sphere. It would be nuts to do as you suggest. Completely irrational.
Shoot at Russia planes?

Honest, wtf? Honest.
This post is insanely ridiculous.

Beyond belief that you would launch such an advocacy.

Not that it much matters in an all out nuclear war, but the United States Navy has more “Boomers” that carry more ICBM’s.

Yes, but if the lunatic sees himself being flash fried, he might not care.

Establish airfields in Ukraine? Wtf????

Insanity. Ukraine is not in NATO and not in our sphere. It would be nuts to do as you suggest. Completely irrational.
Shoot at Russia planes?

Honest, wtf? Honest.
This post is insanely ridiculous.

Beyond belief that you would launch such an advocacy.
So, if I'm reading you correctly, you don't care for my plan?

Wow. I'm kind of crushed.

Nobody has ever disagreed with me before.

Well, anyway, what we're doing now isn't working and what we did in the past isn't working so that kind of gives us two options:
1. We can keep doing what we're doing and deal with the fallout from that
2. We can try something likely to be more effective and deal with the fallout from THAT!

I'd suggest that the policies we're using now got us into WWII and the fallout from that was pretty damned bad. We got a taste of that kind of thing with the reports from Bucha. We let Saddam off the hook in 1991 and that played a big part in what happened on 2003. After that we backed off again and got ISIS. This idea of appeasement hasn't turned out very good results EVER. We don't need to go whole hog in Ukraine but a little slice of meat to go with the appeasement potatoes kind of rounds out the meal.

So, if I'm reading you correctly, you don't care for my plan?

Wow. I'm kind of crushed.

Nobody has ever disagreed with me before.

Well, anyway, what we're doing now isn't working and what we did in the past isn't working so that kind of gives us two options:
1. We can keep doing what we're doing and deal with the fallout from that
2. We can try something likely to be more effective and deal with the fallout from THAT!

I'd suggest that the policies we're using now got us into WWII and the fallout from that was pretty damned bad. We got a taste of that kind of thing with the reports from Bucha. We let Saddam off the hook in 1991 and that played a big part in what happened on 2003. After that we backed off again and got ISIS. This idea of appeasement hasn't turned out very good results EVER. We don't need to go whole hog in Ukraine but a little slice of meat to go with the appeasement potatoes kind of rounds out the meal.
One word for you. Nukes.

Back
Top Bottom