• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you noticed some left wing media pundits are advocating American troops in direct conflict with Russia?

Do you see what my avatar says? America First Populist.
Ukraine is a travesty. Should we cause harm to America for it?
At what point is it worth it? when we are all that is left and he comes for us? Except by that time, he'd have enough land and power to take us.

It's because we were in a thing called the "cold war". They gave their whole economy over to tech.
They lost. But they still have that technology.
Yes, we could out destroy them. But it's not a win.
There is no win.
That tech is very old and they don't have all of it. The Soviet Union fell and many of those countries no longer belong to Russia. The threat is he wants to rejoin them all to the Soviet Union so that he can destroy the US.....clearly you aren't paying attention.

What the hell, commies? Are you effing crazy?
I'm a baby boomer and still remember the threat of nuclear holocaust. .
Do you?
who exactly is saying we should send troops.
I don't follow left wind media.

It isn't necessary that we all think alike to be undivided. A strong nation, one that is truly free, will recognize that a diversity of thought is necessary to achieve lofty goals. Pappy no more seeks to harm this nation or hurt Ukraine that I do but he sees a different path to achieve those things. We may disagree on the method but I don't think either of us disagree on where we want to end up.
Tell that to Pappy who calls anyone who doesn’t agree with him commie lovers and flag burners of which I am neither: Funny that you choose to attack my comments and not his. Very telling indeed.

Do you have any idea what one Russian boomer submarine could do?
Violently shit itself and spring a leak 50 miles from the Siberian coast due to poor maintenance probably.

So, if I'm reading you correctly, you don't care for my plan?

Wow. I'm kind of crushed.

Nobody has ever disagreed with me before.

Well, anyway, what we're doing now isn't working and what we did in the past isn't working so that kind of gives us two options:
1. We can keep doing what we're doing and deal with the fallout from that
2. We can try something likely to be more effective and deal with the fallout from THAT!

I'd suggest that the policies we're using now got us into WWII and the fallout from that was pretty damned bad. We got a taste of that kind of thing with the reports from Bucha. We let Saddam off the hook in 1991 and that played a big part in what happened on 2003. After that we backed off again and got ISIS. This idea of appeasement hasn't turned out very good results EVER. We don't need to go whole hog in Ukraine but a little slice of meat to go with the appeasement potatoes kind of rounds out the meal.

Wrong. You need to be more aware of pre ww2 and today. Anyone who thinks our response the same to Sept 1 1939 is unaware or agenda driven.

Our policy is not working? Wtf??
It sure as hell is working. Russia is retreating. Duh!

What did not work was Trumps policy in Syria. That is why we have the Ukraine problem today.

You seem to not be aware or ignore the fact that Ukraine is not in Nato nor in our sphere.
You seem to make wild assumptions.
You misinterpret history and present dat actions.

In other words, your post is wholly inaccurate and poorly reasoned.

Tell that to Pappy who calls anyone who doesn’t agree with him commie lovers and flag burners of which I am neither: Funny that you choose to attack my comments and not his. Very telling indeed.
I wasn't attacking your comment. I was expressing an opinion.

Wrong. You need to be more aware of pre ww2 and today. Anyone who thinks our response the same to Sept 1 1939 is unaware or agenda driven.

Our policy is not working? Wtf??
It sure as hell is working. Russia is retreating. Duh!

What did not work was Trumps policy in Syria. That is why we have the Ukraine problem today.

You seem to not be aware or ignore the fact that Ukraine is not in Nato nor in our sphere.
You seem to make wild assumptions.
You misinterpret history and present dat actions.

In other words, your post is wholly inaccurate and poorly reasoned.
I realize that I've never been right about anything in my life and I'm thankful that kind, considerate, brilliant folks such as yourself go to such lengths to keep me on the proper path but I have a very hard time understanding how stuff like this About 30 people killed in Russian strike on a packed train station in eastern Ukraine is a sign that Putin is in retreat and that all we are doing is preventing death and destruction. Please forgive me, I get confused easily.

Do you?
you wouldn't understand some people's emotions as we watch trump's "genius" slaughter men, women and children (and churches and such). it's an empathy thing.

but don't worry, we won't send troops on the ground. we're just mad that trump's "genius" is more evil than we thought.

The solution is killing a lot of Russians. We need to kill many many Russians. We need to kill them by the dozen and we need to kill them by the hundreds until Putin runs out of cash. Anyone who thinks talking will work is a ****ing moron.

Why is it worth risking it for Estonia but not for Ukraine?

Estonia is a NATO nation. We are treaty-obligated to defend all of NATO.

Estonia is a NATO nation. We are treaty-obligated to defend all of NATO.

So a piece of paper would make it worth it to have all population centers on the East Coast nuked?

Do you?
Could you please supply a link to those who support boots on the ground?

Do you?
It's more than just left-wing pundits. Frankly it's people from all sides of the political spectrum from many countries. Many people with many different ideas. It's real hard for most people to just watch Putin murder innocent civilians.

Blaming everything on lefties isn't going to work this time around. And why do you feel the need to call us commies? Carlson and Trump are the effing commies.

Why would the risk of nuclear war be lower if Russia attacked a NATO nation rather than a non-NATO nation?
Because they know the rules. They can reverse course without loosing face. Their perceived security isnt being threatened by a new threat. Making it harder for putin to justify nukes in his inner circle.

And even if that proved wrong, it shows they are willing to go to nuclear war if not allowed to take over the world. In which case there is t much alternative. Nuke war is inevitable. We couldn't just let them take over the world.

I realize that I've never been right about anything in my life and I'm thankful that kind, considerate, brilliant folks such as yourself go to such lengths to keep me on the proper path but I have a very hard time understanding how stuff like this About 30 people killed in Russian strike on a packed train station in eastern Ukraine is a sign that Putin is in retreat and that all we are doing is preventing death and destruction. Please forgive me, I get confused easily.

Wow, just ****in wow.

God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom