• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you noticed some left wing media pundits are advocating American troops in direct conflict with Russia?

Buy you don't remember THE holocaust I guess.

Never again?

My wife's maternal ancestors were murdered by Nazis, so ya, I know quite a bit about the Holocaust.

One word for you. Nukes.
We've been dealing with nukes for coming up on 80 years. They aren't something we can ignore, obviously, but if Putin is crazy enough to pull this stunt then worrying about what he'll do with his arsenal is a moot point. The threat of nukes will be there as long as he's around and that's whether he controls Ukraine or not.

We've been dealing with nukes for coming up on 80 years. They aren't something we can ignore, obviously, but if Putin is crazy enough to pull this stunt then worrying about what he'll do with his arsenal is a moot point. The threat of nukes will be there as long as he's around and that's whether he controls Ukraine or not.
One Russian boomer could totally level and glaze over every East coast population center in 5 minutes.
No kidding.

One word for you. Nukes.

And that is why we don't do direct confrontation with US troops against Russia in Ukraine, thank you Joe Biden. However, doing nothing does not stop tyrany. If anything Germany and WWII should have taught you that. I'm not talking about invasion of Ukraine or Russia by the US but doing nothing has NEVER been a solution against Tyrants. There is always a middle, it is not just black and white.

I don't think Putin would use nukes if we defended Ukraine (and never went further) but I still wouldn't want US troops on the ground in Ukraine.

LOL, right wingers can't decide between the two.

Biden isn't attacking Russia? Well, Biden bad, therefore we must attack Russia.

and

Biden bad, therefore Russia good, so we should side with Russia!!!

@Grandpappy

If Russia invaded Estonia, would it be worth it for East Coast population center to be "glazed over" in order to defend Estonia?

With all due respect, Putin already did something pretty stupid and the reason he did it this time is because nobody pushed back when he did it before.

I certainly don't recommend putting US troops with Ukrainian troops on the front lines but I ABSOLUTELY believe that outside nations, including the US, need to establish air fields in Ukraine for the purpose of general supply, military supply and evacuations as necessary. We also need to establish and secure air corridors to those bases and if Russian planes attack those corridors we need to defend them. I'm also not the least bit opposed to putting Patriot batteries, along with US crews, in neighboring nations and on the bases I talked about earlier to beef up that defense.

Internationally I think we need to patrol the Aegean entrance to the Dardanelles and the Gulf of Finland entrance to the Baltic with the intent of excluding ALL Russian traffic. If Russia wants to move stuff by sea they can do it from the Pacific. Putin is simply too big a threat to eastern Europe and the Mediterranean to allow him access. Sanctions simply don't do a damned thing and unless he gets the message loud and clear that we don't tolerate what he's doing now and won't tolerate anything beyond what he's doing now he'll just keep on being a punk. Maybe, if we put enough squeeze on him, one of his own people will take him out and start working on how to make this all right.
I agree with this. He waves his nuke card like he already won the game. Putin shouldn't be allowed to rule the entire world by fear. We need to tighten down while he's retreating a bit, and bring it home or it will last years.

What the hell, commies? Are you effing crazy?
I'm a baby boomer and still remember the threat of nuclear holocaust. .
Do you?
How about a link or something to demonstrate what you're talking about. Who's argument for "boots on the ground"?

@Grandpappy

If Russia invaded Estonia, would it be worth it for East Coast population center to be "glazed over" in order to defend Estonia?

Estonia is a NATO country. We have a treaty. Putin knows we have a treaty.
It's a gamble. Hopefully the lunatic will back off. First strike?
God, I hope not.

Estonia is a NATO country. We have a treaty. Putin knows we have a treaty.
It's a gamble. Hopefully the lunatic will back off. First strike?
God, I hope not.

So signing an piece of paper is the only thing that makes you okay with being nuked for defending that country?

You didn’t answer my question: if Russia invaded Estonia, would it be worth it to defend them if it meant every East Coast population center getting nuked?

Do you see what my avatar says? America First Populist.
Ukraine is a travesty. Should we cause harm to America for it?

What do you do when parody parodies itself accidentally? Weep? Then think about voters?

What the hell, commies? Are you effing crazy?
I'm a baby boomer and still remember the threat of nuclear holocaust. .
Do you?
Haven't seen any pundits advocate that. I have seen right wing Fox News pundit Tucker Carlson side with Russia. Seems a lot worse if you ask me.

Do you see what my avatar says? America First Populist.
Ukraine is a travesty. Should we cause harm to America for it?

Should we cause harm to America if Russia invaded Estonia?

One Russian boomer could totally level and glaze over every East coast population center in 5 minutes.
No kidding.
And he can do that because we established safe air corridors in Ukraine or he could do it because he had an incomplete BM in the morning.

I don't think Putin would use nukes if we defended Ukraine (and never went further) but I still wouldn't want US troops on the ground in Ukraine.
The troops wouldn't necessarily need to be US but whoever they are they damned well should have US support.

The troops wouldn't necessarily need to be US but whoever they are they damned well should have US support.

Well technically they do now since we are supporting Ukrainians with military weapons. That hasn't stopped Putin.

Back
Top Bottom