• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you met any real-life Trump supporters?

I don't know a single person from real life who would vote for Trump. (Obviously, his supporters are unavoidable online.) Maybe this is because of my age, or because I live in a diverse and well-educated area. Granted, most of the people I know are liberal... but I have conservative family members, and had 2 conservative roommates in college, and I can't fathom any of them voting for Trump - in the primaries or the general.

Do you know anyone voting for Trump?

Are they as nasty as the stereotypes? Or just decent people who want to Make America Great Again?

Are they conservatives, or non-ideological? Are they life-long Republicans, or were they non-political until now?

Are they as angry, upset, and bitter as the media says? Or just drawn to Trump's charisma?

I want to know how anyone could even consider voting for this guy - not to mention 33% of the Republican Party.

But I bet you voted for Obama twice, and will be voting for The Shrill One, or the Comrade. Lol, what a joke.

I think a lot of people are not very open about their support for Trump for various reasons. But I know they are there. I have friends who make statements like, "Well I don't necessarily agree with Trump, but I'm not liking the other candidates either" who are obvious Republicans and obviously Trump supporters. But among younger millennials, openly declaring your support for Trump is the same as ostracizing yourself in many cases depending on where you live and who your friends are.
I suspect this is true, and I suspect many, deep down, know that he's not legit.

I think a lot of people are not very open about their support for Trump for various reasons. But I know they are there. I have friends who make statements like, "Well I don't necessarily agree with Trump, but I'm not liking the other candidates either" who are obvious Republicans and obviously Trump supporters. But among younger millennials, openly declaring your support for Trump is the same as ostracizing yourself in many cases depending on where you live and who your friends are.

Yep at the primaries I spoke with lots of people about the candidates and the issues and whenever I was questioned about "who I was voting for" I just pretended I wasn't sure. The mockery and scorn online is pretty ridiculous. Ironically enough the people who criticize Trump the most are the people who use some really dumb arguments.

I suspect this is true, and I suspect many, deep down, know that he's not legit.

How many? i hear what you're saying though.

But I am convinced that The Donald is too legit to quit.

I suppose it depends on what one considers "legit" to actually mean.

Beyond the crazy rhetoric, Trump is seriously running for president.

Some on the right have long said the problem with the GOP is that they were not right-wing enough. My retort was that they have become too right-wing to attract moderates and centrists and stand to lose numbers.

I think we shall soon find out.

I don't know a single person from real life who would vote for Trump. (Obviously, his supporters are unavoidable online.) Maybe this is because of my age, or because I live in a diverse and well-educated area. Granted, most of the people I know are liberal... but I have conservative family members, and had 2 conservative roommates in college, and I can't fathom any of them voting for Trump - in the primaries or the general.

Are they as nasty as the stereotypes? Or just decent people who want to Make America Great Again?

Are they conservatives, or non-ideological? Are they life-long Republicans, or were they non-political until now?

Are they as angry, upset, and bitter as the media says? Or just drawn to Trump's charisma?

I want to know how anyone could even consider voting for this guy - not to mention 33% of the Republican Party.

Nary a one - nobody.

Trump's name is usually followed by a shaking of the head, followed by incredulous belief that anyone takes him seriously, let alone vote for him.

Older folks who knew of him years ago seem particularly disgusted with his current antics.

But I bet you voted for Obama twice, and will be voting for The Shrill One, or the Comrade. Lol, what a joke.

Nope. Voted for Romney last time, and I'll be voting for Rubio this time.

Some on the right have long said the problem with the GOP is that they were not right-wing enough. My retort was that they have become too right-wing to attract moderates and centrists and stand to lose numbers.

I think we shall soon find out.

Well, Trump has some extreme right-wing positions, but also some extreme left-wing positions. So I'm not sure either of those things will be conclusively proven.

Anyways, he's more about attitude and persona than about any individual policy (except maybe immigration).

I love how this is actually your idea of a rebuttal. Utterly pathetic.

Personally, I would never vote for Trump. However, having said that, Trump and Kaisch are about the only 2 GOP candidates that I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if somehow win the Presidency. I can't imagine living through a Rubio or Cruz presidency. Cruz is a right-wing wacko who would fundamentally transform this country (through the Supreme Court) into a religious state where there is no separation of church/state. Rubio on the otherhand is on idiot who only know how to parrot back talking points. He would be another figurehead/puppet like GWB.

It would not surprise me if Ted Cruz does not even believe in God. Like Ronald Reagan - who hardly ever attended church - Cruz panders to Christian conservatives for their votes. His main concern, again like Reagan, is to make the rich richer.

I intend to vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary. If he loses I will be tempted to vote for Donald Trump, but I will probably end up voting for Hillary Clinton. I have always liked the Clinton's. In addition, I do not trust any Republican on taxes. They all want to cut taxes for the rich. I want to raise taxes for the rich, very high.

Immigration is a legitimate issue, even the immigration of immigrants who are characterized by low crime rates and high IQ's. Immigration depresses wages. The high rate of immigration that has followed the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 is a major reason for the growing income gap.

Supporters and who someone is willing to vote for as what they consider the lesser of two evils are two different things. I have met, in life, Trump supporters. Trumpkins. They are in love with the guy. Donald Trump is a huckster who life has been built on fleecing suckers with lies and fraud. The Trump supporters I meet are suckers. They don't just forgive his lies they believe them.

I've also met Sen. Clinton supporters. The only thing they really talk about is the fact that she self-identifies as a woman. They say she's smart, absent any evidence.

And, I've met one Sen. Sanders supporter. She is quite clear that she wants a president who will give her more than her ex-husband gives her.

I have even met a couple of President Obama supporters and it's like talking to Jehovah's Witnesses who knock on your door. It's faith without an ounce of reality.

I've yet to meet any Trump supporters. I know plenty of people who are going to vote either for him for Hillary as the lesser of two evils and know even more who are still shaking their heads and in the quandary, as a matter of conscience, over whether to even cast a vote for President.

keep those heads in the sand liberals, the majority of america is behind trump. i meet them all the time, buckle up.

I do know someone who supports Trump...hook, line and sinker. We even had a rather lively discussion about him just the other day. And what I noticed was he spent more time bashing Hillary with every talking point in the rightwing handbook...than he did defending Trump. It's a lot different arguing politics with someone face to face than it is on the internet.

Congratulations on your community of diversity, and well educated neighbors. Your post just goes to prove that educated people like yourself can be pretty ignorant.

I supported Trump right up until he won the GOP primary.

Yes. The vast majority of my family are Trump supporters. I don't understand how my viewpoint arose from such people.

I am not a Trump supporter myself. However I can do understand what is happening. It's not really about Trump. It's more about the spineless republican establishment that is afraid of it's own shadow and has stopped very little of Obama's excesses. The core republican voting base is pissed. Trump simply came along at the right time and is saying many things that need to be said. It is an insurgent election, actually in both parties. If the republican voting base was not so pissed off, Trump would have long ago been laughed off the stage. he would be trying to make everyone forget he even ran.

Personally, I would never vote for Trump. However, having said that, Trump and Kaisch are about the only 2 GOP candidates that I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if somehow win the Presidency. I can't imagine living through a Rubio or Cruz presidency. Cruz is a right-wing wacko who would fundamentally transform this country (through the Supreme Court) into a religious state where there is no separation of church/state. Rubio on the otherhand is on idiot who only know how to parrot back talking points. He would be another figurehead/puppet like GWB.

The only whacko in the race is the aging hildabeast known as Hillary who claimed on national television that she and daughter chelsea dodged sniper fire in Bosnia

In real life I now know 3 but its funny. None of them really like trump. Two just hates Hilary so bad, one just wants the system to break and feels trump getting elected would do that. Doesn't matter much he won't be the next president. This is a pretty messed up election.

I intend to vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary. If he loses I will be tempted to vote for Donald Trump, but I will probably end up voting for Hillary Clinton. I have always liked the Clinton's. In addition, I do not trust any Republican on taxes. They all want to cut taxes for the rich. I want to raise taxes for the rich, very high.

Immigration is a legitimate issue, even the immigration of immigrants who are characterized by low crime rates and high IQ's. Immigration depresses wages. The high rate of immigration that has followed the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 is a major reason for the growing income gap.

What can you possibly like about the Clintons? They are the most scandal plagued politicians ever to inhabit Washington DC.

keep those heads in the sand liberals, the majority of america is behind trump. i meet them all the time, buckle up.

I don't think the majority is really behind Trump. I think the majority is against Hillary.

In real life I now know 3 but its funny. None of them really like trump. Two just hates Hilary so bad, one just wants the system to break and feels trump getting elected would do that. Doesn't matter much he won't be the next president. This is a pretty messed up election.

Given how broken DC is, and has long been, does it surprise you that a POTUS election devolves into what we have?

Not me.

Back
Top Bottom