• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you got any memories of your First Holy Communion or of your Confirmation Day?

Today now is the so-called "White Sunday" in Germany.
The traditional day for the First Holy Communion.

@ White Sunday - or "Weißer Sonntag"

The origin of the name White Sunday is not certain. It is probably related to the white baptismal robes worn in the early church by those baptized on Easter vigil at services in the days after Easter. They took off these robes on the last day of the Easter octave, which is why it was called Dies Dominica post alba “Sunday after the white robes”; at times the casting took place on the Saturday after Easter ( sabbath in albis ). In the Missale Romanum of 1970 the Sunday is called Dominica secunda paschae "Second Sunday of Easter", but in the German-speaking area the name White Sunday is due to its roots in popular piety, and so on. a. as a traditional day of first communion , still common.

https://de.zxc.wiki/wiki/Weißer_Sonntag

That has become the norm now! :)
No, that has always been the norm.
That is the point where most Catholics leave the Church.

Here you can watch a German Protestant Confirmation (Konfirmation).

Today is the day after the "White Sunday".

And in my time it was always a school-free day for all children who had been to their first holy communion.

Today is the day after the "White Sunday".

And in my time it was always a school-free day for all children who had been to their first holy communion.
Better known as "Just another...

Better known as "Just another...

Why this constant hatred of anything Catholic?
Are you proud of your hatred?
Do you think Jesus will thank you for your hatred?

We could also talk about this:

WHAT TO WRITE IN A BAR MITZVAH OR BAT MITZVAH CARD

And:

Maybe the only thing you know about bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs is that people sit in chairs and get lifted into the air, or maybe you have fond memories of your own ceremony and party. Becoming a bar mitzvah (son of the commandment) or bat mitzvah (daughter of the commandment) and being recognized as a full-fledged adult member of the Jewish community, is an awesome rite of passage in a Jewish child’s life — and we can help you find the right bar mitzvah card message or bat mitzvah card message to make them feel special.

https://www.americangreetings.com/inspiration/what-to-write/bar-bat-mitzvah-messages

Have you got any memories of your First Holy Communion or of your Confirmation Day?

I start a new thread with a new title now.
Yes, I still have nightmares. Everyone looks like ghosts all dressed in white.

Yes. My grandmother was at my First Holy Communion two weeks before she died. I was so petrified of making a mistake, and sure enough I started out of the pew before I was supposed to. But it was a great event. I felt like a grown-up Catholic. Being Catholic has been the greatest most guiding principle of my life. There has never been a period in my life where I lapsed, as in I never missed mass intentionally.
Is that why you are so angry and wrong most of the time? Seems like your beliefs aren't helping you on those two issues.

I start a new thread with a new title now.

I still have from my first communion my rosary, which I still wear, and my dress, which I don't wear. :D I am not really sure why I saved them and I don't really remember the day but it's nice to have the souvenirs.

My confirmation day is a little clearer although I remember the party more than the church ceremony (probably because we have pictures from the day )

Why this constant hatred of anything Catholic?
Are you proud of your hatred?
Do you think Jesus will thank you for your hatred?
The hatred part is coming from you because some don't believe in your god or ceremonies it pisses you off. I did the whole catholic thing for years including ten years of catholic school. Later in her life my mom became a nun. I don't hate the catholic religion, I consider it a fabrication. I don't hate the people who choose to believe in an invisible entity. I do however dislike the people who try to impose their beliefs and their god into my life.

Is that why you are so angry and wrong most of the time? Seems like your beliefs aren't helping you on those two issues.
Truth seems wrong and angry to those who don’t have it

I just went to a transfiguration catholic school in first grade, that was about it. My teacher was Mrs. Vinci.

The hatred part is coming from you because some don't believe in your god or ceremonies it pisses you off. I did the whole catholic thing for years including ten years of catholic school. Later in her life my mom became a nun. I don't hate the catholic religion, I consider it a fabrication. I don't hate the people who choose to believe in an invisible entity. I do however dislike the people who try to impose their beliefs and their god into my life.

Your mom became a nun, in part, to help you.

I don't recall my First Communion but I remember my first confession. I told the priest I didn't sin but my brother said sh!t. I vividly recall my Confirmation.

I still have from my first communion my rosary, which I still wear, and my dress, which I don't wear. :D I am not really sure why I saved them and I don't really remember the day but it's nice to have the souvenirs.

My confirmation day is a little clearer although I remember the party more than the church ceremony (probably because we have pictures from the day )
You know my mom?
You've talked about her quite a bit.

No. Some where around the age of 16, I stopped going to church altogether. The only reason I knew it was Mogen-David wine was I helped myself to a bottle of it as a 'parting gift.' That wasn't a very smart move on my part. ;)
Lol. I was an alter boy. Not all the wine went to the parishioners. Or the priest for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom