• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever worn a Che Guevarra T-shirt?

Do you or have you ever wore a Che Guevarra T-Shirt?

• Total voters

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Che Guevarra is one of those timeless "heroes" that has spanned every generation, class, age and gender since the 1960s.
For 60 years; millions of professors, protestors, political activists, students, celebrities, hippies, moms and dads wore his face.

Undoubtedly.....the most popular Communist of all time!
Che.jpg

Che Guevarra is one of those timeless "heroes" that has spanned every generation, class, age and gender since the 1960s.
For 60 years; millions of professors, protestors, political activists, students, celebrities, hippies, moms and dads wore his face.

View attachment 67385709
Kaepernick liked wearing a shit with his face on it while decrying how terribly oppressive the US is.

View attachment 67385709

No, but I did have a Malcolm X T-shirt back in the day...does that count? :)

View attachment 67385709
Popular not for his communism but for his revolution. People who grew up in the sixties admired the revolution against corporate exploitation and Mafia domination of the government. Bad as the Castro regime has been, the Batista era was just as bad or worse.
Wanna hear a story about that? My wife and I were having dinner at a paladare in Havana. Paladares are private homes licensed to seat twelve customers for meals and they're you best choice. Every one we ate in was pushing that 'twelve' limit. Anyway, we finished our meal and took our bottle of wine out on the balcony to free up the table and chatted with a young architect who was working on restoring a building in Old Havana. Nearly overhead of a busy sidewalk in Havana, a steady flow of pedestrian traffic below, and this guy is telling us in no uncertain terms how much better Cuba will be when Fidel and all the revolutionaries die. We were a bit surprised.
A few days later we rented a car and drove off into the hinterland and stayed in a casa particulare in a small, old town called Trinidad. Cases particulaires are private homes with separate suites licensed to accept overnight tourists. We stayed with Marelli for three nights. She spoke of the revolution with great respect and put her hand over her heart when she said 'Che'. She was a black woman from rural Cuba who could remember how it used to be.
Nothing is just black or white.

During the depths of my misspent youth & garage-band days, I once wore a a t-shirt that said . . .

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

. . . and it had a . . .

"Rorer 714"

. . . picture stenciled on it.

--

Does that count for any credit?

Last edited:
During the depths of my misspent youth & garage-band days, I once wore a a t-shirt that said . . .

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

. . . and it had a . . .

"Rorer 714"

. . . picture on it.

--

Does that count for any credit?
Probably to somebody...

Popular not for his communism but for his revolution. People who grew up in the sixties admired the revolution against corporate exploitation and Mafia domination of the government. Bad as the Castro regime has been, the Batista era was just as bad or worse.
Wanna hear a story about that? My wife and I were having dinner at a paladare in Havana. Paladares are private homes licensed to seat twelve customers for meals and they're you best choice. Every one we ate in was pushing that 'twelve' limit. Anyway, we finished our meal and took our bottle of wine out on the balcony to free up the table and chatted with a young architect who was working on restoring a building in Old Havana. Nearly overhead of a busy sidewalk in Havana, a steady flow of pedestrian traffic below, and this guy is telling us in no uncertain terms how much better Cuba will be when Fidel and all the revolutionaries die. We were a bit surprised.
A few days later we rented a car and drove off into the hinterland and stayed in a casa particulare in a small, old town called Trinidad. Cases particulaires are private homes with separate suites licensed to accept overnight tourists. We stayed with Marelli for three nights. She spoke of the revolution with great respect and put her hand over her heart when she said 'Che'. She was a black woman from rural Cuba who could remember how it used to be.

Bingo!

It was about part revolution, part anti-corporatist, part anti-Military-Industrial-Complex, and all, "Power to the People!".

Not to detract from Captain Adverse's 'X'er t . . .

Last edited:

View attachment 67385709

No. I would just as soon wear a Lavrentiy Beria or a Klaus Barbie shirt as I would a shirt depicting that blood simple killer in a hagiographic light.

What a great story...I loved it...what year was that?

No. I would just as soon wear a Lavrentiy Beria or a Klaus Barbie shirt as I would a shirt depicting that blood simple killer in a hagiographic light.

Wow! Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Was this during the 'no Americans in Cuba' period... from 1963 until well after Castro's death?

What a great story...I loved it...what year was that?
Thanks.
It was '04. It's probably changed a lot since, for the better.
Russia got better after the WW2 generation died off and Cuba will get better after the old revolutionaries die off. I just hope it doesn't turn into Jamaica.

@Captain Adverse
Take his comment as a huge Win! LOL

Wow... kid just lost the farm again.
Believe me, the only thing Captain Adverse would have liked about Malcom X was his proposal that African Americans should return to Africa. It's really not that hard to figure out when you've been sailing with the 'Captain' for awhile.

Was this during the 'no Americans in Cuba' period... from 1963 until well after Castro's death?
Come on dude, read his post. Batista was in power then. Which would be well before 1963. Batista was pushed out of power by the Cuban Revolution in 1959.

Believe me, the only thing Captain Adverse would have liked about Malcom X was his proposal that African Americans should return to Africa. It's really not that hard to figure out when you've been sailing with the 'Captain' for awhile.

What an ignorant statement, especially one where you clearly have NOT been "sailing with the Captain" much at all. First, I was an ARMY Captain, not a Naval Officer.

Meanwhile:

I never had the honor of meeting Dr. Martin Luther King; but I did meet Malcolm X twice due to the fact an uncle was a follower of his and had hosted some meetings of Malcolm's group in his apartment in Harlem N.Y.. I also met Angela Davis when I was living with my aunt's family in Watts, CA back in 1970.

Last edited:
Come on dude, read his post. Batista was in power then. Which would be well before 1963. Batista was pushed out of power by the Cuban Revolution in 1959.
He does not say he was there when Batista was in power... just that Batista was worse than Castro... there is no time frame.

Back
Top Bottom