• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever taken a hallucinogen?

Have you ever taken a hallucinogen?

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have taken LSD. I have also taken Ketamine mixed with MDMA. It was truly a life-altering experience and difficult to explain in words. I felt my brain was altered in a way where I became a more empathetic person. It was like seeing colors I have never seen in my life. I am grateful for taking hallucinogen's because it opened my mind and helped my share experiences with other.

I would somewhat compare it a religious experience. I would definitely recommend everyone to try it at least once.

Last edited:
I have taken LSD. I have also taken Ketamine mixed with MDMA. It was truly a life-altering experience and difficult to explain in words. I felt my brain was altered in a way where I became a more empathetic person. It was like seeing colors I have never seen in my life. I am grateful for taking hallucinogen's because it opened my mind and helped my share experiences with other.

You're not there yet. But keep at it and you'll get there.

I once mixed vicodin and merlot and ended up floating in my pool for a few hours late at night. Good times.

I tend to not want my "mind opened," so no.

We used to call it tripping. At least where I was from in the 70's and 80's. I agree it changes you and I never had a bad trip. But I have seen others have them. Stick with pot and booze.

Ohferfvcksake.
You need to drop a blotter of acid into your coffee every morning, and another into your KFC gravy at suppertime.
Maybe. after enough cosmic intervention you'll stop saying that rapists have fatherhood rights.

Ohferfvcksake.
You need to drop a blotter of acid into your coffee every morning, and another into your KFC gravy at suppertime.
Maybe. after enough cosmic intervention you'll stop saying that rapists have fatherhood rights.

Dude! Don't be harshing his trip. Sending out all those negative vibes! ;)

Ohferfvcksake.

How do you know it isn't the drugs that made him that way?

I would somewhat compare it a religious experience. I would definitely recommend everyone to try it at least once.

Sorry man. I can neither confirm, not deny such experiences.

I might want to pass a firearms background check some day. :blowup:

Ohferfvcksake.

Besides country music I am a big fan of edm. Before I had a child I was a big in music festivals and raves. One of the most unique things that happened during a trip is that I was able to speak in tongues.

LOL, this has gotta be bull****.

Dude! Don't be harshing his trip. Sending out all those negative vibes! ;)

Waves.jpg

Besides country music I am a big fan of edm. Before I had a child I was a big in music festivals and raves. One of the most unique things that happened during a trip is that I was able to speak in tongues.

LOL...

Having been to many raves in my Life starting back in Fall 1989 I can tell you in all truth....you were not speaking in tongues. :2grouphug

You were babbling, but being on E everyone simply understood you anyway. ;)

I'm not sure just what qualifies as a hallucinogen. Alcohol obviously can distort thinking and perception, although it doesn't usually cause people to see or hear things that are not there. Marijuana certainly distorts perceptions and physical sensations quite a bit. There is a negative side to many of these chemicals. They can cause bring on some extremely unpleasant emotions in certain people.

I tend to not want my "mind opened," so no.

The images, taken from volunteers who agreed to take a trip in the name of science, have given researchers an unprecedented insight into the neural basis for effects produced by one of the most powerful drugs ever created.

A dose of the psychedelic substance – injected rather than dropped – unleashed a wave of changes that altered activity and connectivity across the brain. This has led scientists to new theories of visual hallucinations and the sense of oneness with the universe some users report.

The brain scans revealed that trippers experienced images through information drawn from many parts of their brains, and not just the visual cortex at the back of the head that normally processes visual information. Under the drug, regions once segregated spoke to one another.

Further images showed that other brain regions that usually form a network became more separated in a change that accompanied users’ feelings of oneness with the world, a loss of personal identity called “ego dissolution”.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/apr/11/lsd-impact-brain-revealed-groundbreaking-images

Not trying to spill any secrets but you may want to try microdosing. Many of your co-workers maybe doing it.

Tell me you're not trying the old "all the cool kids are doing it". What are you? A pusher?

You must still believe that marijuana is a gateway drug and should be illegal in the United States.

Once again, expand your mind, try to connect with people X. Visit the PNW or Denver. First joint is on the house.

You must still believe that marijuana is a gateway drug and should be illegal in the United States.

Once again, expand your mind, try to connect with people X. Visit the PNW or Denver. First joint is on the house.

I don't support the legalization of drugs and I don't take them. Tell me, Bucky, why do you want to try to convince other people to take drugs?

I don't support the legalization of drugs and I don't take them. Tell me, Bucky, why do you want to try to convince other people to take drugs?

X Factor,

Look at the science. What are you typing on? Without LSD, that most likely would not have been invented.

Show me a legitimate study showing taking LSD or weed is any worse than drinking alcohol or eating greasy unhealthy food.

Took LSD once, I think it was called 4 way window pain. It was OK, would rather take mescaline or as we called them back in the day (dots). That **** would make you laugh your ass off & you could drink about 12 beers on them. Saw a guy in school put a purple one in his eye in math class. His whole eye turned purple. Still laugh about that today.

But that was longtime ago, to old that **** now. That stuff is for kids.

Also heard that the Nazi's use to take a lot of mescaline. That was kinda life changing.

X Factor,

Look at the science. What are you typing on? Without LSD, that most likely would not have been invented.

Show me a legitimate study showing taking LSD or weed is any worse than drinking alcohol or eating greasy unhealthy food.

Acid showed great promise with alcoholism but it got to the point that no one could study it for any reason. Some years ago the studies were started up again, and the results were good I heard, but big pharma wants nothing to do with it, they have other more expensive drugs they want to sell. And the government would rather not have to state that LSD can be good to use, that would be embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom