• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever taken a hallucinogen?

Have you ever taken a hallucinogen?

• Total voters
Sgt. Oddball was so great!

one of the greatest WWII films-from Oddball to the send up of the spaghetti westerns where clint et al faced down the tiger tank before they bought off the Nazi tank commander to blow up the bank door

I always rate that as one of Clint's best films-along with Where Eagles Dare-though most people forget about those in favor of Dirty Harry and the Cowboy stuff

one of the greatest WWII films-from Oddball to the send up of the spaghetti westerns where clint et al faced down the tiger tank before they bought off the Nazi tank commander to blow up the bank door

I always rate that as one of Clint's best films-along with Where Eagles Dare-though most people forget about those in favor of Dirty Harry and the Cowboy stuff

Probably a dozen times in my life. Only LSD or shrooms, though.

I don't regret a single one of those trips. I learned something about myself in each instance. It can also resurrect memories that have been locked away.

I had one bad trip and it was the only time I did a heroic dose of shrooms. 6 dry grams. I usually kept it to around 2.0. But I don't even regret that bad trip as it helped me come to grips with things that were causing my PTSD. I literally thought I was dead and in hell and it took a couple weeks for me to digest what I had experienced. That trip was the start of my recovery. People who have never done it can't really understand the impact it can have.

Of course other times were just pure fun. :). I am sure I will do it again in the future but I am in no rush. I'll know when the time is right.

Oh, there is one other one I tried once. Salvia. Unlike LSD and shrooms salvia was actually legal where I was. Salvia is NOT fun. Don't **** with that stuff and if you do make sure you have a sitter. I was alone and I am lucky I didn't do anything stupid. Salvia is smoked through a pipe or Bong. A salvia trip lasts about one minute and it takes about three seconds to kick in after taking a puff. Here is the thing about Salvia. It will make you forget that you took salvia. It may also make you forget who you are or where you are for that minute. I could see how someone might jump out of a window on the stuff. I personally think it is more of a deliriant. I felt like I was crawling through numerous deminsions and each deminsion I crawled through I had to have my skin ripped off me. And I could FEEL my skin being ripped off.

I will NEVER do salvia again. Not fun.

X Factor,

Look at the science. What are you typing on? Without LSD, that most likely would not have been invented.

Show me a legitimate study showing taking LSD or weed is any worse than drinking alcohol or eating greasy unhealthy food.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything and you're still not answering my question, and but I'll ask you another - what have you accomplished while on your drugs, because I gotta say, seeing some of the things you've posted, you're OP made me think, "Ooooo, that explains it."

Just being real.

I heard this song by the Stones was about PCP, because it was used as a gorilla tranquilizer. Not sure how true it is though. We use to call it tea.Also known as angel dust. Made everything look like it was made out of plastic.

Probably a dozen times in my life. Only LSD or shrooms, though.

I don't regret a single one of those trips. I learned something about myself in each instance. It can also resurrect memories that have been locked away.

I had one bad trip and it was the only time I did a heroic dose of shrooms. 6 dry grams. I usually kept it to around 2.0. But I don't even regret that bad trip as it helped me come to grips with things that were causing my PTSD. I literally thought I was dead and in hell and it took a couple weeks for me to digest what I had experienced. That trip was the start of my recovery. People who have never done it can't really understand the impact it can have.

Of course other times were just pure fun. :). I am sure I will do it again in the future but I am in no rush. I'll know when the time is right.

Oh, there is one other one I tried once. Salvia. Unlike LSD and shrooms salvia was actually legal where I was. Salvia is NOT fun. Don't **** with that stuff and if you do make sure you have a sitter. I was alone and I am lucky I didn't do anything stupid. Salvia is smoked through a pipe or Bong. A salvia trip lasts about one minute and it takes about three seconds to kick in after taking a puff. Here is the thing about Salvia. It will make you forget that you took salvia. It may also make you forget who you are or where you are for that minute. I could see how someone might jump out of a window on the stuff. I personally think it is more of a deliriant. I felt like I was crawling through numerous deminsions and each deminsion I crawled through I had to have my skin ripped off me. And I could FEEL my skin being ripped off.

I will NEVER do salvia again. Not fun.

Is it wrong to opt not to do drugs?

I sense another poll coming on.

I sense another poll coming on.

Absolutely not. but that's like asking someone is it wrong to opt not to have sex.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything and you're still not answering my question, and but I'll ask you another - what have you accomplished while on your drugs, because I gotta say, seeing some of the things you've posted, you're OP made me think, "Ooooo, that explains it."

Just being real.

For me it reordered how I think, as I was seeing things in a new way (sometimes seeing things that my brain usually sifts out as unimportant) while making cinnection that I never had before understood, the effects have so far lasted over 30 years. My acid trips were maybe 8 hours of my life, but they were a very important 8 hours.

Absolutely not. but that's like asking someone is it wrong to opt not to have sex.

As in "who in their right mind would want to do that?", Bill Hicks had some great bits on this point.

Then why are trying to convince folks, who don't want to, to do it? To make yourself feel better about your choices?

Is it just me, or does it seem like people on the right are the only ones who have not done acid in here. Seems like people on the left & in the center have.

As in "who in their right mind would want to do that?", Bill Hicks had some great bits on this point.

So you have to be out of your mind to not use drugs?

That has got to be the dumbest comparison ever.

That has got to be the dumbest comparison ever.

Not at all. Nearly everyone takes drugs. See word "drugs." Drink coffee? Take aspirin? Go to the dentist?

Not at all. Nearly everyone takes drugs. See word "drugs." Drink coffee? Take aspirin? Go to the dentist?

Wow, so you missed the point of the post on purpose to make a dumb comparison. That doesn't actually make things better for you, but worse.

I have taken LSD. I have also taken Ketamine mixed with MDMA. It was truly a life-altering experience and difficult to explain in words. I felt my brain was altered in a way where I became a more empathetic person. It was like seeing colors I have never seen in my life. I am grateful for taking hallucinogen's because it opened my mind and helped my share experiences with other.

I would somewhat compare it a religious experience. I would definitely recommend everyone to try it at least once.

The closest I came was taking ecstasy before it got out and become illegal. It was mild body LDS's the best way to describe it. Everything - is - okay. Very calm, very relaxed; it's for watching sunsets. What they started doing rave parties and the like calling IT ecstasy is not what I took. I got two capsules from a friend in the medical field....1988?... The friend said that they wanted to use it in psychology, and then that idea seemed to go away, and now apparently it's back.

So you have to be out of your mind to not use drugs?

It is more like "that is odd". I tend to not trust people who have no obvious vices. If they brag about it I for sure dont trust them, and probably dont want to be around them. My mom's last husband never has done drugs, and rarely drinks, but he is a good guy so it can happen.

Oh, knock off the false equivalence nonsense. Caffeine and aspirin are not acid.

Correct. In many way, those are worse.

If you have to lie to support your position, maybe you should reevaluate. The only people I know who try to argue that coffee is just so dangerous while acid (or whatever other drug) is just so benign are those who have a vested interest in justifying drug use. The truth is, most people actually understand how silly that is.

No. That is a perfectly valid choice. Just because my experience has been positive doesn't mean it is for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom