• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever considered running for elected office or accepting appointed public office?

Have you ever considered running for elected office or accepting appointed public office?

• Total voters
Eternity, even of bliss, sounds like a hell to me. Not nearly as horrific as the idea of eternal torture (seriously, who thinks this **** up). Infinitely better. Yet, still, existence beyond the forgetting of the concept of time.

No thanks, I think. But what do I know...
If you always have another day, then the days have no value.

My brother ran for state house 40 years ago, but lost to the entrenched democrat incumbent by 20 points in the primary. I told him he should have advertised. The dinosaur incumbent lost the general election that year to a republican. My dad was president of the Oklahoma A&M student body in his junior year. My grandfather was close personal friends with Wilbur Mills of Arkansas for decades and they often went hunting and fishing together. I am old enough to realize no Christian is likely to gain prominence in today's badly secularized atheistic political climate. I held leadership positions in high school and at West Point Prep School, but I learned early on that success in politics often requires more compromises than I would be willing to make.

So, how do you want us to construe the above?
  • "No" re: both elected and appointed public office.
  • "Yes, vicariously" to elected office.
  • "Yes," if elected positions I held in high school count.

Last edited:
If someone has good ideas and he is rehabilitated I would easily vote for a person with a criminal record. But that is just me, with my social democrat mind that thinks almost everybody deserves a second chance.

There a lot of moral, decent, religious and non-religious people who are not social democrats who feel the same way as you do.

My brother ran for state house 40 years ago, but lost to the entrenched democrat incumbent by 20 points in the primary. I told him he should have advertised. The dinosaur incumbent lost the general election that year to a republican.

My dad was president of the Oklahoma A&M student body in his junior year. He also excelled in baseball, football and basketball in high school. He even competed and did well in golf and tennis. But he never became a politician, thank God. besides, he was not properly following Jesus in his youth in spite of having excellent guidance from a godly mother.

My grandfather was close personal friends with Wilbur Mills of Arkansas for decades and they often went hunting and fishing together. I am old enough to realize no Christian is likely to gain prominence in today's badly secularized atheistic political climate. I held leadership positions in high school and at West Point Prep School, but I learned early on that success in politics often requires more compromises than I would be willing to make.

My great-grandfather was in the House of Representatives as a Republican.
Without giving any further personal information, a life of public service runs strongly in our family.

So, how do you want us to construe the above?
  • "No" re: both elected and appointed public office.
  • "Yes, vicariously" to elected office.
  • "Yes," if elected positions I held in high school count.

No serious offer has been made or rational opportunity presented itself which might motivate me to get involved in public office. Would I ever consider it? Maybe but I hardly think that will ever happen. We are not likely to see the kinds of political upheavals seen just before the Revolutionary War but I'm sure people got involved in the war who probably had never even thought of taking up arms just a few years earlier.

Last edited:
My great-grandfather was in the House of Representatives as a Republican.
Without giving any further personal information, a life of public service runs strongly in our family.

Thank you and your family for your service. I cannot boast of my grandfather's judgment. He was a lifelong democrat. His daughter was attending Little Rock High when Eisenhower had to send in the troops to force the democrats to integrate. Grandpa had a peach of a cushy democrat job in the government. He and my uncle were both deacons at Immanuel Baptist church in Little Rock where Bill Clinton attended as governor of Arkansas. Both my grandfather and my uncle have since then gone on to meet God to have things sorted out for them.

Thank you and your family for your service. I cannot boast of my grandfather's judgment. He was a lifelong democrat. His daughter was attending Little Rock High when Eisenhower had to send in the troops to force the democrats to integrate. Grandpa had a peach of a cushy democrat job in the government. He and my uncle were both deacons at Immanuel Baptist church in Little Rock where Bill Clinton attended as governor of Arkansas. Both my grandfather and my uncle have since then gone on to meet God to have things sorted out for them.

My paternal grandfather was a Conservative Republican, Deacon, and a KKK member who took myself and my two brothers to a KKK initiation/cross burning ceremony in 1957 when I was 4 years old.He reminded me a lot of Trump, who was sued/lost/settled for discriminating against blacks because of his lust for money and disdain for good people of African descent.

I've considered the possibility, but I just can't do the donors thing.

Back
Top Bottom