• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever bought a product from a TV infomercial?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Have you ever bought a product from a TV infomercial?

Other than a couple albums in the 1970s, I can say "Yes, sort of". I bought a Ronco Rotisseries because of a tv infomercial, but I actually bought it in a local store. This was about 12 years ago, and it remains to this day as my favorite kitchen appliance... ever.

Oh, I also once bought a Shamwow when I saw it in the store. :lol: I didn't believe it would work as advertised, but my curiosity got the best of me. It didn't btw.

Other than that, no, I have not.

Yes. Those wire mesh steaming basket things (but I can't remember what they were called) about four years ago. They work OK and are still in the kitchen and in use to this day. I bought a "total pillow" in the "as seen on TV" section of Walgreens but have yet to try to wash it. Most of the time the "processing and handling" fee is all the actual product maker gets (allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery), the marketing firm doing the TV ad gets the $19.99 (or whatever). These ads usually include a "bonus" of a second magic widget for "only" the doubling of the p&h fee. ;)

I've bought products that were on informercials, but not from the infomercial and not because it was on the informercial. They've been bought from regular stores, just because they looked like they'd work, with varying degrees of success, just like any other product.

About several years ago I bought the grease bullet.I do not think it did as advertised but I cleaned some ceiling fan blades for my mother who was a heavy smoker and it removed years of built up cigarette smoke really easy. Recently I bought the Orgreenic Ceramic Green Non-Stick Fry Pan. Not as good as they claimed but it does work well for pot stickers.

I bought that mesh wire strainer, too. I like it okay, but if the noodles to strain are too so0ft, they get stuck in the wires and are hard to clean up.

The wife despises the thing.

About several years ago I bought the grease bullet.I do not think it did as advertised but I cleaned some ceiling fan blades for my mother who was a heavy smoker and it removed years of built up cigarette smoke really easy. Recently I bought the Orgreenic Ceramic Green Non-Stick Fry Pan. Not as good as they claimed but it does work well for pot stickers.

Did you read and comply with the fine print to season your pan in the oven before using? Mine works very well. The only thing I have had stick to it was fly paper :)

I never bought anything from an infomercial. They always seem to say you get a second one free, just pay the processing and handling. The p&h makes it not worth the price for me. Aside from the fact that 99% of that stuff sucks.

I gotta say there's a new cat chasing thing being advertised now and if I had a cat it would be cool to have

I highly recommend it. You get two for $38. My cats are still having fun. I put another one at my friends and her cats like it also. They sit on it when its not on.

I gotta say there's a new cat chasing thing being advertised now and if I had a cat it would be cool to have

I didn't buy it from the infomercial, but I own a magic bullet. It's pretty handy for chopping up nuts and stuff, and for blending small amounts of stuff that wouldn't work well in the blender.

I highly recommend it. You get two for $38. My cats are still having fun. I put another one at my friends and her cats like it also. They sit on it when its not on.

LOL - cool - they're advertised at two for $19 here, unless you mean the shipping is $19 too. I'd have to get a cat first - my dog would just fall asleep on it.

My error. They are $20 plus $8 S&H with 1 free. So total for 2 is $36, not $38

I got them here https://www.getcatsmeow.com/

LOL - cool - they're advertised at two for $19 here, unless you mean the shipping is $19 too. I'd have to get a cat first - my dog would just fall asleep on it.

If you buy 4, you get a free kitten.

300.jpg

I bought this a few years ago. The first one they sent me was terrible - had no "non stick" stuff on it at all. They sent me a second one, and it worked OK. I used it once and ended up putting it in a yard sale. I bought a few things that the girls that didn't work at all like they said they were supposed to. Got them some kind of "cookie station" where you made cookies and decorated them. It was terrible. :lol: I bought two of them. The girls used them once, got angry, cried because they didn't work, and I sent them back and got my money back.

Usually a lot of the things you see on TV can be purchased at Walmart, and if you buy it at Walmart, you can take it back with no drama if it doesn't work.

FYI - that surprises me about that green ceramic pan. I almost bought one once, but the reviews on it were horrible so we didn't get it.

I generally think that if it were really that good then they'd be sold in stores and make a boatload of money. :shrug:

View attachment 67149337

I bought this a few years ago. The first one they sent me was terrible - had no "non stick" stuff on it at all. They sent me a second one, and it worked OK. I used it once and ended up putting it in a yard sale. I bought a few things that the girls that didn't work at all like they said they were supposed to. Got them some kind of "cookie station" where you made cookies and decorated them. It was terrible. :lol: I bought two of them. The girls used them once, got angry, cried because they didn't work, and I sent them back and got my money back.

Usually a lot of the things you see on TV can be purchased at Walmart, and if you buy it at Walmart, you can take it back with no drama if it doesn't work.

FYI - that surprises me about that green ceramic pan. I almost bought one once, but the reviews on it were horrible so we didn't get it.

Is that the mini hamburger thing?

Is that the mini hamburger thing?

Sorry. Yeah, it's called the "Big City Slider." I guess it's works fine - at least the 2nd one did. We just don't eat sliders as much as I thought we would when I bought it.

I'll tell you what does work - I didn't even think about this, but OMG - I have a Shark Navigator vacuum, and it's the best vacuum I've ever had in my life. I go through a lot of vacuums because I have a German Shepherd. I'm on my 3rd year with my Navigator, and it still works as good as it did the day I took it out of the box. I've never had a vacuum that lasted more than 6 months, including a $2,500 Hyla. I also have a Ninja chopper and a Ninja 3-n-1 cooker, and I love them, too. I think Shark and Ninja are both made by the same company. I tell ya', I swear by their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom