• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you ever been interrogated by police?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Then tell us about it.

I remember 3 different occasions:

a) by the East German border police - no laughing matter!
b) by the police in Belgium
c) by the West German police, after our house was on fire - but with no responsibility of mine

When I was a teenager and having issues at home. The juvenile officers bought me lunch 😀

I did, twice actually. They were very kind and at a point where I could have taken a bad turn they helped nudge me to the good.

We kept in touch for years and I gained enormous respect for the positive impact a caring officer can bring to a life.

Me and a friend broke into a mine when we were 14 or so. Well, we crawled under the gate. We looked around, rode the ore car down the tracks and left.

A neighbor turned us in and a cop came and questioned us. He separated us so that we couldn't help each other with our stories.

So we confessed.

The owner of the mine wanted to press charges but the cop talked him out of it. He even gave the owner a veiled threat of not securing the place good enough, and that it was a safety hazard.

We were let go with a warning.

My experiences with cops have all been positive for the most part.

/

Then tell us about it.

Only once by US Military Police in a German train station as a witness to a shooting, though I would not call an interrogation. They were just seeking eye witness accounts.

Then tell us about it.
I was by Lt. Joe Kenda when I witnessed a robbery/murder at a liquor store next to my place of business. The incident was actually featured in one of Kenda's episodes on his Homicide Detective series which ran on the Discovery ID channel.

Boarder security searched my bags once

A school was broken into that was very close to my home the tracks went to my back door. A cop asked me to walk with him to the school and asked questions. Nothing else was done. I have a good idea on who actually did it

About 3 years after my motorcycle was stolen the insurance investigators said the bike was found and if I still had the keys. I did and nothing I heard nothing else. I expect they were trying to see if I gave the keys to the crooks

I will tell you later, WHY I have been interrogated! :)

Then tell us about it.

"His friends say you kicked him in the head while he was unconscious."
"No officer. There wasn't enough time for that!"

Self defense case. I think my honest surprise at the accusation saved me from trouble.
It probably also helped that I was a spry 23 year old student dressed decently, while my assailant was a 40-something biker wannabe.

A few years later some girl walked into the men's room while I was doing my business and passed out, hitting her head on the urinal.
Asked the bartender to call an ambulance. Police turned up to make sure it wasn't a case of me assaulting her. Turns out someone had spiked her drink, but luckily for her she passed out when she was out of his sight.
She got a bump on the head and a story to tell, but didn't get raped. Don't know if they ever caught the guy who did it.
Watch your drinks kids...

Yes, I saw some no-good-nicks stashing evidence on my neighbors property. The police started snooping around and I pointed them in the right direction. They audio recorded an interview with me. Of course, it was a very hot / humid day and I sweating like a pig, which gave the impression that I was the culprit.

I don't talk to the police. So, how would the police ever be able to interrogate me?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I was once questioned in a double homicide. All I could give them is that I heard the shots.

I was by Lt. Joe Kenda when I witnessed a robbery/murder at a liquor store next to my place of business. The incident was actually featured in one of Kenda's episodes on his Homicide Detective series which ran on the Discovery ID channel.
Well my, my, my. How interesting.

Yes and they weren't acting like my friends, more like arrogant dicks with guns and badges and that one incident has put a bad taste for cops in my mouth that still exists. I don't fear the cops like so many other people do because I know how to not let them ride over my rights with their bullying and threatening tactics. If I call them to my home I expect them to show up, otherwise I would be happy to never have to speak to one for the rest of my life.

Well my, my, my. How interesting.
Poor guy had escaped from North Korea, worked hard and saved his money to come to America, bought that liquor store, and was living the Dream. Thirty minutes earlier, we had been out front looking at the sunset chatting, I had to go make a delivery, came back, and his wife and son were running out of the store; son screaming "My dad's been shot! My dad's been shot!" I ran inside and he was laying behind the counter on the floor with a shot to the heart. Such a sad, sad day.

Poor guy had escaped from North Korea, worked hard and saved his money to come to America, bought that liquor store, and was living the Dream. Thirty minutes earlier, we had been out front looking at the sunset chatting, I had to go make a delivery, came back, and his wife and son were running out of the store; son screaming "My dad's been shot! My dad's been shot!" I ran inside and he was laying behind the counter on the floor with a shot to the heart. Such a sad, sad day.
That is sad. Did lt. joe get him or her? My other half loves joe. He is kinda' funny with his deadpan humor.

I've never been sat down in a room and interrogated, but I've been questioned by many.

Not a proper interrogation, but once when coming home late the police rolled up right behind my girlfriend and I and they spilt us up and pressed us for our business.

Nothing came of it, but reading between the lines it would appear they thought it was a prostitution situation.

That is sad. Did lt. joe get him or her? My other half loves joe. He is kinda' funny with his deadpan humor.
Yeah. There were 2 perps. One was still in the store when I entered. His gun was sitting on the counter, as he was loading his backpack with cash and other stuff. We had a tussle, and I was able to eventually get the gun, after it discharged. Nicked my chin, and I lost most of hearing in my left ear. Both were eventually captured. One was arrested in Tennessee, and had murdered another. Three murder trials. One got a retrial for some reason.

In Belgium I was interrogated by the police, because I had visited a church.

Some money had been stolen in that church.
But it wasn't me!

So now I can say: "I have been arrested for visiting a church!" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom