• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Have you decided who to vote for yet?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I was talking to my mom about the dangers of requesting absentee ballots so early. It is not a problem for us, but I have read about people changing their minds after voting. She said according to her friend, who is active in the Democratic Party, county elections boards do not know if a voter lost or never received an absentee ballot, so once it is sent, he or she can't vote in person. For these two reasons, I am not a fan of requesting absentee ballots in August or even September. It is possible to lose your ballot at home or never get it at all. You can't prove it.

This year is different. We all need absentee ballots, so the USPS would be overwhelmed anyway even without the stupid money and staffing problems. So everyone needs to know who to vote for with no chances of rethinking the decision in every federal, state, and local race on the ballot earlier than usual. This is not difficult for the U.S. President office, so I want to talk about that one first. Do you know if you will vote for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, Donald Trump/Mike Pence, or neither for President and Vice President?

I was talking to my mom about the dangers of requesting absentee ballots so early. It is not a problem for us, but I have read about people changing their minds after voting. She said according to her friend, who is active in the Democratic Party, county elections boards do not know if a voter lost or never received an absentee ballot, so once it is sent, he or she can't vote in person. For these two reasons, I am not a fan of requesting absentee ballots in August or even September. It is possible to lose your ballot at home or never get it at all. You can't prove it.

This year is different. We all need absentee ballots, so the USPS would be overwhelmed anyway even without the stupid money and staffing problems. So everyone needs to know who to vote for with no chances of rethinking the decision in every federal, state, and local race on the ballot earlier than usual. This is not difficult for the U.S. President office, so I want to talk about that one first. Do you know if you will vote for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, Donald Trump/Mike Pence, or neither for President and Vice President?

This is very dependent on the State but in the these random examples I found, what you said is not quite true...

New Mexico: "No. Once you receive your absentee ballot, you cannot change your mind and vote in person on election day. However, if you applied but never received your absentee ballot, you can go to your polling place and vote. You will be required to sign a sworn statement, under penalty of perjury, that you did not receive your ballot. "

Michigan: you can change your vote

North Carolina: "Yes, a voter may request and receive an absentee ballot but still change their mind and vote during Early Voting (One-Stop) or in person on Election Day, as long as they have not already voted and returned in their by-mail ballot. In this case, the voter would simply destroy the by-mail ballot. "

According to this, "Pennsylvania is one of several states where voters who cast absentee ballots can get a second chance to reverse their call. Rules vary, but Connecticut, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, New Hampshire and Wisconsin all offer the same opportunity for absentee and, in some cases, early voters. " Note - this would actually allow you to CHANGE a vote, let alone vote for the first time, if you never got your ballot.

I have not found a single state where if you never even received your absentee ballot, you'd have no recourse. But I have not looked at all 50.

This is very dependent on the State. I have not found a single state where if you never even received your absentee ballot, you'd have no recourse. But I have not looked at all 50.

I know in Oregon nearly all voting is done by mail every year anyway, so voters up there probably never have an issue with failure to get their ballots. Someone who lives there can enlighten me on their situation.

Michelle Obama stressed during her 18-minute speech now is the time to request mail-in ballots. She knows something we don't about the USPS struggling to mail absentee ballots in time for each state's early voting period.

Unless someone else can prove my neighbor wrong, I will take her word for it.

Yes, we've decided.

attachment.php

Yes, we've decided.

attachment.php

Anyone who doesn't vote for Biden is un-American

Trump is Against everything America has stood for.since its inception

I have mixed feelings about.the deplorable. I hate them for enabling trump. But I feel sorry for them because they are so easily duped by right.wing media. My hope is at least some of them will see the truth.

I've known exactly who I am voting for since November 9, 2016.

This is very dependent on the State but in the these random examples I found, what you said is not quite true...

New Mexico: "No. Once you receive your absentee ballot, you cannot change your mind and vote in person on election day. However, if you applied but never received your absentee ballot, you can go to your polling place and vote. You will be required to sign a sworn statement, under penalty of perjury, that you did not receive your ballot. "

Michigan: you can change your vote

North Carolina: "Yes, a voter may request and receive an absentee ballot but still change their mind and vote during Early Voting (One-Stop) or in person on Election Day, as long as they have not already voted and returned in their by-mail ballot. In this case, the voter would simply destroy the by-mail ballot. "

According to this, "Pennsylvania is one of several states where voters who cast absentee ballots can get a second chance to reverse their call. Rules vary, but Connecticut, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, New Hampshire and Wisconsin all offer the same opportunity for absentee and, in some cases, early voters. " Note - this would actually allow you to CHANGE a vote, let alone vote for the first time, if you never got your ballot.

I have not found a single state where if you never even received your absentee ballot, you'd have no recourse. But I have not looked at all 50.

Do you mean change the way you vote, instead of actually changing who you vote for?

Anyone who doesn't vote for Biden is un-American

Trump is Against everything America has stood for.since its inception

I have mixed feelings about.the deplorable. I hate them for enabling trump. But I feel sorry for them because they are so easily duped by right.wing media. My hope is at least some of them will see the truth.

Another liberal exposing who the true party of hate is. But feel free to continue to post your hate-filled, un-American rants so that people wont forget which party is the problem. Everyone has their role. The hate-filled liberal militia is rioting in the streets while its enablers are trolling social media. Keep up the good work.

Do you know if you will vote for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, Donald Trump/Mike Pence, or neither for President and Vice President?

1. I have NO choice: I have to vote for the lesser of two evils: The Honorable Donald J. Trump.

2. I am an old man of 83. When I walk down the street, I never know when a young man might suddenly come up and sucker punch me.

a. I know that the Democrats do NOT believe in law and order, as we can see in New York City, Chicago, Portland, etc.
b. If a young man in any American city is arrested for sucker punching, he need only claim that he being treated unfairly for certain reasons, and he will be released.
c. Even Republicans are afraid to punish certain young criminals, but -- as I said -- I am limited to the lesser of two evils.

3. I think that the Honorable Joseph R. Biden will win. It will be a great day for criminals, who will then feel emboldened to continue their violent activities. It will be a tragic day for potential victims.

1. I have NO choice: I have to vote for the lesser of two evils: The Honorable Donald J. Trump.

2. I am an old man of 83. When I walk down the street, I never know when a young man might suddenly come up and sucker punch me.

a. I know that the Democrats do NOT believe in law and order, as we can see in New York City, Chicago, Portland, etc.
b. If a young man in any American city is arrested for sucker punching, he need only claim that he being treated unfairly for certain reasons, and he will be released.
c. Even Republicans are afraid to punish certain young criminals, but -- as I said -- I am limited to the lesser of two evils.

3. I think that the Honorable Joseph R. Biden will win. It will be a great day for criminals, who will then feel emboldened to continue their violent activities. It will be a tragic day for potential victims.

Translation: I'm afraid of black people so I'm voting for Trump even though he is a fascist intent on destroying the Republic.

Maybe I missed it. But did the honorable Mr. Biden promise to make sucker punching of the elderly legal?

I am happy to let you know crime rates have significantly decreased under Obama/Biden. (You can scroll down to the graphs if you don't want to read the article)

Translation: I'm afraid of black people so I'm voting for Trump even though he is a fascist intent on destroying the Republic.

No, the translation is “I’m afraid of liberal policies, so I’ll never vote Dom again.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy to let you know crime rates have significantly decreased under Obama/Biden. (You can scroll down to the graphs if you don't want to read the article)

Thank you for the article.

Liberals constantly tell us that violent crime has decreased.

Please do not tell that to the thousands who have just fled New York City or the people being beaten up in Portland and Seattle or the parents of that little boy who was murdered in the South. Or to the man who was just sucker punched in Chicago. (He was sweeping the sidewalk when this individual just walked up to him and knocked him out.)

If you want to think that violent crime is down, well, then, bless you. But for thousands of victims every year, it is really cruel to go around saying that.

Certain individuals have tasted blood this year, and next year (under President Biden), it is going to be even worse. The Dems have unleashed an orgy of violence.

Undecided Voter Looking Forward To Learning More About Donald Trump During Campaign

RALEIGH, NC—Acknowledging his blind spots in regard to the upcoming presidential election, local undecided voter Kenneth McGraw announced Monday that he was looking forward to learning more about Republican candidate Donald Trump over the course of his campaign. “I’ve definitely heard of Donald Trump, but I haven’t taken the time to look into the details of his politics,” said the furniture salesman, adding that it was his duty as an American citizen to thoroughly research the candidate before committing his vote to him. “I’ve seen photos of him, as well as a few episodes of The Apprentice, but beyond that, I want to know what kind of president he would make. For instance, I just found out that he is a father and husband—family is very important to me. Hopefully, his campaign plans to spend some money on television advertisements so I can hear about his vision for America in the coming days and months. Or maybe the newspaper will print some articles that get into his policy proposals. That would definitely help me get to know him better so that I can make an informed decision come November. Wow, see, I just learned that he likes golfing just like me.” At press time, McGraw admitted he hasn’t yet heard who Trump’s opponent will be but plans to set some time aside to research that as well.

Undecided Voter Looking Forward To Learning More About Donald Trump During Campaign

So you're saying you're scared to get punched in the street, while Trump is president, and you're going to vote to continue it.

Makes sense.....

I shall vote for Howie. He picked a two-fer running mate first.

Maybe I missed it. But did the honorable Mr. Biden promise to make sucker punching of the elderly legal?

Well he did, didn't he? That's why I'm voting for him.

A world in which I can't beat up old people is a world I don't want to live in.

Neither has the Honorable Donald J. Trump made sucker punching legal. But look at the orgy of violence this year.

When (not "if") Mr. Biden becomes President, judges in the North (and increasingly in the South) will be even more hesitant to punish violent criminals for fear of being labeled as "racists."

I will be voting against everything with an R in front of it.

Neither has the Honorable Donald J. Trump made sucker punching legal. But look at the orgy of violence this year.

When (not "if") Mr. Biden becomes President, judges in the North (and increasingly in the South) will be even more hesitant to punish violent criminals for fear of being labeled as "racists."

"Don't vote for Biden, or the sucking punching that's happening under Trump will...uh...also happen under Biden. TRUMP 2020 WOOOT!"

So violence has gone up under the Honorable Donald J. Trump, which is why you're voting for him.

Judges don't make laws. They decide cases. Congress makes laws. The President also doesn't make laws.

Back
Top Bottom