• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Have you decided who to vote for yet?

Well he did, didn't he? That's why I'm voting for him.

A world in which I can't beat up old people is a world I don't want to live in.

Sounds about right for you folks.

Undecided Voter Looking Forward To Learning More About Donald Trump During Campaign

RALEIGH, NC—Acknowledging his blind spots in regard to the upcoming presidential election, local undecided voter Kenneth McGraw announced Monday that he was looking forward to learning more about Republican candidate Donald Trump over the course of his campaign. “I’ve definitely heard of Donald Trump, but I haven’t taken the time to look into the details of his politics,” said the furniture salesman, adding that it was his duty as an American citizen to thoroughly research the candidate before committing his vote to him. “I’ve seen photos of him, as well as a few episodes of The Apprentice, but beyond that, I want to know what kind of president he would make. For instance, I just found out that he is a father and husband—family is very important to me. Hopefully, his campaign plans to spend some money on television advertisements so I can hear about his vision for America in the coming days and months. Or maybe the newspaper will print some articles that get into his policy proposals. That would definitely help me get to know him better so that I can make an informed decision come November. Wow, see, I just learned that he likes golfing just like me.” At press time, McGraw admitted he hasn’t yet heard who Trump’s opponent will be but plans to set some time aside to research that as well.

Undecided Voter Looking Forward To Learning More About Donald Trump During Campaign

I continue my lonely, lonely quest in hawking for a national requirement that people pass the Citizenship exam before they are allowed to vote in Federal Elections.

So you're saying you're scared to get punched in the street, while Trump is president, and you're going to vote to continue it.

Makes sense.....

Thank you for agreeing with me. Under our next President (Mr Biden, of course), violent crime will skyrocket because certain violent elements will now feel that they have a free hand to do whatever they want. Dem mayors and governors this year have allowed an orgy of violence. When the BLM- and ANTIFA-supporting Dems take over in D.C., Nancy & her kneeling cohorts will be the signal for those violent elements to take off the gloves.

Thank you for agreeing with me. Under our next President (Mr Biden, of course), violent crime will skyrocket because certain violent elements will now feel that they have a free hand to do whatever they want. Dem mayors and governors this year have allowed an orgy of violence. When the BLM- and ANTIFA-supporting Dems take over in D.C., Nancy & her kneeling cohorts will be the signal for those violent elements to take off the gloves.

You really have swallowed the who jar of Koolaid, haven't you? Violent crime wasn't any higher under Obama than it is under Trump and won't be under Biden.

I'm sorry you're so terrified to go out. I would suggest you stop listening to right wing fear mongering.

Maybe I missed it. But did the honorable Mr. Biden promise to make sucker punching of the elderly legal?

I was thinking the same thing. Our elder is right when he says he has to worry about these thugs sucker punching him, as all the rest of us do. But I would remind him that the Honorable Donald J. Trump is the president NOW and he STILL has to worry about that and, most likely, always will. If he thinks either/or will change the dark hearts of the thuggish part of our society, I would beg to differ.

DJT uses fear to motivate his supporters and it is a tactic that seems to work for him.

But I totally respect his opinion and concerns simply because he presented them in a gentleman's way. No matter which side people are on, we could all use a bit more civility.

Last edited:

Dem mayors and governors don't get to rule in cases of violence.

I continue my lonely, lonely quest in hawking for a national requirement that people pass the Citizenship exam before they are allowed to vote in Federal Elections.

I'd support this. You thinking about a test?

I'd support this. You thinking about a test?

Yup! The Citizenship exam - the same one we use for people who are naturalizing. I'd have it taught/taken as part of the High School curriculum, similar to how we currently treat drivers ed.

1. I have NO choice: I have to vote for the lesser of two evils: The Honorable Donald J. Trump.

2. I am an old man of 83. When I walk down the street, I never know when a young man might suddenly come up and sucker punch me.

a. I know that the Democrats do NOT believe in law and order, as we can see in New York City, Chicago, Portland, etc.
b. If a young man in any American city is arrested for sucker punching, he need only claim that he being treated unfairly for certain reasons, and he will be released.
c. Even Republicans are afraid to punish certain young criminals, but -- as I said -- I am limited to the lesser of two evils.

3. I think that the Honorable Joseph R. Biden will win. It will be a great day for criminals, who will then feel emboldened to continue their violent activities. It will be a tragic day for potential victims.

Did you feel the same way about walking down a street when Obama was President?
Do you feel safe to walk down a street the last 3+ years with Trump as President?

There was a riot in Scottsdale AZ this year with looting. The Mayor is a Republican. The Governor is a Republican. Guess they don't believe in law and order since a riot occurred .

I can agree with you that the choice once again comes down to the "lesser of two evils." for President.

-----------------------

To answer the OP question. Yes, I have decided on who I am voting for President.

Yup! The Citizenship exam - the same one we use for people who are naturalizing. I'd have it taught/taken as part of the High School curriculum, similar to how we currently treat drivers ed.

I'd completely support that. It's a great idea.

Did you feel the same way about walking down a street when Obama was President?
Do you feel safe to walk down a street the last 3+ years with Trump as President?

There was a riot in Scottsdale AZ this year with looting. The Mayor is a Republican. The Governor is a Republican. Guess they don't believe in law and order since a riot occurred .

I can agree with you that the choice once again comes down to the "lesser of two evils." for President.

No, I did not feel safe under the Honorable Barack Obama.

In fact, the knockout game basically started during his time. (Some perps proudly posted their violence on social media).

President Trump has tried to suppress violence, but Dem mayors and governors have resisted his efforts. The Speaker of the House even used the term "stormtroopers" to describe fed agents protecting fed buildings.

Next year (under President Biden) is going to be a doozy.

No, I did not feel safe under the Honorable Barack Obama.

In fact, the knockout game basically started during his time. (Some perps proudly posted their violence on social media).

President Trump has tried to suppress violence, but Dem mayors and governors have resisted his efforts. The Speaker of the House even used the term "stormtroopers" to describe fed agents protecting fed buildings.

Next year (under President Biden) is going to be a doozy.

So I bet you felt fine when Regan and Bush(s) were President and not so fine when Clinton, Obama were in office. I see a pattern here.

I suggest you arm yourself with pepper spray at a minimum and a Glock on the high side. I live in AZ where it is an open carry State and in recent years changed the laws to make it very easy to conceal carry without a permit in most cases.

Anyone who doesn't vote for Biden is un-American

Trump is Against everything America has stood for.since its inception

I have mixed feelings about.the deplorable. I hate them for enabling trump. But I feel sorry for them because they are so easily duped by right.wing media. My hope is at least some of them will see the truth.

And that's exactly the same sentiment the other side has.

I personally don't understand how anyone can be undecided at this point. You either know the values/issues that you hold dear or you don't know yourself.

I would like to see presidential candidates take it live at a debate.

They already are. Only citizens can vote. America has always been that way.

If this man is truly that ignorant about the candidates, he must have just become eligible to vote this year.

And that's exactly the same sentiment the other side has.

I personally don't understand how anyone can be undecided at this point. You either know the values/issues that you hold dear or you don't know yourself.

If you are educated about Donald Trump, you obviously know he is a horrible man in every way and absolutely never should have considered running for a public office. You also know this year it is all about kicking him out of office for extremely obvious reasons that have nothing to do with political issues. If you don't know this, you are not an educated American voter.

I was talking to my mom about the dangers of requesting absentee ballots so early. It is not a problem for us, but I have read about people changing their minds after voting. She said according to her friend, who is active in the Democratic Party, county elections boards do not know if a voter lost or never received an absentee ballot, so once it is sent, he or she can't vote in person. For these two reasons, I am not a fan of requesting absentee ballots in August or even September. It is possible to lose your ballot at home or never get it at all. You can't prove it.

This year is different. We all need absentee ballots, so the USPS would be overwhelmed anyway even without the stupid money and staffing problems. So everyone needs to know who to vote for with no chances of rethinking the decision in every federal, state, and local race on the ballot earlier than usual. This is not difficult for the U.S. President office, so I want to talk about that one first. Do you know if you will vote for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, Donald Trump/Mike Pence, or neither for President and Vice President?

I voted for Warren in the primary by mail. 10 minutes after I mailed my ballot, she dropped out.

Life is tough, the wearing of hats is suggested.

And right now, there is no possibility whatsoever that I would vote for Trump, so I may as well get it done.

I would like to see presidential candidates take it live at a debate.

Their campaigns would do the prep work to make sure they passed with full marks.

:D Surprise them and make them take it at an unanticipated moment on the campaign trail.

If you are educated about Donald Trump, you obviously know he is a horrible man in every way and absolutely never should have considered running for a public office. You also know this year it is all about kicking him out of office for extremely obvious reasons that have nothing to do with political issues. If you don't know this, you are not an educated American voter.

I can see you're very passionate. Good for you. Again, each voter has values or issues that hit home for them. Whether it be taxes, abortion, economy, global view, whatever. For you, it seems to be orange man bad. And that's just fine. Voters will usually vote what's in their best interest. I don't personally like my boss at work and would never choose to hang out with him. But he's doing a good job of running the company and keeping the paychecks coming.

I can see you're very passionate. Good for you. Again, each voter has values or issues that hit home for them. Whether it be taxes, abortion, economy, global view, whatever. For you, it seems to be orange man bad. And that's just fine. Voters will usually vote what's in their best interest. I don't personally like my boss at work and would never choose to hang out with him. But he's doing a good job of running the company and keeping the paychecks coming.

Too bad you can't say that about Orange Man, right?

I was talking to my mom about the dangers of requesting absentee ballots so early. It is not a problem for us, but I have read about people changing their minds after voting. She said according to her friend, who is active in the Democratic Party, county elections boards do not know if a voter lost or never received an absentee ballot, so once it is sent, he or she can't vote in person. For these two reasons, I am not a fan of requesting absentee ballots in August or even September. It is possible to lose your ballot at home or never get it at all. You can't prove it.

This year is different. We all need absentee ballots, so the USPS would be overwhelmed anyway even without the stupid money and staffing problems. So everyone needs to know who to vote for with no chances of rethinking the decision in every federal, state, and local race on the ballot earlier than usual. This is not difficult for the U.S. President office, so I want to talk about that one first. Do you know if you will vote for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, Donald Trump/Mike Pence, or neither for President and Vice President?

Haven't really made up my mind yet but I do know that I won't be voting for Biden.

Bet most.of.those deplorables couldn't pass it.

Back
Top Bottom