• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you considered what may happen if this Russian bastard feels like he's cornered?

Plenty of Chinese are apt to survive.
Better off being in the blast radius. The devastation would be global. I think you're picturing a scenario where China isn't being targeted by anyone. Not the likely outcome.

NOTHING Biden is involved in is going well, let alone 'very well'. Biden is singlehandedly destroying the Unites States of America.

Who the hell shuts off all of their federal oil supplies at home when we were at $2.10/gallon, then approaches our enemies - Russia, Iran, even the Saudis to which Biden is no friend of - and literally begs them to overproduce to flood the world market with oil in the hopes it MAY go down from now nearly $5/gallon.

BIDEN, OF COURSE.

Who the hell leaves $80 billion in US weapons behind in Afghanistan when the Ukrainians could have used them? BIDEN.

Who leaves thousands of Americans stranded in Afghanistan telling them to find their own way home?

BIDEN.

Much more.... but my boys want to hit some baseballs then go to the pool.

Biden does not know how to tweet. Do you have any idea how many tens of millions of people can't afford CNN and MSNBC and therefore really never hear from Biden. At least Trump kept ~70 million Americans informed.

What suddenly happened to the "Biden Plan" of masks and vaccine mandates? In the toilet now that he sees how well red states are doing.

GOP better damn well I'mpeach Biden for at least ignoring the SCOTUS ruling on "no eviction" extension that Biden had the CDC director do anyway. The CDC director should be criminally charged.

/sarcasm on
Is that you Tucker?
/sarcasm off

Biden Administration has issued more drilling permits than Trump.

- What happened to Trump's health care plan
- What happened to Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall
- What happened to Trump getting the US out of Afghanistan
- What happened to Trump saying covid was going to magically disappear.
- What happened to Trump saying he could balance the budget and get rid of the National debt.

/sarcasm on
Is that you Tucker?
/sarcasm off

Biden Administration has issued more drilling permits than Trump.

- What happened to Trump's health care plan
- What happened to Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall
- What happened to Trump getting the US out of Afghanistan
- What happened to Trump saying covid was going to magically disappear.
- What happened to Trump saying he could balance the budget and get rid of the National debt.
1. Those were all on PRIVATE lands Biden opened up. Who TF cares? Federal lands are still off-limit. Trump opened up large tracts of federal lands for oil exploration.
THE USA did not need to buy 500,000 barrels of oil from Russia every day until Biden slithered into office.

Biden has failed at every single thing so far. Now oil is at $107/barrel. $9.00 per gallon of gas not far behind. Biden is a joke and a clown.

Google the rest. I've got kids to take care of and it is 02:44 hours here.

If he is mentally unstable, if he feels he's losing it, he may do something crazy. The POS has a nuke arsenal that could bring on Armageddon. I sincerely hope there are cooler heads in Russia who could remove him before that happens.
Agreed. And although I've been on the side of punishing Russia severely for what it has done (and I still am), I think it's time to say this: I hope that cooler heads in NATO are trying to de-escalate the situation as well. I really hope that Biden is communicating to Putin that even though Putin ****ed around and found out, we don't have any desire to continue piling on pressure or escalating beyond what has already happened.

There are some horrendously bad ideas floating around right now...a no-fly zone over Ukraine, NATO volunteers fighting under Ukrainian command, immediate EU membership for Ukraine, trying to completely crash the Russian economy more than we already have, calling for regime change in Russia, etc. These things all run the risk of the situation spiraling out of control with truly unthinkable consequences.

I like Sun Tzu's maxim: "Build your enemy a golden bridge to retreat across." Let's make it clear to Putin that most of the sanctions will end if he withdraws from Ukraine, and let Russia figure out for themselves if Putin is still fit to lead them. If Ukraine agrees, we could even give Putin a couple face-saving concessions: NATO/Ukrainian recognition that Crimea is part of Russia, and an agreement to halt NATO/Ukraine membership talks for 5 years. (These concessions address Putin's alleged security concerns, without materially giving him anything that he didn't already have.)

We need to give Putin an out, so that he isn't a backed into a corner and doesn't do something insane.

If he is mentally unstable, if he feels he's losing it, he may do something crazy. The POS has a nuke arsenal that could bring on Armageddon. I sincerely hope there are cooler heads in Russia who could remove him before that happens.

Dude, everybody gets called "mentally unstable" when the warmongering establishment decides they have to be called.

Establishment decides Saddam has to go. He's then called mentally unstable.
Establishment decides Milosevic has to go. He's then called mentally unstable.
Establishment decides Trump has to go. He's then called mentally unstable.
And so on, and so on, and so on.

Thank goodness we dont have a freaking moron like Crooked donnietrump in the Peoples White House right about now Grandpappy.

Now I would worry about that! As it is, I feel so safe and comfy in President Bidens strong and steady European White Male hands. President Biden will see us through these troubled waters. He's seen it all before.
You feel safe having the absent minded Mr Magoo in charge?

All of NATO and other countries are all stepping up to punish russia. Even neutral Switzerland. Companies are stepping up and banning Russia from soccer events and other things, pulling their stake out of Russia. He's killing it, as well as President Zelensky and all the brave Ukrainians making such a stance to protect their country. Trump tried to weaken NATO, piss off our allies, blackmail Ukraine, remove sanction from Russia, and even after Putin'ns attack , praises him. So you trolls can buzz off, you hvae no credibility. Republicans, yet again, are showing what complete unpatriotic assholes partisan hacks they are and how they are wrong about everything. Biden is killing his response without pulling US troops into a conflict. Putin miscalculated. You terrorists can go move to Russia, you are not American patriots
I believe he already is cornered. The problem is the nukes, and his threat to use them if any Western Power puts a boot in Ukraine. It's very frustrating and all the good words and thoughts won't help them. Putin is holding the world hostage, and be damn the consequences for his own poor people.

A despot

NOTHING Biden is involved in is going well, let alone 'very well'. Biden is singlehandedly destroying the Unites States of America.

Who the hell shuts off all of their federal oil supplies at home when we were at $2.10/gallon, then approaches our enemies - Russia, Iran, even the Saudis to which Biden is no friend of - and literally begs them to overproduce to flood the world market with oil in the hopes it MAY go down from now nearly $5/gallon.

BIDEN, OF COURSE.

Who the hell leaves $80 billion in US weapons behind in Afghanistan when the Ukrainians could have used them? BIDEN.

Who leaves thousands of Americans stranded in Afghanistan telling them to find their own way home?

BIDEN.

Much more.... but my boys want to hit some baseballs then go to the pool.

Biden does not know how to tweet. Do you have any idea how many tens of millions of people can't afford CNN and MSNBC and therefore really never hear from Biden. At least Trump kept ~70 million Americans informed.

What suddenly happened to the "Biden Plan" of masks and vaccine mandates? In the toilet now that he sees how well red states are doing.

GOP better damn well I'mpeach Biden for at least ignoring the SCOTUS ruling on "no eviction" extension that Biden had the CDC director do anyway. The CDC director should be criminally charged.
Feel better?

I won't bother to rebut a cut and paste from Hannitys website.

Given he's fully sanctioned now, he has nothing to lose. He can invade the other former Soviet countries and go to war with NATO.

He either has to fold and look weak or go all in.

1. Those were all on PRIVATE lands Biden opened up. Who TF cares? Federal lands are still off-limit. Trump opened up large tracts of federal lands for oil exploration.
THE USA did not need to buy 500,000 barrels of oil from Russia every day until Biden slithered into office.

Biden has failed at every single thing so far. Now oil is at $107/barrel. $9.00 per gallon of gas not far behind. Biden is a joke and a clown.

Google the rest. I've got kids to take care of and it is 02:44 hours here.
Noted:
No link to back up your Private land statement.

Do you believe the conflict in Ukraine has anything to do with the price of oil?
Do you believe in 2019/2020 that covid had anything to do with the lack of demand for gas?

Noted:
No link to back up your Private land statement.

Do you believe the conflict in Ukraine has anything to do with the price of oil?

Yes, the higher the price of oil and natural gas gets, the more Putin has to spend on military adventures.

Do you believe in 2019/2020 that covid had anything to do with the lack of demand for gas?

Of course, and the reduced demand led to a drop in price.

Yes, the higher the price of oil and natural gas gets, the more Putin has to spend on military adventures.

Of course, and the reduced demand led to a drop in price.

Basically, then you are saying that the US or any country could stop the rise in oil prices due to Putin's war.

As far as gas prices 2019, Trump's policies had little to do with the drop in price. It was covid and the lack of demand for oil.

Basically, then you are saying that the US or any country could stop the rise in oil prices due to Putin's war.

As far as gas prices 2019, Trump's policies had little to do with the drop in price. It was covid and the lack of demand for oil.

That is not what I am saying. I am saying that the US buying Russian oil is helping to fund Putin’s military adventures.

Oil is a global commodity (thus oil prices fluctuate based on supply and demand), more domestic production means less need to import it.

The current annual all-time high of 12.3 million barrels a day was set in 2019. This year’s production forecast was also revised higher to 11.97 million barrels a day from an earlier projection of 11.8 million, the EIA said in its monthly Short-Term Energy Outlook report.

Oil is a global commodity (thus oil prices fluctuate based on supply and demand), more domestic production means less need to import it.

Yes. But since oil is a gobal commodity what price do you believe we pay for oil produced in the US? Want to bet it is what the market brings.

I was unaware. Can you provide citation?

A simple google search will give you pages from groups like the Federation of American Scientists on the structure of Russian Strategic Rocket Forces.

Simply put, Russia has the same kind of “two man rule” required in the US. Putin can’t just push a button on his desk and launch a nuke. From him giving the order to a missile being fired, the decision chain is going to pass through about a dozen people on down to the guy who actually turns the key.

Nobody wins. Nuclear winter.

Nuclear winter is an extremely overblown concept. And that’s not hyperbole. Scientists from the Cold War have admitted to deliberately over-estimating the effects of Nuclear Winter in order to try and influence policy.

Nuclear war would be devastating, but world ending? No.

Yes. But since oil is a gobal commodity what price do you believe we pay for oil produced in the US? Want to bet it is what the market brings.

Of course, but more oil supply in (on?) the market (regardless of it’s source) reduces it’s price. Crude oil is only part of the picture - crude oil refined into ‘petroleum products’ is also important.

Of course, but more oil supply in (on?) the market (regardless of it’s source) reduces it’s price. Crude oil is only part of the picture - crude oil refined into ‘petroleum products’ is also important.

agree.

Nuclear winter is an extremely overblown concept. And that’s not hyperbole. Scientists from the Cold War have admitted to deliberately over-estimating the effects of Nuclear Winter in order to try and influence policy.

Nuclear war would be devastating, but world ending? No.

I just Googled that and found a NY Times article stating the same. I had no idea. Makes me feel a little bit better.

Maybe Putin should employ a personal food taster. We both know there is more than one way to eliminate dictators😉.
How do you know that he doesnt? LOL

Back
Top Bottom