• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you been to Europe? [W:107]

Have you been to Europe?

• Total voters
Yes, many places and many times. I love it all. I miss Europe. We'd retire in France depending on how my wife's parents are when the time comes. The Swiss are a little too rigid for my liking, though they are nice people. Portugal we have not visited, but would love to go. Turkey may be the destination for our next trip.

Born in the UK and lived about 9 years of my life there, split up into several different shifts. Also been to the amsterdam and copenhagen airports, but I suspect that doesn't count. In spite of what some might think, I like England very much. I enjoy the pubs, the sports, and find most of the people very friendly. I tend to frequent areas not on the list of tourist attractions - such as the northeast of England - and find those places charming. London, not so much.

I can take or leave London myself! However me and my friends enjoy doing the monopoly pub crawl! You visit a pub on every street of the monopoly board and try to finish the board in one day! Its a good way to see the city without all the tourist crap and you get to see some amazing pubs! Like the Ye olde Chesire cheese which is one of the older pubs in cen central Lonbdon, rebuilt in 1667.

Born in the UK and lived about 9 years of my life there, split up into several different shifts. Also been to the amsterdam and copenhagen airports, but I suspect that doesn't count. In spite of what some might think, I like England very much. I enjoy the pubs, the sports, and find most of the people very friendly. I tend to frequent areas not on the list of tourist attractions - such as the northeast of England - and find those places charming. London, not so much.

I can take or leave London myself! However me and my friends enjoy doing the monopoly pub crawl! You visit a pub on every street of the monopoly board and try to finish the board in one day! Its a good way to see the city without all the tourist crap and you get to see some amazing pubs! Like the Ye olde Chesire cheese which is one of the older pubs in cen central Lonbdon, rebuilt in 1667.

I spent 3yrs at a SW1 address and concur; it is one of my least favorite parts of the UK. I approach the city abit like a 'hit and run' project, do the sights and get out. It was just way to fast for my liking....

Paul

Have you been to Europe?

I spent 3yrs at a SW1 address and concur; it is one of my least favorite parts of the UK. I approach the city abit like a 'hit and run' project, do the sights and get out. It was just way to fast for my liking....

Paul

Not seen much of England outside of London but I prefer an Irish sized city, where I'm never more than 30mins drive from the countryside. London is too grey.

My mom's German so I've gone back with her to visit (also to Austria and Switzerland). I thought it was really nice. Some of the scenery is totally amazing.

Was in Germany for 4 weeks in 2005 for my Army reserve annual training....when we had time off me and my buddies went to Munich and Augsberg,both cities were impressive.

I may need to go to Kranj Slovenia for work at some point.

Nope. The Europe I'd like to visit ceased to exist half a millennium ago.

You wouldn't survive the diseases that were current then such as the Black Death, the hygiene standards would have killed you otherwise.

I may need to go to Kranj Slovenia for work at some point.

make sure you take a high quality camera with loads of spare memory. Scenery is just stunning.

Stationed in Wiesbaden Germany for 3 years. I am guessing my answer should be yes.

Hey, it's Sunday! Let's have a break and probably a drink, shall we? ;)

So, have you been to Europe and what do you think about it? :)

Studied in Turkey for a year and spent a few months in Spain studying Spanish , working with woofing.org or workaway.info or just sleeping outside. Looking to move to one of these countries on more of a long term basis in the near future so if anyone wants to join me (or even come visit when i have long term accommodation) then drop me a pm. Also visited France a lot as a kid and visited Bulgaria and Georgia while In Turkey.

I can't remember. But I've been to Europe lots of times. They always speak funny. And yes that includes Brussels, Geneve and Marseille.

Yes, many places and many times. I love it all. I miss Europe. We'd retire in France depending on how my wife's parents are when the time comes. The Swiss are a little too rigid for my liking, though they are nice people. Portugal we have not visited, but would love to go. Turkey may be the destination for our next trip.

Risky, I dig what your saying and agree.

I don't care what people thing about France, and more in particular, Paris. Paris is rocking. I dig the hell out of Paris. I'd live there in a heartbeat...if I was a city boy. Given that I'm pretty much a country boy. I'd have no trouble living in the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Minori is a great place. The Mediterranean Sea is like glass every day. The coast line if fabulous.

yes, running down bike riders and pedestrians driving muscle car is considered a sport in some places here.

Having been on both sides of that, I say 'no blood no foul'.

Not YET, but I will. I want to go to England, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, and Italy.

Been to much of it. I have never been to anywhere in Scandinavia, the Baltic states or the Caucasus.

Favourite country I have visited: Spain (natch)
Least favourite country I have visited: Switzerland (zzzzzzz)
Country I most wish to visit (that I haven't yet): Romania
Favourite city: Budapest
Least favourite city: Milan

Risky, I dig what your saying and agree.

I don't care what people thing about France, and more in particular, Paris. Paris is rocking. I dig the hell out of Paris. I'd live there in a heartbeat...if I was a city boy. Given that I'm pretty much a country boy. I'd have no trouble living in the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Minori is a great place. The Mediterranean Sea is like glass every day. The coast line if fabulous.

Ah, if only I could afford to live in Paris. No matter, I'll take most anyplace other than Calais. Some people don't like France because they were told not to by the Bush government. The only rude person I've met in Paris was an old bitch working in the change window at the pay toilets at the Gare du Nord. Even the French people in the queue behind me were calling her names. On the other hand I can't count the number of people who have been helpful and frequently polite.

Been to much of it. I have never been to anywhere in Scandinavia, the Baltic states or the Caucasus.

Favourite country I have visited: Spain (natch)
Least favourite country I have visited: Switzerland (zzzzzzz)
Country I most wish to visit (that I haven't yet): Romania
Favourite city: Budapest
Least favourite city: Milan

I have not been to Budapest, but I'd very much like to go there. Oddly, I have met several Romanians living in here in Arizona. I'm not sure why that is.

Not seen much of England outside of London but I prefer an Irish sized city, where I'm never more than 30mins drive from the countryside. London is too grey.

I love dirty old Dublin. I can't be there too often. For reasons I can't explain I find the brogue easier to understand in Cork! Assbackwards, I know. Anywhere in Ireland is grand, though Limerick doesn't rock me, even if it's where my family is from. Favorites would be difficult to list beyond Dublin, but I like Clifden and Galway. I nearly froze my nuts off one night at a B&B in Tralee. Killarney is fun. My wife's favorite outside Dublin. Doolin is great.

We usually start in Dublin with no plans and see where we end up. You can't go wrong.

Hey, it's Sunday! Let's have a break and probably a drink, shall we? ;)

So, have you been to Europe and what do you think about it? :)

London: ****ty food, unless you're eating Indian. Great techno scene. Discovered that Scottish chicks are slutty as hell. Loved the Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre. Ridiculously expensive.

Amsterdam: One of the best places to party in the world. The Van Gogh museum blew my mind. Window shopping for prostitutes is highly entertaining when you're drunk (they literally are in windows wearing lingerie; it's awesome).

Munich: Loved the sausage. Visited Dachau, which was intense. Accidentally wandered into a tranny strip club/got hit on by creepy middle aged gay guys.

Frankfurt: Had a six hour layover at their airport. Hadn't slept in 24 hours. All I remember is paying 30 euro for breakfast.

Vienna: Cool buildings. Chill culture. Not wild about the food.

Rome: Best food ever. Loved the ruins. Insanely beautiful women. Very expensive clothing stores.

Barcelona: Great nightclubs. Paella is a wonderful thing. Fantastic architecture. Gorgeous weather. Cheaper than the rest of Western Europe.

Paris: Beautiful city with lots of history. They get pissed if you don't speak French. The Louvre was amazing but gigantic and exhausting. Not wild about French food (I'm lactose intolerant).

Prague: Lived in the fashion district for three months (the university at which I was studying international law is in the fashion district). Hordes of Eastern European models. Great beer. Had Afghani cuisine for the first time (it's a cross between Indian and Middle Eastern food - very good).

I've also been there. Did you go to the warf section? I did (~'98) and I stumbled upon this strange little "museum" in the warehouse dictrict where no one went except me (to see the water and work boats). I'm quite sure it was the Al Q headquarters in Hamburg.

I did my masters in Europe, so I lived there about 2 years and travelled about Europe then and on other (short) visits.

Interesting. Unfortunately I've only been there a few hours, between planes so I couldn't properly say that I've toured it.
I mostly went to Deutschland and Rossiya mainly because of my interest in WWII (I was starting to get interested in that topic and a pause in my life allowed me that opportunity to experience what I've only read) but I also saw some of the older history such as the palace in Petrograd, the Kremlin in Moskva and such.

Back
Top Bottom